Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256

Jay wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

They said they are holding a 20 year old Saudi man as a person of interest. They said he is cooperating and denies involvement. It was observed that he was trying to enter the blast area right before the bomb went off and then was fleeing after getting blown up and burnt. He was chased down by a bystander and held down until police showed up.

I sure hope he is the guy that blew people up because this would be really embarrassing if he isn't. A mob of people instantly turning on a injured Arab for retribution. Bad image.
Why? Stop being so PC. Arabs have performed the last memorable acts of terror on US soil. It's not racism to react to a pattern. To do otherwise is putting sensitivity before reason.
"pattern".

Domestic terrorism in the United States between 1980 and 2000 consisted of 250 of the 335 incidents confirmed as or suspected to be terrorist acts by the FBI. These 250 attacks are considered domestic by the FBI because they were carried out by U.S. citizens.
looks like the 'pattern' is mostly for white/western americans to do it, on home soil.

but then again, when a whitie with a big idea goes crazy with a gun and kills 30 people, it's not 'terrorism', they're "insane".

when a brown dude puts a bomb in a bin, it's the islamic invasion of the west.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6774|PNW

I don't know about you, Jay, but I sure can't remember things like the Oklahoma City Bombing, the Ku Klux Klan, the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta, the Unabomber, anthrax letters, the Austin IRS building and, more recently, Christopher Dorner. Do you want to add all the school and mall shootings to the list?
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256
the painful irony here is that it IS boston, home of the american-irish IRA fanboys, as dilbert pointed out.

but somehow it's not racist to auto-assume it's an arab.

this coming from jay, again, who cried foul when i dared speak of roc's 'black heritage' ("there is no race heritage in america you racist!!!!")
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6001|...
I don't think it's 'homegrown' terrorism as the target of the attacks appears to be completely random, really. Domestic terrorism is usually politically motivated and more often than not chooses specific events or people to attack to make a point. The only motive for targetting the Boston marathon must've been to maximize the amount of casualties and dead the blast would cause - the perpetrator could've just as easily chosen another random event as long as there would be a large gathering of people as killing seems to be the only objective.

I won't rule out that it could've been done by a US national who just wanted to blow people up but in this case I believe it's more likely that it's a genuine 'terrorist attack'.

Last edited by Shocking (2013-04-16 08:13:58)

inane little opines
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256
oh, okay. "genuine terrorism", i.e. terrorism done by darkies. your habitual disliking of muslims comes through in your dumb categorization of terrorism being "genuine" only when it involves arabs or islam. again: the vast majority of terrorism incidents in america have been domestic, i.e. perpetrated by a national. but then i guess only the small minority were "genuine" attacks, right. it's not authentic if it doesn't cross a race or culture barrier.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5360|London, England

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I don't know about you, Jay, but I sure can't remember things like the Oklahoma City Bombing, the Ku Klux Klan, the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta, the Unabomber, anthrax letters, the Austin IRS building and, more recently, Christopher Dorner. Do you want to add all the school and mall shootings to the list?
Here in New York, terrorism will always be associated with Muslims.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256

Jay wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Here in New York, terrorism will always be associated with Muslims.
but this happened in boston.

and that is not rational in any way.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5701
shocking just wants use this as an opportunity to attack muslims/brown people. please tell us more on how to distinguish "genuine terrorism" from fake terrorism? lol.

we need more learning mr. counter-terrorism expert.

and fyi, in the US, more terror plots originate domestically then abroad and are concocted by non-muslims. fbi statistics from 1980-2005 show that muslim extremist only account for 6% of terrorist attacks on u.s. soil. jewish extremist come in at 7%.

your 'analysis' sounds like something out of a television show/movie.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

You Muslims always have to bring the Jews into it.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256
"genuine terrorism" is one of the funniest terms i've heard. i knew the dutch were racist but jesus h. christ. that's a whole other level. couching idiotic bias in silly academic semantics.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5701
i'm assuming this is what it was like to live during the cold war. just replace the communist with angry brown people.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5701

Macbeth wrote:

latinos take the gold home with a shocking 42%.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6661|BC, Canada

13/f/taiwan wrote:

i'm assuming this is what it was like to live during the cold war. just replace the communist with angry brown people.
Have to be afraid of the bogeyman don't we...
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Whiteroom, why laugh? Two WTC attacks, bi-annual reports of the NYPD stopping Islamic terror attacks here. Do you live here? No? Ok then.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
13/f/taiwan
+940|5701
https://i2.wp.com/www.loonwatch.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/piechart2.jpg?resize=491%2C491

i only bought up jews to show how narrow-minded and misinformed people can be. and the subtle racism employed by the media.

the system trying to keep a brother down.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Again, New York associates terrorism with Muslims, and the national media is largely based in NYC. dems da breaks. I'm sorry you were born a Muslim in New York, taiwan, but instead of trying to deflect and point out other groups, which won't change a single mind here outside of Brooklyn, jump on the bandwagon and be mad at the assholes that made it so you receive suspicious looks on subway platforms
-Frederick Bastiat
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718

13/f/taiwan wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Because there's a broad definition of "terrorism" now. Hell a drive by can be considered "terrorism" if you threw a few pipe bombs here and there and set up IED's.

Fort Hood shooting was somehow "terrorism" when a shrink ossifer went nuts and shot people.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256

Jay wrote:

Again, New York associates terrorism with Muslims, and the national media is largely based in NYC. dems da breaks. I'm sorry you were born a Muslim in New York, taiwan, but instead of trying to deflect and point out other groups, which won't change a single mind here outside of Brooklyn, jump on the bandwagon and be mad at the assholes that made it so you receive suspicious looks on subway platforms
we're sorry you were born a poor white dude jay, can you stop deflecting all the time now too? condescending twerp.

wasn't it tax day/weekend in america? anyone remember that white dude who flew his plane into an IRS centre?

but nah, must be muslims. just has to be.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5701
jay i'll bet that 10k you just got as a tax return it was done by a far-right wing(white, probably christian, and poor) group.

Last edited by 13/f/taiwan (2013-04-16 09:17:24)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I wouldn't take that bet. I'm just saying you can't get mad when people here automatically assume 'Muslim' when a terrorist attack happens.
-Frederick Bastiat
13/f/taiwan
+940|5701

Cybargs wrote:

13/f/taiwan wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Because there's a broad definition of "terrorism" now. Hell a drive by can be considered "terrorism" if you threw a few pipe bombs here and there and set up IED's.

Fort Hood shooting was somehow "terrorism" when a shrink ossifer went nuts and shot people.
no not really. they still have a narrow definition for the word terrorism.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5701

Jay wrote:

I wouldn't take that bet. I'm just saying you can't get mad when people here automatically assume 'Muslim' when a terrorist attack happens.
so i should just accept their stupidity and racism?
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256

Jay wrote:

of COURSE he can get mad. because it is total irrational speculation. it is a direct expression of xenophobia and bigotry. against ALL facts and statistical evidence, people tend to point towards arabs/muslims. it is irrational and thus it is bias. you can point at 9/11 all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that the overwhelming majority of terrorist incidents - of a markedly smaller size than 9/11 - are perpetrated by non-muslims. so for you to start saying "it's arabs", straight after a tragic event, is pretty much just dumb ignorant fear... bordering on racism. distrust of the Other. he has every right to be annoyed.

you said to me "you can't talk to roc about his particular racial heritage; everyone in america is firstly american". but now you're telling 13/f/taiwan to suck it up because he's a muslim/brown-skinned before he's an american, and he should take it on the chin that he is pre-judged by scared white people in this way. the fuck is wrong with you? one minute you're the echt-liberal, the next you're a thick-accented noo yawker talking about darkies. you are a fucking joke dude.

(oh yea, quote this post someone, because he's also a child and has me on ignore).

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-04-16 09:21:13)

13/f/taiwan
+940|5701

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Jay wrote:

of COURSE he can get mad. because it is total irrational speculation. it is a direct expression of xenophobia and bigotry. against ALL facts and statistical evidence, people tend to point towards arabs/muslims. it is irrational and thus it is bias. you can point at 9/11 all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that the overwhelming majority of terrorist incidents - of a markedly smaller size than 9/11 - are perpetrated by non-muslims. so for you to start saying "it's arabs", straight after a tragic event, is pretty much just dumb ignorant fear... bordering on racism. distrust of the Other. he has every right to be annoyed.

you said to me "you can't talk to roc about his particular racial heritage; everyone in america is firstly american". but now you're telling 13/f/taiwan to suck it up because he's a muslim/brown-skinned before he's an american, and he should take it on the chin that he is pre-judged by scared white people in this way. the fuck is wrong with you? one minute you're the echt-liberal, the next you're a thick-accented noo yawker talking about darkies. you are a fucking joke dude.

(oh yea, quote this post someone, because he's also a child and has me on ignore).
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

13/f/taiwan wrote:

Jay wrote:

so i should just accept their stupidity and racism?
Is it racism? Is your religion the issue or is it the color of your skin?

Who should you be more mad at? People who look at you with suspicion, or the people who created an environment where you are viewed with suspicion?
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard