jsnipy
...
+3,276|6599|...

damn. I wish I invested in this thread 10 years ago ... I would be retired 5 times over.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+639|3796
Not too late to invest. This will have steady returns for some time.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+639|3796
A conservative firearm instructor Army veteran shot up bowling alley during Children's night. Killed dozens of kids.

It is the drag queen's fault
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,737|6814|Oxferd Ohire
Conservatives in reddit blamed the libs for the breakdown of society for this and not guns.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,975|6709|949

SuperJail Warden wrote:

A conservative firearm instructor Army veteran shot up bowling alley during Children's night. Killed dozens of kids.

It is the drag queen's fault
There's no better way to protect kids than increasing the number of guns available and posting online about protecting kids.
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+2,053|6848|PNW

Apparently the guy was held in a psychiatric ward at one point and should've been red-flagged for gun confiscation, but wasn't red-flagged for gun confiscation?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,975|6709|949

No red flag laws in Maine,  only some arcane yellow flag law.
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+2,053|6848|PNW

Yeah, just read up on it. Absurd.

e: there's like three shootings on the sidebar. gotta pay attention to your clicks or you'll end up on some article about a completely different nightmare.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2023-10-26 17:18:39)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,811|6183|eXtreme to the maX
Surely the freedom of mentally ill people to own firearms is one of the most important freedoms?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+2,053|6848|PNW

interesting op on the insincere and unhelpful overlap between gun and mental health commentaries: https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-opi … rcna122383
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+639|3796
Yeah, National Review has yet to comment about this one even though the guy is going Rambo in the woods this very moment.
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BZWMwNmFjMDItMzI5Yy00NzZkLWFlNGYtNDZlNDA1ZTU1N2Q5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjMwNDgzNjc@._V1_.jpg

I assume since this guy is a conservative who checked off the right boxes they don't want to comment on it.

I disagree with the article about the need to address gun suicides. The 2nd Amendment people using their right to bear arms in their bathrooms during holidays and personally significant dates means there will be less people to advocate for loose gun laws.

Frankly, I think we should loosen gun laws in the part of Florida where the old people live in those special old people communities. Maybe put some billboards up telling them NOT to commit suicide.
https://www.ruralhealthinfo.org/assets/3231-13054/1077-suicide-prevention-billboard-fb.jpg
A bunch of billboards telling them not to commit suicide will encourage them since it puts the idea into their head. You see a bunch of signs that say don't do something and you will want to do it just to spite the sign.
https://media.tenor.com/VKpOBfq4cNAAAAAC/youre-not-the-boss-of-me-beca.gif

Last edited by SuperJail Warden (2023-10-27 09:28:07)

https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,811|6183|eXtreme to the maX
Well they found him. Apparently he was triggered because he went deaf, then got hearing aids and could hear what people were saying about him thinking he was deaf.

Funny story - my mgr thought my ipod was on and said to my coworker (the chinese girl who can do rote tasks but nothing creative) "You should try to emulate Dilbert, he's not a genius but he can do anything"

What he doesn't know is:
- I take this sort of thing very seriously
- I am in fact a highly stable genius
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+639|3796
A lot of military members are going deaf. The ear plugs 3M supplied were not good. Literally getting sued by the government for it.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/29/business … index.html

Hmm still isn't the fault of the guns for being loud. It is the ear plugs fault. We need to better regulate the ear plugs.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+2,053|6848|PNW

Suing 3M makes more sense. Imagine suing a jackhammer company because your earplugs suck. Do gun companies normally tell people that gunfire is safe for the human ear?

A lot of navel-gazing should be done by the military due to the preventable maladies suffered by veterans. Especially ones it purposefully ignored, sidestepped (or slithered out from under), and outright denied despite being perfectly aware of. This in addition to the false advertising recruiters are notorious for.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,811|6183|eXtreme to the maX
Ear plugs are hard to get right, each person needs different ones.

I use plugs and external ear defenders, neither are really good enough by themselves.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6790|Purplicious Wisconsin
While at it, can suppressors not be an NFA item so people can be able to purchase them for the sake of preserving hearing? They aren't as silent as movies and videogames depict them.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,737|6814|Oxferd Ohire
nah
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+688|6367|Washington St.
legalize hand grenades too, my hearing is always awful after using them on my neighbors who don't look like me



side note: rick tells me im dumb

Last edited by pirana6 (2023-10-31 14:48:51)

unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+2,053|6848|PNW

War Man wrote:

While at it, can suppressors not be an NFA item so people can be able to purchase them for the sake of preserving hearing? They aren't as silent as movies and videogames depict them.
"Currently legal in 40+ states."
https://www.americanrifleman.org/conten … suppressor
https://www.silencershop.com/blog/post/ … suppressor
https://www.silencershop.com/blog/post/ … s-by-state

Do you live in a state where they're not allowed? Are you a Prohibited Person? What reason(s) should we abolish firearms regulations for?

Short of just banning the things altogether, imo weapons laws should be comprehensive, with well-defined motive and terminology, easy to understand, and easy to follow from municipality to municipality. There should be no confusion or room to dispute definitions.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2023-11-01 05:25:31)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,811|6183|eXtreme to the maX

War Man wrote:

While at it, can suppressors not be an NFA item so people can be able to purchase them for the sake of preserving hearing? They aren't as silent as movies and videogames depict them.
The NFA doesn't prevent anyone purchasing them does it?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6790|Purplicious Wisconsin

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

War Man wrote:

While at it, can suppressors not be an NFA item so people can be able to purchase them for the sake of preserving hearing? They aren't as silent as movies and videogames depict them.
"Currently legal in 40+ states."
https://www.americanrifleman.org/conten … suppressor
https://www.silencershop.com/blog/post/ … suppressor
https://www.silencershop.com/blog/post/ … s-by-state

Do you live in a state where they're not allowed? Are you a Prohibited Person? What reason(s) should we abolish firearms regulations for?

Short of just banning the things altogether, imo weapons laws should be comprehensive, with well-defined motive and terminology, easy to understand, and easy to follow from municipality to municipality. There should be no confusion or room to dispute definitions.
It's the tax stamp and having to wait for approval just for an attachment for a firearm that is what I am getting at.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+2,053|6848|PNW

Should they be sold in supermarkets next to the liquor case? Urban Warfare Party Pack and Confetti Flashbang.

Donate to the food drive and get 30% off your next 30-round banana clip (1 per household).
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+639|3796
It is beyond belief how some people think that having more guns will make things safer. "But it will give people a way to fight back." Dude, I don't want to have to fight back. I want to smoke weed, fuck girls from Tinder, and play video games. Why would anyone want to live in a world where you need to be ready to PvP a wacked out deaf veteran?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6790|Purplicious Wisconsin

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Should they be sold in supermarkets next to the liquor case? Urban Warfare Party Pack and Confetti Flashbang.

Donate to the food drive and get 30% off your next 30-round banana clip (1 per household).
Gun stores and the like are fine.

I can acquire a binary trigger for an ar-15 with no issue with no registered or fee to pay, sort of doubling the rate of fire of my ar-15 if I want. However, a suppressor which quiets the weapon a little ( does not get rid of the sonic boom ) , but happens to reduce the muzzle velocity of the projectiles somehow requires being registered and a fee paid for.

One reason I am against gun regulations is because of inconsistency of restrictions and general ignorance firearms in general.

Take the Street Sweeper shotgun in late 80's , early 90's

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b0/Armsel_Striker_no_background.png

It is considered a destructive device despite not really being good and reloading is slow as you have to individualyl load shells. Capacity is 10 rounds. Meanwhile I can acquire a saiga semi auto with a detachable drum that can hold 30 rounds and that is perfectly fine and legal, nevermind the greater destruction I can potentially cause with the saiga, yet the Street Sweeper is a destructive device under the NFA. Can you explain why? It makes no sense.

Last edited by War Man (2023-11-02 00:18:21)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,811|6183|eXtreme to the maX

War Man wrote:

Can you explain why? It makes no sense.
Most things in America make no sense.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard