SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721
It is kinda meh.

It can't hear commands over its own music. The music takes like  20 seconds to start. You can ask it to play a band but it won't play them unless you added the songs to your prime library. Instead it will play a station based on what you asked like Pandora. I asked for LL Cool J and it gave me country music lol

It knows what city I live in but when I asked it who the mayor was, it told me the mayor of the city named Bayonne in France.

The phone app needs work. That's all.

It has trouble understanding long question. it understands "who is the king of Spain" but didn't understand "who was the last king of France'

It has a lot of potential though and it probably gets firmware updates so the sky is the limit.

It is only $100. Wouldn't pay $200 for it.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6683|Disaster Free Zone
You would have to pay me a monthly subscription of $50+ for me to use it.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721
I got free weed from a customer today. After I finished his car he told me he had something for me in his car and gave me a baggy with a few nuggets. He didn't even ask if I smoked.

People give you all sorts of stuff when you work on their cars. Crates of fruit, bottles of wine and vodka, bags of bagels, pizza pies, steak and sausages, and Chinese bootleg clothing and sneakers.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6634|949

i went from not being an uncle to soon being an uncle of 3. How exciting!
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6739|Oxferd Ohire
so triplets or good timing
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6634|949

Timing.  Funny how it works.  First my younger sister, then my sister in law, then my younger brother.  Takes a lot of pressure off me too, which is nice.  All due between Aug and Nov.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6292|Washington St.
I don't understand why people are pressured to have kids.

"Hey, have children. Hurry"

No. I'll have or not have children when I fucking decide on it. You want kids? Go have kids. You can't have kids anymore but still want them? Check your fucking brain out cause you've lost it. Don't want kids but want to hang out with mine? Get over it, and this is your first and last warning, if I have to tell you again, I'm not coming home for thanksgiving dinner. Try me if you think I'm joking.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6683|Disaster Free Zone
I think its also the forgone conclusion of everyone that you will have kids. Everything is "WHEN" you have kids etc, which clearly should be "IF" you have kids etc. So many times need to tell people, I'm never having kids [please fuck off].
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6292|Washington St.
My mom and dad have finally come around to the idea that they are going grandchildless. My brother is 31 and in no hurry to have kids and I've told them since I was in high school I'm not having any. They didn't believe me in HS cause they thought I'd change my mind (or a girl would change it for me) and they were right to assume it would happen, but I'm at child bearing age and nowhere close so they're finally cluing in.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6686|United States of America
This most recent paycheck allowed me to comfortably pay off the balance on my student loans! Woo!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5360|London, England
Kids are
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6739|Oxferd Ohire
babies are horrible
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721

RTHKI wrote:

babies are horrible
Brasso
+1,549|6632

SuperJail Warden wrote:

RTHKI wrote:

babies are horrible
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6777|Moscow, Russia
kids suck
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
jsnipy
+3,276|6524|...

pirana6 wrote:

No. I'll have or not have children when I fucking decide on it. You want kids? Go have kids. You can't have kids anymore but still want them? Check your fucking brain out cause you've lost it. Don't want kids but want to hang out with mine? Get over it, and this is your first and last warning, if I have to tell you again, I'm not coming home for thanksgiving dinner. Try me if you think I'm joking.
Comes from a couple of factors. First is that in some cases it becomes harder for some women to carry a child when they get to old. Second is that you don't want to be raising young children in your forties.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6777|Moscow, Russia

jsnipy wrote:

you don't want to be raising young children in your forties.
why?
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6108|eXtreme to the maX
It looks really tiring.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6292|Washington St.

jsnipy wrote:

pirana6 wrote:

Comes from a couple of factors. First is that in some cases it becomes harder for some women to carry a child when they get to old. Second is that you don't want to be raising young children in your forties.
No worries I'm just gonna skip kids altogether. If I want to hang out with them, I'm sure my friends with them will be MORE than happy to let me baby sit whenever I want. But aside from the occasional watching them eat food poorly, I have 0 interest in taking them to pee-wee football/watching their crappy clarinet recitals/paying for new shoes every 3 days/paying for 10 lbs of food when theyre 16/etc.

edito: Let me clarify I have no issue with other people doing this or finding joy in this. It's just not for ME.

Last edited by pirana6 (2015-04-07 10:09:45)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721
You are breaking your mother's heart.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6292|Washington St.
I wasn't put on this earth to please my mother.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6624|Little Bentcock
I want to have kids. Trouble is I planned to have them sometime between 25-30. I'm 25 now and not ready for kids. I don't want to be an old dad. I had youngish parents, dad was 27 and mum was 25 when she had me. A lot of kids I went to school had 50 year old parents at the end of primary school. I thought it was so weird.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6292|Washington St.
was it weird cause they were just older than your parents? or was it weird cause they couldn't keep up with their kids running around the playground?

I mean was it weird in relation to your life? or by itself with no outside influence was it weird?
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6624|Little Bentcock

pirana6 wrote:

was it weird cause they were just older than your parents? or was it weird cause they couldn't keep up with their kids running around the playground?

I mean was it weird in relation to your life? or by itself with no outside influence was it weird?
Weird in that my parents were still out playing with me and having fun, and not so out of touch with me where there's weren't, and weird in that their parents were almost as old as my grandparents. By the time my friends were/will be getting married and having kids they will be too old to be in their grandchildren's life until adulthood potentially.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6325|Graz, Austria
Yeah, parents that are too old seem to be pretty out of touch with their children. They seem to be 1.5 to 2 generations older than their children, rather than only the next one.
We have neighbors who somewhat look like and behave like the grandparents of their kids.

Guess that heavily depends on the personality though. Other adults are concerned about their garden and their house, while I rather play Super Mario or boardgames with my kids.
My five year old constantly asks how many games I have, when he sees my Steam library and desktop icons, and complains that my wife doesn't have as many.

On the other hand, that might at one point lead to my kids thinking that I'm a weird, childish dad.
But if that happens, I know I've succeeded in life.

I really dislike that stereotype of a dad going fishing with his first born son or teaching him how to do a proper fisticuff.
I rather show them the mars rovers on Google maps and teach them diplomacy.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard