Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4260

Dilbert_X wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

lol.
lol? Really?

#1 Gigi Edgely is not doing Adelaide this year, only Perth, wherever that is. Richard Dean Anderson does not compensate.

#2 I have had not had the time or energy to work up a good cosplay performance.

I was thinking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-bCGOthQ5k

I think I could make a replica minigun, and the Samurai outfit should hide my girth adequately.
Just need two cosplayers, could probably hire a Baby Doll for the day.

"lol" indeed.....
you know, there are two types of people who frequently apply the term 'hipster' as an insult on the internet:

1) the 'regular' joes who perceive hipsters and ostentatiously try-hard-to-be-cool/far-out/weird people as somehow outré, beyond the pale, weird and non-conformist, unconventional, contrived, etc. these are essentially your bog-standard people who will apply the umbrella term to classify anything that doesn't fit in with their own social norms and mores. these people have at least some validity in the application of the term, because 'hipster' in this sense just signifies someone living outside of the mainstream of society (the 'underground is cool' logic), and these people ARE the mainstream.

... & 2) sad people on the internet who have cottoned onto 'hipster' hate in the same way a bandwagon formed around hating emo kids several years ago. there is no ideology or reasoning here, like the regular joe hating the hipster for his unconventionality/beyond the pale conspicuousness/artifice. these people just hate whatever prevailing social fashion/custom is in the limelight, as a form of psychological 'casting aspersions'. these people are normally way below the level of functionality and social savvy of the 'regular joe', and instead use the hipster (or emo, or whatever the current on-trend scapegoat is) as a locus to offload their negativity and bile. in this sense, the free and liberal use of the term 'hipster' as an intended-insult is somewhat of a misnomer; it conceals a hateful and dishonest ideology constructed basically on wishful thinking.

based on your frequent use of the term here, and based on the contextual information you have provided - still lives at home, despite being fully into a career and in middle-age; attends cosplay conventions completely unironically; thinks lady gaga concerts are tres tres cool - which of the two aforementioned groups do you think you fall into? hmm.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-03-06 09:00:08)

13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6503

oohh, i know - he's a hipster . . .
eleven bravo
+1,399|5265|foggy bottom
my venezuelan cousin couldnt care less about chavez.  his FB page is filled with pictures of gourmet meals.

Last edited by eleven bravo (2013-03-06 09:05:22)

Tu Stultus Es
Brasso
+1,549|6636

Cybargs wrote:

thats some white people sushi right there/ still, looks good.
ya i'm not the best when it comes to making it, but i'm pretty good at eating it
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6637|949

Macbeth wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Vegas in 7 hours. Can't wait
Keep us updated.
It was good. Came back with more than I left with. A stripper won her and me a bunch of money in video poker then shoved her titties in my face. My friend who couldn't make it out sent a nice bottle of scotch to our room.

Vegas is awesome. No more updates coming.
Roc18
`
+655|5796|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

lol.
lol? Really?

#1 Gigi Edgely is not doing Adelaide this year, only Perth, wherever that is. Richard Dean Anderson does not compensate.

I was thinking

I think I could make a replica minigun, and the Samurai outfit should hide my girth adequately.

"lol" indeed.....
you know, there are two types of people who frequently apply the term 'hipster' as an insult on the internet:

1) the 'regular' joes who perceive hipsters and ostentatiously try-hard-to-be-cool/far-out/weird people as somehow outré, beyond the pale, weird and non-conformist, unconventional, contrived, etc. these are essentially your bog-standard people who will apply the umbrella term to classify anything that doesn't fit in with their own social norms and mores. these people have at least some validity in the application of the term, because 'hipster' in this sense just signifies someone living outside of the mainstream of society (the 'underground is cool' logic), and these people ARE the mainstream.

... & 2) sad people on the internet who have cottoned onto 'hipster' hate in the same way a bandwagon formed around hating emo kids several years ago. there is no ideology or reasoning here, like the regular joe hating the hipster for his unconventionality/beyond the pale conspicuousness/artifice. these people just hate whatever prevailing social fashion/custom is in the limelight, as a form of psychological 'casting aspersions'. these people are normally way below the level of functionality and social savvy of the 'regular joe', and instead use the hipster (or emo, or whatever the current on-trend scapegoat is) as a locus to offload their negativity and bile. in this sense, the free and liberal use of the term 'hipster' as an intended-insult is somewhat of a misnomer; it conceals a hateful and dishonest ideology constructed basically on wishful thinking.

based on your frequent use of the term here, and based on the contextual information you have provided - still lives at home, despite being fully into a career and in middle-age; attends cosplay conventions completely unironically; thinks lady gaga concerts are tres tres cool - which of the two aforementioned groups do you think you fall into? hmm.
lol shut up you hipster. 2 paragraphs defending hipsters? jesus.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5591

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Vegas in 7 hours. Can't wait
Keep us updated.
It was good. Came back with more than I left with. A stripper won her and me a bunch of money in video poker then shoved her titties in my face. My friend who couldn't make it out sent a nice bottle of scotch to our room.

Got vag?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6158|what

Brasso wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

thats some white people sushi right there/ still, looks good.
ya i'm not the best when it comes to making it, but i'm pretty good at eating it
Making it in the rice fields, or?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6637|949

Macbeth wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Keep us updated.

Got vag?
Nope. I am two for two so far this year with march just starting and a date already set up for this weekend (going to balboa park to check out some exhibits with this really cute and smart mexican chick).

On the flip side the one chick from earlier in this thread won't talk to me anymore and the other chick told me we can't hang out because my dick is like a drug and she has to focus on school. You win some, you lose some.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5364|London, England

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Jay wrote:

Brother scheduled to fly out of Venezuela the day Chavez dies, and made it home safely. Yay!
you say that as if chavez dying implies a certain level of danger. how is a country in mourning meant to be dangerous? are you that suspicious of lefties in america? dictator dies --> chaos!!!!
The country is violent as all hell and kidnapping people for ransom is rampant. It's not a nice place to visit on a Tuesday, so you would expect it to be an even less nice place on the day Glorious Leader dies.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
13/f/taiwan
+940|5704
jay stop demonizing venezuela and talking nonsensical bullshit. did the us spiral out of control when kennedy was assassinated?  venezuela is not iraq or mexico. you do realize chavez was the most elected leader on this planet? get off your high horse.

"As a matter of fact, of the 92 elections that we've monitored, I would say that the election process in Venezuela is the best in the world."

-jimmy carter

Last edited by 13/f/taiwan (2013-03-06 13:12:41)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5364|London, England

13/f/taiwan wrote:

jay stop demonizing venezuela and talking nonsensical bullshit. did the us spiral out of control when kennedy was assassinated?  venezuela is not iraq or mexico. you do realize chavez was the most elected leader on this planet? get off your high horse.

"As a matter of fact, of the 92 elections that we've monitored, I would say that the election process in Venezuela is the best in the world."

-jimmy carter
That's nice. When the opposition is allotted 5 minutes a day on television compared to unlimited air time for the ruling party, you can really call it a free and fair election...

Last edited by Jay (2013-03-06 13:31:36)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5591

You shouldn't even put Mexico and Iraq in the same sentence. Latin America is a fairly well developed place. The region is second only to Japan in terms of non American and European quality of life.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4260

Roc18 wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

lol? Really?

I was thinking

"lol" indeed.....

lol shut up you hipster. 2 paragraphs defending hipsters? jesus.
this thing with you finding anything longer than a few lines 'long' and somehow equatable to 'labour' sure is funny, isn't it? it only signposts you with a glowing sign: FUCKING RETARDED CHIMP.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6628|Little Bentcock
chimps are awesome until they rip your face off. Better than a guard dog I reckon.
baggs
+732|6210
Three, well four technically, awesome days in Fernie, BC with good friends from the UK who have been kind enough to take the time to visit, great weather, amazing snow! Also, we were supposed to rent a minivan type vehicle from Enterprise only to find on Saturday morning they had sold out! Only to be replaced with a brand new Ram 1500, awesome

Last edited by baggs (2013-03-06 18:14:29)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6111|eXtreme to the maX

Uzique The Hipster wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

lol.
lol? Really?

I was thinking

"lol" indeed.....

Thats nice but what does this have to do with hipsters?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4260
i would say you more than anyone else here uses the term 'hipster' to denigrate things you dislike/disapprove of on this forum. it's part of that internet psychology that saw everyone bandwagon hating 'emos' several years ago. what i'm saying is that you seem to fit a stereotype of a nerdy, live-at-home, socially awkward person. very neatly. the 'hipster' thing is just a popular culture manifestation of a certain sort of person's insecurity (defined above). it's quite simple.
LittleBitchy
I hope Hell has wi-fi.
+150|5465|Yeah, there :)
My job is yaaaay
I'm there for...forever....i hope yay
These 6 months periods for which i got my contracts before were killing me so this contract for indefinite period of time is just..GREAT!

Last edited by LittleBitchy (2013-03-07 13:15:42)

Fall seven times. Stand up eight.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6637|949

Still a sporting goods store? Does .sup work with you? He used to work at a sporting goods store too.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6197|Roma
what do you do?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

i would say you more than anyone else here uses the term 'hipster' to denigrate things you dislike/disapprove of on this forum. it's part of that internet psychology that saw everyone bandwagon hating 'emos' several years ago. what i'm saying is that you seem to fit a stereotype of a nerdy, live-at-home, socially awkward person. very neatly. the 'hipster' thing is just a popular culture manifestation of a certain sort of person's insecurity (defined above). it's quite simple.
But everyone hates emos.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6628|Little Bentcock
and hipsters
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
and nerds

I guess Uzique has been on that bandwagon so long he thinks its the whole universe
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4260
what bandwagon are you referring to? i've never hated on those 'groups'. even at the time when emo was go-to second hand insult, i was saying it is stupid. that whole mentality to me just reveals a class of internet user who cling to cliché targets for a sense of superiority and relief.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard