13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6497

you'd be better off, where you live, buying a used 2-door white ford bronco and driving it sloooowly down the freeway.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6191|Roma
what a piece of shit. isn't this more a FWP?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5179|Sydney

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Think I'm getting this sometime before next Sunday. I'm still trying to figure out a few financial things with the DMV and insurance before I get it.

Good luck trying to afford the cost to actually run something like that. Seriously bad idea. Do you know how much petrol that thing will use?
Brasso
+1,549|6630

Jaekus wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Think I'm getting this sometime before next Sunday. I'm still trying to figure out a few financial things with the DMV and insurance before I get it.

Good luck trying to afford the cost to actually run something like that. Seriously bad idea. Do you know how much petrol that thing will use?
none, it uses gasoline LOL
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6312

at least $100/fill up
Jaekus
+957|5179|Sydney

Brasso wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

none, it uses gasoline LOL
Yeah well the point remains that someone who has said for months can not afford to spend a few thousand on a car - and is sorting finance from what I presume is a loan - is somehow going to afford the gas to run it. And considering apparently in his area you can't get around via public transport, that implies more driving than what is typical. What's the MPG on that thing anyway?
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6717|Riva, MD
90s Suburbans get like 16 on average, 18 at the very best so an older one like that is probably looking at 12 or 13 MPG unless it's a diesel model and I'm not sure if that would even help.  According to wiki, the smallest engine that generation ever came with was a little tiny gas-sipping 5.7 liter V8, lmao.  Also had options for a 6.6 and a 7.4 V8 as well.  And Brazil exclusively had a 4.1 liter inline 6-cylinder model, wtf

If it's from the 70s, it'll probably come with a weirdass 3-on-the-tree manual transmission too

Last edited by _j5689_ (2012-09-30 22:03:09)

Reciprocity
+721|6581|the dank(super) side of Oregon
looks like an 88-91 suburban.  might have gotten 16mpg in it's prime but he'd be lucky to get maybe 11 or 13 depending on the tires.  And that's if it's a 350.  a 454 will be around 7-9mpg if you're gentle.  most of those old big block motherfuckers had 3 speed autos.

they're old pieces of shit.

Last edited by Reciprocity (2012-09-30 22:46:15)

_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6717|Riva, MD
Makes me glad I only have a 4.6 V8 paired to a full-size sedan, lol though for the longest time I also wanted a Suburban, the people who used to babysit me when I was little had one just like that that was really spacious and cozy and I always loved the way the 90s one looked.

I just watched some 0-60 videos for previous generation 01-07 Suburbans with the 8.1 and those things haul ass, 0-60 in 8.5 seconds is crazy for a truck of that size.  Somebody said they only get 6 or 7 MPG out of it though.  Still big engines are fucking awesome for what they can do.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5474|Ventura, California
Like I said I'm thinking about getting it and checking my finances. Right now, working only part-time like 3 days a week I'm getting $400. So at least $100 for monthly insurance as a 19 year old male (high insurance costs at that age and gender) and then that leaves me ~$200 for gas and $100 for extra food. Doesn't sound too good. I could really use a car though, if I had my own I could get a better part-time job or more hours at my current one.

I'd honestly rather have a Honda Civic or something equivalent to that but I can't seem to find anything. My friend says he's going to sell the truck to somebody else in a week if I don't give him and answer.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Jaekus
+957|5179|Sydney
Tell him no and save your money. Just because he's selling it cheap does not make it cheap. A one off payment of something that costs more is a much easier burden to bear than something that is going to bleed your finances dry for the period you own the car.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5474|Ventura, California
True

So what kind of vehicles are gas efficient and run forever like a Honda Civic? I'm checking craiglist. I need reliable and fuel efficient.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Jaekus
+957|5179|Sydney
Usually Japanese made vehicles. Or at least, they're the ones I have experience with as they're cheaper here than european cars.

Mitsubishi, Toyota etc. Do some research on makes and models and get informed. Just remember as first car and on your income you're just after cheap and reliable. Worry about a 'cool' car when you have a couple years driving experience and the income to support it.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Like I said I'm thinking about getting it and checking my finances. Right now, working only part-time like 3 days a week I'm getting $400. So at least $100 for monthly insurance as a 19 year old male (high insurance costs at that age and gender) and then that leaves me ~$200 for gas and $100 for extra food. Doesn't sound too good. I could really use a car though, if I had my own I could get a better part-time job or more hours at my current one.

I'd honestly rather have a Honda Civic or something equivalent to that but I can't seem to find anything. My friend says he's going to sell the truck to somebody else in a week if I don't give him and answer.
you get 400 a week or a month? if it's a month i make the same as you. except i work 5 hours once a week LOL
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Jaekus
+957|5179|Sydney
I made $450 last night. Gotta love Sunday rates going into a public holiday
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6742|FUCK UBISOFT

Jaekus confirmed for shitty male prostitute
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6742|FUCK UBISOFT

also honda civics are awesome I strongly recommend
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

Jaekus wrote:

If you worked today you get double pay again!
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6742|FUCK UBISOFT

what the fuck is wrong with you aussies you can't just change the day of the queen's birthday that has a set date
Jaekus
+957|5179|Sydney

Cybargs wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

If you worked today you get double pay again!
Yeah I was the day staff this morning was going to call in sick, she instead turned up sick anyway. Another eight hours = $$$
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX

-Sh1fty- wrote:

True

So what kind of vehicles are gas efficient and run forever like a Honda Civic? I'm checking craiglist. I need reliable and fuel efficient.
Any small-medium Toyota or Honda made in the last ~10 years should be fine for you, its not as if they're difficult to find.......

The piece of crap in your picture you shouldn't take if were free. Your 'friend' should pay you to take it off his hands.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6191|Roma
Or anything european with a normal sensible sized engine.

If we're gloating... I too like making my months rent in 1 day
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Jaekus
+957|5179|Sydney
Well gloating aside, at Shifty's age my first job was a traineeship at $5.50 an hour, 40 hours a week. I'd make $400 a fortnight clear. No way I would conceive buying a car as expensive as that to run on that wage... in fact I didn't own a car till a couple years later. '83 Datsun Bluebird

Last edited by Jaekus (2012-10-01 04:54:56)

Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6739|Toronto | Canada

how old is shifty? like 17-18? at that age i was working for a downtown tech company in the summer making around $15 an hour, 40 hours a week
Brasso
+1,549|6630

well it isn't summer is it?

shifty you have shitty friends
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard