SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3710
I found a bunch of special edition Magic the Gathering cards I didn't know I had in my box of Magic the Gathering things. 27 Hour of Devastation Full Art Lands. Very pleased.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5348|London, England
I just sold a side project that is equal to 1/3 of my current annual income. Holy shit!
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3442
your asshole still fetches those sort of rates down at the firestation? i thought them fellers would fancy a tighter inner tube
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
nah, some of them have that eggplant
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6622|949

Jay wrote:

I just sold a side project that is equal to 1/3 of my current annual income. Holy shit!
Hey, good for you!
uziq
+492|3442
what're you going to treat yourself to, jay?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
A vacation
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3442
come to bristol! you can get ur ass kicked
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Maybe, maybe... want to cruise Norwegian fjords and check out where my family came from in Sweden and Germany. I'd like to see the northern lights in iceland too
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3710
Cruises are disease factories. You should read " a supposedly fun thing I will never do again".
uziq
+492|3442

Jay wrote:

Maybe, maybe... want to cruise Norwegian fjords and check out where my family came from in Sweden and Germany. I'd like to see the northern lights in iceland too
my grandparents recently did a fjord cruise. it is for old people.

scandinavia would be a lot better in a rent-a-car. do the iceland ring-road. do the norwegian coast.

macbeth that's actually one of the rare DFW things that hasn't aged terribly badly.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3710

uziq wrote:

Jay wrote:

scandinavia would be a lot better in a rent-a-car. do the iceland ring-road. do the norwegian coast.

macbeth that's actually one of the rare DFW things that hasn't aged terribly badly.
I like Consider the Lobster, Authority and American Usage, and This is Water. A lot of his other stuff seems more pretentious as I get older including Infinite Jest. The drug stuff doesn't resonate with me anymore.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

Jay wrote:

Fair enough
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3442

SuperJail Warden wrote:

uziq wrote:

Jay wrote:

I like Consider the Lobster, Authority and American Usage, and This is Water. A lot of his other stuff seems more pretentious as I get older including Infinite Jest. The drug stuff doesn't resonate with me anymore.
this is water is the worst. it's sentimental mush and the core of the message is basically re-heated boethius or marcus aurelius or whatever. at least confederacy of dunces made that shit funny and satirical. DFW comes across like a millennial preacher.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6096|eXtreme to the maX

Jay wrote:

Congrats, honestly cruises are for old people.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3710
Does anyone here send a lot of Gmail emails? If you do you have probably seen Gmail's predictive text system. It's amazing that the computer system knows what I am trying to say or want to say before I do. I just sent an email right now and I didn't have a title until I was finished writing it. Gmail gave me a perfect title as soon as I clicked the space to write one in. Really amazing stuff.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6762|PNW

What does it do with trump tweets?
Larssen
+99|1878
you can travel most of europe by car and/or public transport. Iceland / Scandinavia and Germany are 3 separate vacations worth' of visits. If you're into nature and sightseeing I recommend norway/sweden as a first stop. Especially norway. Beautiful country.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3710
Unless you have family ties to Scandinavia, I don't know why you would want to go see nature there when you have Alaska to visit instead. And if you are interested in seeing Germanic culture, Eastern Germany alone is equal to the entirety of Scandinavia.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Unless you have family ties to Scandinavia, I don't know why you would want to go see nature there when you have Alaska to visit instead. And if you are interested in seeing Germanic culture, Eastern Germany alone is equal to the entirety of Scandinavia.
I'm not gonna take travel advice from the guy that asked why he should ever leave Bayonne, New Jersey to see the world when he can just watch TV shows.
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3710

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I'm not gonna take travel advice from the guy that asked why he should ever leave Bayonne, New Jersey to see the world when he can just watch TV shows.
I hate traveling and don't care for people anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Germanic people in Eastern Germany alone is more than the total population of humans in Denmark, Sweden, Norway and I will even throw in Finland. Put together the great cities of Scandinavia (Copenhagen, Stockholm, and Oslo) and you still have less people than Berlin. There are probably more things to see in Berlin than any of those three countries.
uziq
+492|3442
their cultures are not similar. stop lecturing people on subjects you know nothing about.

jay would hate berlin. it's the artiest, most decadent, most immigrant-mixing city in pretty much all of europe. you can do the ww2 stuff and the gate in about 2 hours.
Larssen
+99|1878
what the fuck macbeth
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3710
I can't think of anything I would want to see in Scandinavia.
uziq
+492|3442
imagine thinking copenhagen and berlin are interchangeable.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard