Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5351|London, England

DesertFox- wrote:

This was like the 4th item down on my FB feed this morning. What witchcraft you pullin', Jay?
lol
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6765|PNW

And this was marketed towards like half the people here.

Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5171|Sydney

Dilbert_X wrote:

I'm fucked if I'm buying a Jeep.
'atta boy
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6625|949

I just booked a flight to Chicago for $230 round trip.  It cost me almost double that back in August.  I'm chuffed
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6677|United States of America
What fer?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6099|eXtreme to the maX

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I just booked a flight to Chicago for $230 round trip.  It cost me almost double that back in August.  I'm chuffed
Yes but Chicago
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6735|London

I thought Chicago was awesome, there's so many great buildings and the people are way nicer than in NYC

I like the midwest in general because it seems like they get less tourists so people are extra impressed with me being English
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
do you talk like Harry Potter?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3445
he talks like a guy who has tried to stuff as many cocks in his mouth as possible
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6625|949

Dauntless wrote:

I thought Chicago was awesome, there's so many great buildings and the people are way nicer than in NYC

I like the midwest in general because it seems like they get less tourists so people are extra impressed with me being English
did you do the architecture tour like I told you to?

Chicago is an awesome big city.  Sure, anything south of the Magical Mile is garbage, but it's simple to avoid.  I loved it there.  It's kind of a funny mix of people - it's essentially the city all the fat midwestern fucks strive to live in, so you have a healthy dose of midwestern jock douches.  Fun stuff.

Plus they have some really awesome buildings.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6625|949

DesertFox- wrote:

What fer?
NCAA Frozen Four.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6735|London

SuperJail Warden wrote:

do you talk like Harry Potter?
Nah not like harry but sometimes it helps to English it up a bit dunnit

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

did you do the architecture tour like I told you to?
yeah i did. It was amazing - thanks for the recommendation mate
DesertFox-
And he didn't even meet a fellow Nick for drinks. For shame.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6735|London

you live in chicago?

have you been to that bar in the john hancock centre? that place was cool
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6625|949

Didn't I tell you about that too? That it wasn't worth paying to go up to the top when you could just buy a drink at the bar on like the 89th floor...
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
I almost got a chance to eat at Windows on the World when I was 10. Good call by my parents to "come back to it another time".
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6625|949

I ate at a revolving rooftop restaurant in Vancouver last March.  Was nothing special but the views were cool
Jaekus
+957|5171|Sydney
In my last relationship I took my then girlfriend to revolving restaurant at Centrepoint Tower in Sydney for Valentine's Day. Food was really expensive for the quality but the service was decent and the views (which of course what you're really paying for) were awesome.

(not my pic but you get the idea)
https://orig03.deviantart.net/4827/f/2012/058/0/8/sydney_tower_panorama_by_lifeofageek-d4r7z9m.jpg
uziq
+492|3445
there's one of those 'eat overpriced food with a view of the City' in london next to the gherkin. i must see about 5 photos a week of some asshole eating with a leering grin on their face because they're wowed by the spectacle. i'll take a street-level restaurant in a quiet side street of paris, thanks.
Jaekus
+957|5171|Sydney
Sushisamba? I went there for a beer and the view. The beer was 7 quid.
Jaekus
+957|5171|Sydney
And yeah, I agree. Though it was just one of those things I wanted to do, and now I've done it, I don't need to do it again.
uziq
+492|3445

Jaekus wrote:

to be fair it is ideal for tourists. no idea why people who live and work in london get a thrill out of places like that, though. i think they like to pretend they're part of the banking 1%. 'spectacle' restaurants are mostly stupid. never understood the urge to mix gustatory pleasure and fine dining with a themepark ride.
DesertFox-
On that note, I begin to look if any revolving restaurants are real or The Simpsons invented it.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6099|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

to be fair it is ideal for tourists. no idea why people who live and work in london get a thrill out of places like that, though. i think they like to pretend they're part of the banking 1%. 'spectacle' restaurants are mostly stupid. never understood the urge to mix gustatory pleasure and fine dining with a themepark ride.
I bet people take snacks on the London eye - no-one expects it to be a gastronomic marvel.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jaekus
+957|5171|Sydney

uziq wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

I did read some comments online about being refused entry for wrong shoes/cut of your jib/etc. but had no probs on a Friday arvo, and as a tourist it was pretty cool to see London from up high whilst sipping on the most expensive Asahi I've bought in my life. It did seem like the sort of place people-with-not-quite-enough-money-go-to-hopefully-feel-they're-rubbing-shoulders-with-those-who-do go to, though.

Last edited by Jaekus (2017-01-14 21:32:07)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard