Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6690|Tampa Bay Florida
I really don't understand how some of you guys can call BF3 "Bad company 3".  BF3 was a console friendly, CoD style BF that was unlike any other BF that had come before, in terms of shittiness.  Bad Company 1/2 was actually a pretty good console conversion of the Battlefield style/game play.  I for one would LOVE to see a Bad Company 3.  I can say with confidence it'd be better than BF3.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254
bad company 2 felt like i was walking in treacle with rubber-bands tied around both my feet. all the guns were the same. point+click. none of the maps were that iconic or well laid out. it was average. it was dreck. it 'made do' for about 3 months. the movement had no finesse to it, the shooting had no skillcurve. i really don't understand why it stands out so much for you. it wasn't a 'middle' ground between console and pc - it was just made at a time when console versions of battlefield games weren't that good. they got better at it.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
That's my point, precisely that they didn't get better at it.  BF3 was utter shite compared to Bad Co. 2 on the console.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254
nah i think bc2 was just made with more constraints. bf3 was the blockbuster.
thepilot91
+64|6236|Åland!
bf2MC for consoles and bf2 for pc, 2 entierly different games it was brilliant!...make BC console exclusive and give us a fucking BF game!
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
I have to agree with you there, I'd much rather prefer it if they kept the core BF series as a multiplayer-PC only series and kept Bad Company as a console exclusive on the side.  Everybody wins, best of both worlds, and they'd also probably make a lot more money, too.  You can't hit two birds with one stone.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5999|Vortex Ring State
http://www.pcgamesn.com/battlefield/bat … ed-esports

bahahaha

DICE what are you doing

He said that eSports isn't a walk in the park, either. "It's not as easy as some game developers like to think," he told his interviewer, adding that "It's been around for a long time; it's just recently that it's really starting to take off... which is amazingly cool, by the way."

Last edited by Trotskygrad (2013-04-03 07:30:04)

Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254
translation: it's just recently that major corporate money is starting to pour in and corporatize/professionalize a hobbyist scene.

what he doesn't mention is that almost all of the major esports successes are propped up by gamedev/publisher money. yeah, that's a really independent scene.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
You gotta wonder sometimes, do they ever bother to read the comments sections of these news sites?  EA is widely, almost universally regarded as a joke of a company.  Hell it was voted worst company in the world.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254

Spearhead wrote:

Hell it was voted worst company in the world.
by a poll answered by a majority of gamers
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

bad company 2 felt like i was walking in treacle with rubber-bands tied around both my feet. all the guns were the same. point+click. none of the maps were that iconic or well laid out. it was average. it was dreck. it 'made do' for about 3 months. the movement had no finesse to it, the shooting had no skillcurve. i really don't understand why it stands out so much for you. it wasn't a 'middle' ground between console and pc - it was just made at a time when console versions of battlefield games weren't that good. they got better at it.
It is because you were playing it on the PC. On the PS3 it was better than BF3 since BC2 was a console game that got ported to the PC while BF3 was the other way around. In BF3 many of the maps are too big for 12 v 12.
jsnipy
+3,276|6522|...

but will it have hats?
thepilot91
+64|6236|Åland!

Trotskygrad wrote:

http://www.pcgamesn.com/battlefield/battlefield-4-developer-dice-interested-esports

bahahaha

DICE what are you doing

He said that eSports isn't a walk in the park, either. "It's not as easy as some game developers like to think," he told his interviewer, adding that "It's been around for a long time; it's just recently that it's really starting to take off... which is amazingly cool, by the way."
hillarious moneyspewing retards
jsnipy
+3,276|6522|...

confused, he's talking about eSports, like a gaming league? or something else?
Trotskygrad
бля

jsnipy wrote:

yea as in competitive gaming.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254

Trotskygrad wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

yea as in competitive gaming.
as in, something that has existed with pro-teams and large prize-giving events for about 15 years.
jsnipy
+3,276|6522|...

though it was esl, this line threw me: "It's not as easy as some game developers like to think,"
As if it were some sort of feature
Trotskygrad
бля

jsnipy wrote:

though it was esl, this line threw me: "It's not as easy as some game developers like to think,"
well there are features that have to be implemented for a game to be competitively viable, replays, spectator mode etc.

Not really hard to code, tho.
jsnipy
+3,276|6522|...

Trotskygrad wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

well there are features that have to be implemented for a game to be competitively viable, replays, spectator mode etc.

it's not as easy as some developers think
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6324|Graz, Austria

Trotskygrad wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

Features that already existed in BF2, but where erased from BC2 and BF3.
Trotskygrad
бля

globefish23 wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

Features that already existed in BF2, but where erased from BC2 and BF3.
for more advanced stat tracking and unlocks

good to know where their priorities are

funnily enough cod implemented a replayish system on consoles that's rather popular...

Last edited by Trotskygrad (2013-04-04 13:47:06)

Roc18
`
+655|5791|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
If they're gonna tailor these games for consoles now they should at least make it 4 player split screen capable. I want to play BF3 with my friends in one room on the same screen.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254
the latest generation of consoles don't give a fuck about split-screen social gaming. not unless its with kinect/wii remote type gimmicks, anyway. they envision a future where everyone goes home to their own homes and plays with their friends over the internet, using headsets and micro-transaction rich xbox live games. if you can get 4 people to buy an individual xbox and a game each, you've made a lot more than a group crowding around rich timmy's house on his 1...
Trotskygrad
бля

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

the latest generation of consoles don't give a fuck about split-screen social gaming. not unless its with kinect/wii remote type gimmicks, anyway. they envision a future where everyone goes home to their own homes and plays with their friends over the internet, using headsets and micro-transaction rich xbox live games. if you can get 4 people to buy an individual xbox and a game each, you've made a lot more than a group crowding around rich timmy's house on his 1...
applies to DLC sales as well, ofc

peer pressureee
Roc18
`
+655|5791|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Yeah it sucks, needing a TV and an Xbox 360 for each player. Halo and COD do it easily but not BF or BC. It's always about money with EA

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard