unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6775|PNW

It's an exaggeration to help illustrate the absurdity of your argument. You ask us what weapons we would want to ban? We ask you what the limit should be to what we can own. So tell me, o great patriot: why can't I have a functional SAM launcher in my back yard in case of tyranny? It would help a lot more than an assault rifle or even five Rugers, and I shouldn't even have to go through a background check for it. And which one of your numerous "Marine buddies" do I have to contact to get a pair of miniguns installed in my '87 Ramcharger?

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Nope

Airports are privately owned, as are the jets. The owner of the establishment and air vehicles is allowed to restrict whatever he so chooses from his property.
Yes but if he can restrict guns, he can restrict religion, gender, free speech and all the rest! Better get your assault rifle.

-Sh1fty- wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

If you want to debate like a child I won't respond. Let me know when you have a serious response.
"I want it and that's a good enough reason!"
Now you're the one being stupid. This is the correct quote, "I want it, and my Constitution says I can own one."

Why do you want to control guns?
How is that? You called someone else childish, but your own underlying argument seems to be "I want it so I should get it."
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6720

Adams_BJ wrote:

Can you, as an every day citizen, openly carry a loaded weapon of any variety into a domestic airport?
You can. and then proceed to get butt raped by the TSA xD
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5477|Ventura, California
Here is a very good article. I am way too optimistic about any of you possibly reading it. You're all such die-hard "Gun owners are rednecks" activists that I doubt you'll take the time to read it but here it is anyway.

Forbes Magazine - Disarming the myths promoted by the gun control lobby.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

It's an exaggeration to help illustrate the absurdity of your argument. You ask us what weapons we would want to ban? We ask you what the limit should be to what we can own. So tell me, o great patriot: why can't I have a functional SAM launcher in my back yard in case of tyranny? It would help a lot more than an assault rifle or even five Rugers, and I shouldn't even have to go through a background check for it. And which one of your numerous "Marine buddies" do I have to contact to get a pair of miniguns installed in my '87 Ramcharger?

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Nope

Airports are privately owned, as are the jets. The owner of the establishment and air vehicles is allowed to restrict whatever he so chooses from his property.
Yes but if he can restrict guns, he can restrict religion, gender, free speech and all the rest! Better get your assault rifle.
It is his establishment and if he wants to restrict religion, gender, free speech, etc. on his property it is his right (if I understood law correctly) since he owns it.

You tell me what's more unreasonable UN13, me wanting an assault rifle or you wanting a fully functional SAM?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6775|PNW

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I don't "want" to control guns so much as I want paranoid ignorants such as yourself to either willingly educate yourselves or to fade into obscurity.

-Sh1fty- wrote:

It is his establishment and if he wants to restrict religion, gender, free speech, etc. on his property it is his right (if I understood law correctly) since he owns it. 1

You tell me what's more unreasonable UN13, me wanting an assault rifle or you wanting a fully functional SAM? 2
1: OK, I now own an airport. All passengers entering or leaving my facilities must sacrifice their firstborn to Baphomet. Also, fingers are prohibited.
2: Please tell me you didn't overlook the fact that I was once more pointing out absurdity through exaggeration.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6626|Little Bentcock
What about an international terminal, can I carry one there?
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I don't "want" to control guns so much as I want paranoid ignorants such as yourself to either willingly educate yourselves or to fade into obscurity.

-Sh1fty- wrote:

It is his establishment and if he wants to restrict religion, gender, free speech, etc. on his property it is his right (if I understood law correctly) since he owns it. 1

You tell me what's more unreasonable UN13, me wanting an assault rifle or you wanting a fully functional SAM? 2
1: OK, I now own an airport. All passengers entering or leaving my facilities must sacrifice their firstborn to Baphomet. Also, fingers are prohibited.
2: Please tell me you didn't overlook the fact that I was once more pointing out absurdity through exaggeration.
I'm not paranoid. I don't expect to ever have to use my weapons against the government. The mere fact that we have our weapons is a deterrent.

1) I am not familiar with how laws work with privately owned property. Somebody who is more familiar with U.S. laws can provide you with that information.

2) It wasn't absurd, your exaggeration was absurd. There's nothing wrong with wanting a firearm as it is legal to own one via the Constitution. You're the fool talking about mobile AA, tanks, neurotoxins, etc.

So if you don't want to control guns, where's the problem?

Last edited by -Sh1fty- (2013-01-28 22:59:45)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6775|PNW

0) Take cover, Marines! He's from the internet and he learned his shooting form from web forums!
1) Providing examples you don't at least understand within reason isn't usually the best course of action.
2) Yes, an absurd exaggeration of an absurd ideal.

"right to bear arms"

arm n
1. A weapon, especially a firearm: troops bearing arms; ICBMs, bombs, and other nuclear arms.
While the definition emphasizes firearms, it does not exclude other weapons. Things like bombs are already regulated (obviously), so if you don't have a problem with that, the liberal foot is already in the door to regulate other weapons as well.

So if you don't want to control guns, where's the problem?
My problem are the "reasons" people provide for wanting to hoard specific kinds of weapons. "Because I want it." "Because it's cool." "Because the gumment gunna try an' take em away." I haven't seen a one of them that was backed by sound logic and some of them have made me want to back away slowly with my hands slightly raised. Statements like "I hope I get to kill someone before I die" and "I hope there's a civil war and they try to take my guns away; I'll take them down with me!" Really? Wishing for strife? Bleh. These are some of the people who shouldn't own weapons at all.

I didn't say I was against gun control; I said I was more against the stereotypical wingnuts who frequently oppose it with the same recycled arguments. As for gun control, I don't fall into the "ban scary weapons because they look scary" crowd, but placing restrictions an certain characteristics make sense to me. Automatics? No-brainer. Ridiculously-high magazine capacity? Check. Certain ammunition types (incendiary, flechette, etc.)? Certainly. Harsher scrutiny in background checks? Absolutely. While there's no such thing as a leak-proof net (black markets, etc.), I think profiles shouldn't just be checked for the person buying a gun, but for the people he or she live with. Proper etiquette, maintenance and use training should be mandatory so gun owners don't have to post pictures of themselves posing with guns to get advice on proper stances, and will be less likely to shoot themselves or a loved one because of their own dumb recklessness. I also think that gun safe registration should be criteria for any successful background check.

Since an assault rifle isn't going to defend you against oppressive martial law under a corrupt tyrant by any stretch of the imagination, the bottomline comes down to: "what do you really need to defend yourself, target practice or hunt with?"
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5182|Sydney

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Here is a very good article. I am way too optimistic about any of you possibly reading it. You're all such die-hard "Gun owners are rednecks" activists that I doubt you'll take the time to read it but here it is anyway.

Your article has no mention whatsoever about assault rifles, which is the thing that has been brought up here numerous times. Your answer to that is "because it's fun and in the constitution and TYRANNY so FUCK YOU".

You fail to comprehend the discussion at hand. No one is saying "ban all guns" like you are passionately proclaiming. The question is: at what point does gun ownership become superfluous, ie. why do you need an assault rifle?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6775|PNW

^ but murrica f*ck u i do wat i want!
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

Jaekus wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Your article has no mention whatsoever about assault rifles, which is the thing that has been brought up here numerous times. Your answer to that is "because it's fun and in the constitution and TYRANNY so FUCK YOU".

You fail to comprehend the discussion at hand. No one is saying "ban all guns" like you are passionately proclaiming. The question is: at what point does gun ownership become superfluous, ie. why do you need an assault rifle?
Why should it be superfluous? Imagine something you don't consider a problem, it can be anything at all; now imagine somebody wants to make it harder for you to get/eventually ban you from owning said thing. How would you react? I am pissed off because IIRC it is illegal to purchase an assault rifle in California. So yes, they are being banned even if you aren't saying they are.

I'm saying I want to own an assault rifle, my reason doesn't matter; you're saying I don't need one but that isn't up for you or the government to decide. I'm trying to understand why people advocate gun control when there isn't a need for it.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
You don't just take away somebody's weapons because you don't want them to own one. You don't take away somebody's weapons because you think they don't need them.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6775|PNW

...and?...but?

Anyway, at some point your "I need them cuz TYRANNY" went to "FUCK OFF I want them cuz I want them." It's impossible to keep up.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6778|Noizyland

Shifty you need to draw the distinction between regulating a weapon and taking away a weapon. They're not the same thing.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Neither of them are necessary. As far as I'm concerned any U.S. citizen that is not mentally unstable/ill should be able to purchase anything from a .22 single action revolver to a .50 cal M2

That is currently the situation in quite a few states. Has anybody even seen Feinstein's weapon ban she's puting forward? You pretty much can't own any rifle except an M1 Garand, a mini 14, or a hunting rifle; you can't own a handgun that holds more than 10 rounds.

I am not the insane person here. I am the person advocating freedom to bear ANY firearm with just a damn background check to make sure you're not mentally ill, belong to a hate group, or have any history of violent crime.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6110|eXtreme to the maX

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Which guns should we restrict?
Its simple really. All of them.

You want a 22 rifle? Pretty easy, you want a pistol? a little harder, you want a semi auto? Harder again.

Every step up you go, another layer of requirements. You can say "well thats just amking it harder for the every day law abiding american!" Yeah? Well so what? Stop being lazy. you want it then you can get it, provided you are eligible
How would you determine who is eligible, and why does it need to be harder for me to get a .223 AR15 over a .22 rifle? They're both semiautomatic weapons with 5 to 30 round magazines depending on the magazine you put in it. I can still kill somebody with a .22 just as easily as an AR-15.
You think a .22 and a 5.56 NATO are just as dangerous or lethal?

Well damn, all the Armies of the world are wrong and should re-equip themselves with .22s.
Neither of them are necessary. As far as I'm concerned any U.S. citizen that is not mentally unstable/ill should be able to purchase anything from a .22 single action revolver to a .50 cal M2
Of course, there's hardly any difference in lethality or firepower between

https://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/11554/11872002_1.jpg?v=8CEBDD4E2084D90

and

https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ground/images/m-2-50cal-dvic552.jpg

If you really think every 18 year old fresh out of homeschool should be able to buy the latter then you're dumber than I thought, which was already very dumb.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6720
you have to include the fact that most people can't afford to shoot nor purchase a ma duece.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

Cybargs wrote:

you have to include the fact that most people can't afford to shoot nor purchase a ma duece.
Exactly my point. It costs like 50k to get a fully automatic weapon here in the US. Most of my friends have cheap shotguns or a 22.

Nah Dilbert I don't think a .22 and a .223 are the same but I could kill somebody easily with either of them.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
M2s are $50k because they're restricted, there's no reason why they should cost more than ~$2k, the price of a nice .22 pistol.

.50s and.223s are more dangerous and more lethal than .22lr. Shut up now.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5182|Sydney

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Why should it be superfluous? Imagine something you don't consider a problem, it can be anything at all; now imagine somebody wants to make it harder for you to get/eventually ban you from owning said thing. How would you react? I am pissed off because IIRC it is illegal to purchase an assault rifle in California. So yes, they are being banned even if you aren't saying they are.

I'm saying I want to own an assault rifle, my reason doesn't matter; you're saying I don't need one but that isn't up for you or the government to decide. I'm trying to understand why people advocate gun control when there isn't a need for it.
This argument is more suited to pro-choice and gay marriage than it is gun control. Do you support the rights of pregnant women and love between homosexual couples?

I have no qualms with a mature, experienced person handling an AR-15. But for someone who can't even legally buy beer? lol, no. Even then I still haven't seen any argument that supports the need to own one. Handguns? Discreet self-defence. Shotguns? Home defence. Hunting rifles? Obvious. Assault rifles? Because they're fun... lol. Go to a shooting range.

Also, saying there isn't a need for gun control is just silly. You're seeing it in this simple, idealistic world where everything is black and white rather than along a continuum.

Last edited by Jaekus (2013-01-29 01:05:35)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I want to own a truck-full of C4 surrounded by packets of ball-bearings.

Explain why I can't have one considering why I want one is none of your business and you're wrong.

Also, how do I go about talking to girls? I hear they*re fun n shit.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2013-01-29 01:25:24)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6720

Dilbert_X wrote:

M2s are $50k because they're restricted, there's no reason why they should cost more than ~$2k, the price of a nice .22 pistol.

.50s and.223s are more dangerous and more lethal than .22lr. Shut up now.
.22 for 2k? wtf

If you want to get rid of gun violence, target the cheap guns throwaways like hi-points
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
The govt is never going to give a crap about low-level gun crime.

Middle class kids getting blown away in a group - yes.

Poor kids getting picked off one by one - fucks given - 0
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

Jaekus wrote:

This argument is more suited to pro-choice and gay marriage than it is gun control. Do you support the rights of pregnant women and love between homosexual couples?

I have no qualms with a mature, experienced person handling an AR-15. But for someone who can't even legally buy beer? lol, no. Even then I still haven't seen any argument that supports the need to own one. Handguns? Discreet self-defence. Shotguns? Home defence. Hunting rifles? Obvious. Assault rifles? Because they're fun... lol. Go to a shooting range.

Also, saying there isn't a need for gun control is just silly. You're seeing it in this simple, idealistic world where everything is black and white rather than along a continuum.
I am pro-life.

I don't think the government should be able to say who can and cannot marry. If the couple happens to be homosexual that's not my place to say whether they should or shouldn't get married. cause freedom that's why

What do you define the "rights" of a pregnant woman as?

In my opinion if you want to buy a firearm, you should be able to purchase any type as long as you consent to a background check of mental health and criminal history. If you have been mentally unstable or ill or if you have violent criminal history you should not be allowed to purchase a weapon. "Because they're fun" is a perfect reason to own an assault rifle. A honda civic? Convenient, a Mitsubishi evu? cool, an f350 pickup? convenient, a lamburghini? because it's fun...

Your argument against owning an assault rifle having to be a NECESSITY to justify owning one is ridiculous. In the name of what? Less violent crime? I could go out and kill people with a handgun, shotgun, or hunting rifle.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6663|BC, Canada

Ty wrote:

Shifty you need to draw the distinction between regulating a weapon and taking away a weapon. They're not the same thing.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard