Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6013|Vortex Ring State
just load it with tranqulizer ammo so those burglars can be arrested and sent to jail.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4268

jsnipy wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Also I agree with 13in, their life isn't worth a TV if they've stooped low enough to enter somebody's home (which is psychologically disturbing as a home is a place the inhabitant considers safe) and rob them of their hard earned property so they can go get high or some shit.
Why don't you say it for how it really is. you are just waiting for the day that someone enters yourhouse to steal your belonging so you can shoot him. It's not about protecting yourself, its not about protecting your belongings - its about shooting him.

Normal people let insurance cover it. But you get off on the thought of shooting someone else. OVER. A. FUCKING. TV.
That's generalizing what a break in is. There are many cases where the intruders do more than just "steal your tv".  Lots of home invasions in the US lead to much more then theft (raping of family members, murder etc.).
Source / cite / substantiate this claim please. Otherwise it is nothing but hot air. I'm calling BULLSHIT. No way are 'lots' of home invasions staged with the ulterior motive of "raping" or "murdering" people. Most home invasions are probably straight burglaries - maybe with a weapon (i.e. aggravated). The legal nomenclature and semantics around burglary in America in a way funnily predisposes you to violence: it's not a burglary or a theft, it's a home invasion. Jesus tittyfucking Christ, what a phrase. A home invasion. If an Englishman's home, as the old idiom goes, is his castle... I guess an American's place in the 'burbs is a whole fucking KINGDOM, cause boy, that shit is getting invaded, and you gon' stage a DEFENSE with your FORTIFICATIONS. Man the Howitzers!

Jaekus speaks the most sense, here. Most people enter a home because they perceive it as being affluent, or basically containing desirable/luxury goods. I'd wager a far higher (and more criminally 'casual') proportion than those intending to enter a FAMILY HOME to RAPE someone, anyway. Rapes and murders are crimes you tend to want to get away with without any witnesses, so I don't really see why you have this profound paranoia about someone crawling into your wife or daughter's bed at night (they won't). "Lots" here really is an exaggeration. Most of the time what you are trying to excuse is a trigger-happy redneck or life-frustrated peon like Shifty wanting to let off a few rounds and take out their frustration on a petty thief or trespasser. Not a fucking gloved and balaclava'd RAPIST.

Again, stats please if you're going to make such ludicrous claims, ostensibly in defense of a ludicrous pro-gun argument. And by "stats" I don't mean "a news article from 2003 detailing one anecdotal case".

Last edited by aynrandroolz (2013-01-07 10:01:58)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5600

no stats exist for home invasions because it isn't a legal term. it is just something we use to make a distinction between a violent break in and a nonviolent. when people say home invasion they mean violent occurrence between someone breaking in and the home owner. when there is no contact people use burglary.

it happens often enough that there is 20ish occurrences of home invasions within the last 24 hours according to google news 25% of them resulting in the deaths of the homeowners.

Last edited by Macbeth (2013-01-07 10:34:17)

Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4268
I was under the impression that many judicial systems in the US do actually use 'home invasion' as a legal term and specific crime. Am I wrong? It's your law. A cursory Google search tells me its not a recognized or legislated crime in New Jersey, but is in New Hampshire. I guess it depends.

Let me clarify what I meant about the use of the term and the defense of guns: most instances of a criminal entering a property or trespassing are probably burglary or theft cases, and not home invasions, i.e. the number of specifically violent breaking + enterings is a lot lower than jsnipy's "a lot". The hypothetical situation discussed above of someone breaking in to steal your TV is far more likely than someone entering your property specifically with the intent to do harm to you or your family, no? It just seems commonsensical. In any case, I would not take someone's life if they were attempting to steal something from my home.
13rin
+977|6493
Doesn't matter.  I'm not going to play the "numbers game" when it comes to guessing a felons intent.  There is simply too much at stake.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5488|Ventura, California
Keep this is mind whenever I post here, and apply it to anything I post. I would never shoot a person if life or long-term health of myself or loved ones wasn't in danger.

If anybody enters my house with malicious intentions, they will be either shot or preferably held at gunpoint until police arrive. Locking yourself in the bedroom and letting them take what they want is not something I would do. They will just rob somebody else or hurt somebody else further down the road if it's not me.

I'm still very young, and my ideas and beliefs are subject to changing. As a general rule I wish no harm upon anybody though, but I won't risk my health or my loved ones' health over somebody else's though.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4268
so how do you reconcile your christian beliefs with your ardent desire to light someone up with hot lead and pork chicks with your meat sword?
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
The Bible is all about self-defense man. You're supposed to protect yourself and your loved ones, not stand idly by as they or yourself are harmed.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5600

-Sh1fty- wrote:

The Bible is all about self-defense man.
No it is not.

Turn the other cheek. Render unto Caesar
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6013|Vortex Ring State

-Sh1fty- wrote:

The Bible is all about self-defense man. You're supposed to protect yourself and your loved ones, not stand idly by as they or yourself are harmed.
where in bible school were you taught that
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6673|BC, Canada
The one the NRA sponsers.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6723|England. Stoke

-Sh1fty- wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6646|949

13rin wrote:

Doesn't matter.  I'm not going to play the "numbers game" when it comes to guessing a felons intent.  There is simply too much at stake.
There is too much at stake with me possibly hitting my head and falling down.  I'm now going to wear a helmet outside at all times.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6646|949

Macbeth wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

The Bible is all about self-defense man.
No it is not.

Turn the other cheek. Render unto Caesar
Actually, the bible reads like a Charles Bronson movie.  Revenge!  An eye for an eye.  Sodom and Gomorrah. etc etc
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5600

Modern Christians focus on the new testament/Jesus part and not the old testament/Jew part. meh
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6646|949

thanks for the info on the bible.  I wasn't aware.  haha
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5600

I'll keep you updated. lol

Last edited by Macbeth (2013-01-07 12:39:42)

Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5192|Sydney
People put far too much literal emphasis on the bible when it suits them, but interpret it in abstract fashion when it doesn't.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
There seems to be a lot of confusion over the passages regarding forgiveness while turning the other cheek and self defense. I'll make a D&ST thread for us to disucss it.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6167|what

-Sh1fty- wrote:

There seems to be a lot of confusion over the passages regarding forgiveness while turning the other cheek and self defense. I'll make a D&ST thread for us to disucss it.
Place it in Everything Else please.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Jaekus
+957|5192|Sydney
There's already a delusions religions of the world thread.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6646|949

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I think the confusion lies in the bible saying different things depending on who is writing, who is speaking, who is representing and who interpreted.

The whole 'thou shalt not kill'...does it need to be amended to read "thou shalt not kill unless you break another one of the commandments"?  If you break a commandment to punish someone for breaking a commandment, does it cancel itself?  If you break two commandments, does that mean I can break two commandments in punishing you?  Like, if you steal and murder, does that mean I can kill you AND fuck your wife?
Jaekus
+957|5192|Sydney

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I think the confusion lies in the bible saying different things depending on who is writing, who is speaking, who is representing and who interpreted.

The whole 'thou shalt not kill'...does it need to be amended to read "thou shalt not kill unless you break another one of the commandments"?  If you break a commandment to punish someone for breaking a commandment, does it cancel itself?  If you break two commandments, does that mean I can break two commandments in punishing you?  Like, if you steal and murder, does that mean I can kill you AND fuck your wife?
People use the bible at their convenience. If you were truly following the bible you would be a complete pacifist.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6786|PNW

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Matthew 5:5
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5600

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Matthew 5:5
Ezekiel 25:17

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard