Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+502|2802

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I guess to what extent the ATF pisses off or the company backs down depends on how much the mod fits into whatever "legal definition of" loophole that made them decide to manufacture the thing.
The company plans to fight the ATF in court. I don't expect the ATF to back down on these things after Vegas.

"Why didn't the ATF prohibit modifications that allowed rapid firing before this tragedy took place?"

"We didn't want to infringe on people's rights to shoot a gun really fast at a range."
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,752|5188|eXtreme to the maX
Come to think of it I suppose they're both sort of right, but continuous pressure on the trigger delivers repeated shots so really it is effectively full auto.

If a bump stock is effectively full auto then this is more clearly full auto, the fact that the disconnector is automatically reset, and there's a delay, makes it closer to controlled full auto than anything else, I think.
#FreeBritney
uziq
Member
+420|2535

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

who said they can't have a good time without taking drugs? you are talking nonsense.
So why do they do it?

contributing to violent crime ... you say in defence of the weirdos who like to own fully automatic weapons. L O L
A gun sitting in a safe doesn't actually commit a crime, you buying drugs lead directly to people being killed, but being a selfish creep you don't care.
because drugs augment or change an experience? the statistic is 'who took drugs in the last 12 months'. there's no implication there that they 'need' drugs to have fun, or take drugs every day like addicted fiends.

taking a pill at a festival is much, much better than drinking for 3 days. people like to smoke pot to relax. does this need to be explained to you? different drugs induce different, desirable effects. a dance party really is so much more fun on ecstasy than when everyone is drinking. alcohol makes people sluggish, temperamental and violent. nobody has ever started a fight whilst high on MDMA. it is a default-'On' love switch.

there's absolutely no 'need' implied in this. people take it as a free choice on a specific occasion. why do you consistently fail to understand this? people can have fun without taking drugs. i don't need to take MDMA every time i leave the house. jesus fucking christ man.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,752|5188|eXtreme to the maX
People die in the drug supply chain, but 'drugs augment or change an experience' so thats OK?

I'm sure plenty of people have been murdered thanks to drug-induced rages, MDMA not being the only drug people use, I mean, weren't you taken down while high and threatening people with a knife?
#FreeBritney
uziq
Member
+420|2535
and aren't you fascinated with and defensive of guns because you're a sexless cuck?

you can check the crime statistics for the number of crimes with drugs implicated versus alcohol. alcohol is far higher, and not just because of its ready availability. very few drugs trigger aggression and a lack of inhibition like alcohol. people don't go into murderous rages on pot or LSD.

Last edited by uziq (2021-09-02 05:06:22)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,752|5188|eXtreme to the maX
But they do go into murderous rages with ice, crack and cocaine no?

And don't drug users tend to commit crimes when they're off drugs, because they need their next fix?
Police officers I know say stoners who've gone without for a few days are some of the hardest people to deal with.

How is it that 80% of people get along fine without needing illegal drugs, but people like you can't?
#FreeBritney
uziq
Member
+420|2535
lmao, notorious withdrawal symptoms from weed ... jesus christ you sound like a school educational VHS from the 1970s. and why would drug users need to go into a life of crime to 'arrange their next fix' when, as we've established above, the biggest group of recreational drug users are the monied, cosmopolitan middle classes? why would a journalist in islington or a city broker need to mug someone? do you even think through the nonsense you spout?

you do understand the premise of the survey, right? answering 'yes' doesn't mean 'fundamentally dependent and needs them every day'. admitting to taking drugs, once in a year, or occasionally, or even frequently, doesn't mean 'i can't have fun without them'.

get a grip, dilbert. you're a grown adult. the awareness that people from all walks of life dabble with and enjoy drugs cannot be news to you.

i swear your need to make the whole world conform to your narrow little precepts is a form of serious mental immaturity.

Last edited by uziq (2021-09-02 07:28:37)

unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,927|5854|USA

*checks distribution chain violence, deaths during prohibition of alcohol*
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,752|5188|eXtreme to the maX
I'm sure 20% of people will admit to speeding in the last year.

Driving fast is fun, you get a buzz out of it, clearly we should remove all speed limits and let people do what they want. Freedom!

uziq keeps plugging the same arguments, everybody takes drugs no they don't drugs are good for you, lots of health benefits not for the average person outside a medical environment no.
#FreeBritney
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+562|5796|Purplicious Wisconsin

uziq wrote:

War Man wrote:

Enjoyment of rapid firing a weapon at a range to feel better, considering we live in a depressing world. I think that is a public good.
your way of alleviating depression and boredom is to ... fire lots of bullets very rapidly? a 'public good'? LMAO.

maybe read a book mate?
Why not both?
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
uziq
Member
+420|2535
safe operation of a book requires two hands. i wouldn’t recommend trying it at the same time war man.
uziq
Member
+420|2535

Dilbert_X wrote:

I'm sure 20% of people will admit to speeding in the last year.

Driving fast is fun, you get a buzz out of it, clearly we should remove all speed limits and let people do what they want. Freedom!

uziq keeps plugging the same arguments, everybody takes drugs no they don't drugs are good for you, lots of health benefits not for the average person outside a medical environment no.
i have literally never said drugs are good for you. i’ve said that alcohol is bad for you, in fact, and that a good number of recreational and scary-sounding ‘illegal’ drugs rank below it on a scale of harm - both individual and social.

the fact you can’t parse this simple fact after years of it being presented to you, and the fact you still try to twist my statements, just shows how deeply in denial you are. weird for a clear-sighted ‘man of science’.

i have always spoken about drug use as an informed decision, accepting tolerable risks in the same way one does when they drink, drive a car, or play with guns. a much more mature approach to drugs than getting hysterical about them and talking ominously about ‘illegality’ and ‘drug-crazed loonies’.

i have pointed out that many research groups around the world are looking into the medicinal or mental health benefits of psychoactive drugs which you declare ‘illegal … for morons’ etc. how many research groups are researching the health benefits of alcohol? i wonder why. possibly because it’s a harmful poison?

Last edited by uziq (2021-09-02 19:48:51)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+502|2802
Please watch

"Older Man Challenges Teenagers After Claims Of Smelling “Ganja” In The Street"
https://old.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout … claims_of/
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,927|5854|USA

I would love to hear about the events leading up to that. Video starts with the young guy acting defensive and the old guy set on being a narc (for weed, ugh). Then the old guy gets into some diatribe about how he wants to be able to walk up to neighbors and get them to help him with something?

Is there context, or is he just a Karen? Like I could understand if it was a condo thing and you were smelling your neighbor's grass and they were making a big escalating deal out of you bringing it up while you were on the way to buy some Ozium?

I think when you shout "you have no idea who I am" at someone, that could be construed as a threat.
uziq
Member
+420|2535
but i swore dilbert was ginger ... ?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+502|2802

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I would love to hear about the events leading up to that. Video starts with the young guy acting defensive and the old guy set on being a narc (for weed, ugh). Then the old guy gets into some diatribe about how he wants to be able to walk up to neighbors and get them to help him with something?

Is there context, or is he just a Karen? Like I could understand if it was a condo thing and you were smelling your neighbor's grass and they were making a big escalating deal out of you bringing it up while you were on the way to buy some Ozium?

I think when you shout "you have no idea who I am" at someone, that could be construed as a threat.
Reddit doxed him. It turns out he is a drug counselor who lost his license because he was being too hard on the recovering addicts. Telling them they are losers, ruined their lives etc.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,927|5854|USA

How the hell did he become a drug counsellor? Even boomer psych students in college were told that approach was bullshit. Must literally be a crackerjacks box degree. All you need for prison counsellor is a certificate?
uziq
Member
+420|2535
lmfao it's literally dibertus XI.
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,927|5854|USA

you have no idea who I am!



must not know who I am
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+562|5796|Purplicious Wisconsin

uziq wrote:

safe operation of a book requires two hands. i wouldn’t recommend trying it at the same time war man.
I like how you took me literally, when I wasn't referring to doing both at the same time.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
uziq
Member
+420|2535

War Man wrote:

uziq wrote:

safe operation of a book requires two hands. i wouldn’t recommend trying it at the same time war man.
I like how you took me literally, when I wasn't referring to doing both at the same time.
i like how you’re such a sentient plank that you need sarcasm tags.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,752|5188|eXtreme to the maX
How funny, if he'd used a gun everyone would be screaming that the gun laws should be changed, but no he used a knife so having foot-long knives accessible in your average shopping centre is still OK

New Zealand supermarket stabbing: Government to toughen anti-terror laws

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-58446260
#FreeBritney
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,927|5854|USA

current nz knife laws: https://www.police.govt.nz/advice-servi … ve-weapons

Did he bring the knife into the place or remove it from a display?

Addressing anti-terror laws seems like a good idea because he was a known threat and being monitored, but the police/government apparently didn't have the power to do much else than keep eyes?

It's a shared responsibility. When a refugee radicalizes, events that lead up to that are partly the failure of the hosting state. And then to not be able to do much about it until a terror attack, regrettable.
uziq
Member
+420|2535
it's pretty hard to argue against having, er, kitchen knives in a homeware store or supermarket. a knife has an everyday function. you could maybe put them in locked display cases or something but it hardly seems feasible. you need to be hellbent on violence to go on a stabbing spree. it's a lot more strenuous – and personal – than lighting up a theatre with an assault rifle.

an awful thing to happen, and perhaps the counter-terrorism forces in NZ had him on too long of a leash, but it's really hard to devise effective laws to prevent this sort of thing. an IS nutjob is going to get behind the wheels of a van and mount a pavement, or grab a knife or dining table set and go postal, if they really want to.
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,927|5854|USA

The knife argument is always brought up by people protesting against tightening gun laws ("ha! a knife attack, will we ban knives now?"). Few times have I heard them acknowledge that knives themselves are subject to a number of type and length restrictions and various bans. Same with cudgel type weapons.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard