Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX
Sometimes its good that the stupider genes are removed from the gene pool.

I'm glad that he got it, not the girl or a bystander.

I do have to deal with some truly cretanous people in the firearms world.....
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718
Darwin awards What a slimy thing to say. People make mistakes in life, that doesn't make their lives any less important. You are former military right? What if you and a bunch of New Zealand soldiers were killed in a training accident? Dumb move joining the military. They made a mistake. Darwin awards all around. Yeah, I am sure you would see it that way.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6707|England. Stoke
And now a film crew member for "Cops" has been shot and killed by said "cops" whilst filming a robbery.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6715

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Darwin awards What a slimy thing to say. People make mistakes in life, that doesn't make their lives any less important. You are former military right? What if you and a bunch of New Zealand soldiers were killed in a training accident? Dumb move joining the military. They made a mistake. Darwin awards all around. Yeah, I am sure you would see it that way.
yeah exactly the same thing as giving a 9 year old with no firearms experience an uzi... yep super duper smart.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6322|Graz, Austria
Depression is a recognized sickness. Suicide as a consequence of it is tragic.

Putting a loaded SMG in the hands of an untrained 9-year old is utterly stupid.
Getting a stray bullet in the head as a consequence of uncontrollable recoil was quite foreseeable.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6773|Noizyland

War Man wrote:

Of course guns don't kill people, it's the bullet/wound that kills people.
Love that reasoning. I mean what's to argue against? It's not the rope that kills you, it's the broken neck. It's not the fire that kills you, it's smoke and asphyxiation. Because that distinction makes a massive difference.

War Man wrote:

Yes the guy was an idiot for having a fully-automatic weapon in the hands of an untrained 9 year old, should of stuck with a semi-auto or bolt/pump action.

The fact that you find this funny is saddening, don't care if it was an idiotic death, death ain't funny.
I disagree, I think death can be very funny. I also don't see anything intrinsically wrong with finding humour in the morbid either, it's not a lack of empathy or anything. I mourned my grandfather's death but I also found humour in the 83 year year old quadruple bypass recipient with a long history of heart problems throwing around an eighty kilogram bathroom vanity before deciding what he really needed to do was to grab a hammer drill and tear open a doorway in a rock wall.

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I'm not saying his life was unimportant or even that his death wasn't tragic, I'm simply saying his death was worthy of a certain degree of mockery. Like the deaths that are preceded by the phrase "Hey bro, watch this!"

I'm not sure how you equate that sort of thing to an actual accident, that line of reasoning seems pretty slimy to me. If someone dies after losing control of their car on an icy road that's not worthy of mockery. If someone dies on a construction site in a workplace accident it's not funny. But this is clearly not the same as someone falling off a 20th story hotel balcony because they thought drunk planking was a good idea.

In this situation the main tragedy is the girl. Through the gung-ho attitude of US gun culture, the ignorance of her parents, and the stupidity of her instructor, she is now indirectly responsible for another person's death. Not only that but she was put in a situation that could have potentially ended her own life by people that should have known enough to keep her safe. That fact I don't find funny at all.

But yeah, I will laugh at the fuckwit that got himself killed. Because sometimes you have to find humour in otherwise depressing situations.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6712|Purplicious Wisconsin

Ty wrote:

War Man wrote:

Love that reasoning. I mean what's to argue against? It's not the rope that kills you, it's the broken neck. It's not the fire that kills you, it's smoke and asphyxiation. Because that distinction makes a massive difference.
I actually was not serious when I put that down, I assumed you were being sarcastic when you said guns don't kill people so I typed that.

Ty wrote:

War Man wrote:

Yes the guy was an idiot for having a fully-automatic weapon in the hands of an untrained 9 year old, should of stuck with a semi-auto or bolt/pump action.

The fact that you find this funny is saddening, don't care if it was an idiotic death, death ain't funny.
I disagree, I think death can be very funny. I also don't see anything intrinsically wrong with finding humour in the morbid either, it's not a lack of empathy or anything. I mourned my grandfather's death but I also found humour in the 83 year year old quadruple bypass recipient with a long history of heart problems throwing around an eighty kilogram bathroom vanity before deciding what he really needed to do was to grab a hammer drill and tear open a doorway in a rock wall.

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I'm not saying his life was unimportant or even that his death wasn't tragic, I'm simply saying his death was worthy of a certain degree of mockery. Like the deaths that are preceded by the phrase "Hey bro, watch this!"

I'm not sure how you equate that sort of thing to an actual accident, that line of reasoning seems pretty slimy to me. If someone dies after losing control of their car on an icy road that's not worthy of mockery. If someone dies on a construction site in a workplace accident it's not funny. But this is clearly not the same as someone falling off a 20th story hotel balcony because they thought drunk planking was a good idea.

In this situation the main tragedy is the girl. Through the gung-ho attitude of US gun culture, the ignorance of her parents, and the stupidity of her instructor, she is now indirectly responsible for another person's death. Not only that but she was put in a situation that could have potentially ended her own life by people that should have known enough to keep her safe. That fact I don't find funny at all.

But yeah, I will laugh at the fuckwit that got himself killed. Because sometimes you have to find humour in otherwise depressing situations.
You are a disturbed person.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3958|SL,UT

War Man wrote:

i nominate this as quote of the year.

too bad this site doesn't do quote of the year or anything else anymore.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6773|Noizyland

Oh lighten up War Man.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5177|Sydney

War Man wrote:

Ty wrote:

War Man wrote:

I actually was not serious when I put that down, I assumed you were being sarcastic when you said guns don't kill people so I typed that.

Ty wrote:

War Man wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

You are a stupid person.

The only thing simpler than that statement the way you present yourself.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6712|Purplicious Wisconsin

Jaekus wrote:

War Man wrote:

Ty wrote:

War Man wrote:

Ty wrote:

You are a stupid person.

You're a fucking moron.

Last edited by War Man (2014-08-30 20:54:21)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6773|Noizyland

Ahh, this is the D+ST I remember.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6621|Little Bentcock

War Man wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

War Man wrote:

Ty wrote:

War Man wrote:

You are a stupid person.

You're a fucking moron.
And his homeschooling, it was pretty simple too.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718
A gun saved this man and his girlfriend's life.
http://www.worldstaruncut.com/uncut/76826
13rin
+977|6478
Still own a shit load of guns.  Still carry.  Gonna get an AR10 next.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718
Sad. They all died

He also filmed it himself and uploaded it to Twitter.
Screen grab from my phone
http://imgur.com/mBGaruh

Last edited by SuperJail Warden (2015-08-26 08:51:58)

Pocshy2.0
+23|3369
Saw this on Reddit. Apparently not only was it the camera man's planned last day on the job, but he was also dating a producer who had to watch this live from the production room.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6680|Disaster Free Zone
If only they had their own guns they could have protected themselves /sarcasm
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6735|Oxferd Ohire
/s is a lot shorter
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6680|Disaster Free Zone
I had to make it exceedingly obvious that the only point pro gun lobby can ever put forward is complete bullshit.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6707|England. Stoke
That video he filmed was bloody horrific.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

Very sad.  It's also sad that almost 2/3 of gun deaths are suicide but the overwhelming focus is on these headline grabbing anomalies.
uziq
+492|3451
that was really fucking depressing. the girl was 24, right? younger than me.

i'm so bored of the gun debate. america your country is just really fucking depressing.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718
He killed her because she was racist to him before. That is NOT going to help #blacklivesmatter lol
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

we have over 330 million people.  It's hard, man.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard