Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256

13rin wrote:

disturbing.
that is really 'disturbing' to you? america really takes this whole 'police stopping me' thing too seriously. youtube is full of videos of lemons walking around with big guns and then whining for 15 minutes about their 'rights'. it's common fucking sense.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6660|BC, Canada
Yup. Those guys purposely setting the cops off just so they can have their youtube moment are annoying as fuck. So stupid to bring your son out when you are instagating shit with the cops too.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718

-Whiteroom- wrote:

Yup. Those guys purposely setting the cops off just so they can have their youtube moment are annoying as fuck. So stupid to bring your son out when you are instagating shit with the cops too.
an active duty soldier in a military area taking his son hiking/hunting... cops didn't have to be such dicks to him. "we don't care about the law" part was really fucked up.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256

Cybargs wrote:

-Whiteroom- wrote:

an active duty soldier in a military area taking his son hiking/hunting... cops didn't have to be such dicks to him. "we don't care about the law" part was really fucked up.
hardly. the guy made a big deal because the cop attempted to take the gun off him, rather than politely asking first. maybe a little rude of the cop, but really deserving a 20 minute youtube drama with 100,000's of views? do you have any idea how inconsequential this shit looks to a non-american? okay: he wasn't breaking the law. but it's hard to tell a full from a semi auto at a distance. a concerned citizen was perfectly within their rights to call the police out of fear/concern about some dude just wandering around the countryside with a large rifle across his chest. it could have been a 2 minute exchange - even if the police officer did mistakenly mess up protocol by putting hands on the gun - and he could have gone on his way. instead he made a loud noise about "being an iraq war veteran" and generally got all crazy and agitated. which just made the whole ordeal 10x longer and more involving than it needed to be. cops make mistakes, too. they're not going to always do everything by the book. extending it into some 20 minute 'RESPECT THE CONSTITUTION!' thing is just inane. this shit looks really silly to a non-american. "tyranny! he touched my gun before i said he could!". jesus christ. just let the dude check your gun is within the law and shut the fuck up.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718
they pretty much took him to jail and took his property. you'd be pretty pissed if you got pulled over and cops impounded your car because you looked "threatening"
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256
it's pretty obvious they only took him to the station because he was being a problem and raising issues.  he was threatening a civil lawsuit almost as soon as the video started. that's a bit of an extreme over-reaction to a police-man laying hands on your gun, no? it's hardly the fucking gestapo. what a baby.

also that's a totally shit analogy. like a car is anywhere near as "threatening" or causing of alarm to members of the public as a large M16-shaped rifle. jesus you say some stupid fucking shit sometimes. i'll be honest: even if i was walking around with a fully legal rifle, i wouldn't be all that surprised or annoyed if a police-man wanted to ask me a few innocent questions about it. it's not a huge infringement on my 'freedom', considering i'm carrying a lethal weapon around in my hands.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-04-18 05:55:37)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

but uzique, before you know it the government will become tyranical and they'll need the 2nd amendment then... right?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6777|Moscow, Russia
right. the police man did actually touch the gun! that's a slippery slope to gulag!
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256
we didn't save europe from the nazis so the police could touch our guns without asking!!!!!!
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5545|Toronto
Nothing like an antiquated document to decree a now frivolous right. Rewrite that shit and end these stupid youtube videos, if for no other reason.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6660|BC, Canada
Now now poshy. You wouldn't re-write the bible. The founding fathers knew that what they wrote would be timeless.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

I still think it was misinterpreted.

https://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s330/HighIntensityRT/family-guy-bear-arms.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

As to that youtube vid of the douche complaining for 15 minutes, he had a right to be pissed off, but he didn't need to turn it into the bad-for-everyone headache it was. Even if the police were in the wrong, they were being really patient about the whole thing. Someone calls something like that in and of course they're going to want to investigate.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256
exactly. perhaps they didn't respect the code/protocol to a literal definition. perhaps in his haste/lack of attention he grabbed the gun when he should have asked for permission first. but jesus, it's a routine stop to check if the guy has his papers. it doesn't need to be some huge youtube controversy about 'freedom' and 'tyranny'. a cop just cut a corner whilst asking for a guy's papers. what a load of bollocks.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-04-18 07:23:58)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

"I'm an Iraq vet with a bad back and you're killing me!"

Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5180|Sydney
I want to see someone smoke a mountain of hash outside a cop station, make a self righteous youtube video about it and then feel indignant about his rights.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

one thing i do feel bad about it the fact the cops had to detain the irate vet in front of his son. that sucks, and perhaps isn't all that respectful. but the dad put his son in an uncomfortable and problematic situation when he said "hey, hold the camera, film me being arrested". that just sucks. if the man had a little more patience and understanding and just met the cops half-way, it would never have needed to get that ugly.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6683|Disaster Free Zone
Asking someone "suspicious" to hand over  their gun is a good way to get shot.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS

13rin wrote:

Background checks are all ready done.  The polling was obscenely skewed using loaded questions.  Bamster himself was quoting statistics that were 20 years old.  At the end of the day, none of their legislative proposals would have done the first thing to prevent a Sandy Hook*(thanks).  It was a gun grab, pure and simple.

Your call on what to do if you are home when faced with an armed burglar.  Every have to fill one of these out? OMB NO. 1512-0129
http://www.washingtonpost.com/page/2010 … se_226.xml

Yes, those ancient polls taken... last week.

With such incredibly loaded questions such as "Would you support or oppose a law requiring background checks on people buying guns at gun shows or online?". I mean, no idea how you could see two sides to that question.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

As to that youtube vid of the douche complaining for 15 minutes, he had a right to be pissed off, but he didn't need to turn it into the bad-for-everyone headache it was. Even if the police were in the wrong, they were being really patient about the whole thing. Someone calls something like that in and of course they're going to want to investigate.
I'm not sure who I like least, the Libertard or the heavy-handed hog of a cop.

If you're going to prowl around in a paramilitary getup with a compact AR15 clipped to tactical webbing you're obviously not out deer-hunting, the public are going to be alarmed and the Police are going to take an interest in you.

But there's no need to treat people unreasonably or unlawfully even if they are libertard douchebags.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

one thing i do feel bad about it the fact the cops had to detain the irate vet in front of his son. that sucks, and perhaps isn't all that respectful. but the dad put his son in an uncomfortable and problematic situation when he said "hey, hold the camera, film me being arrested". that just sucks. if the man had a little more patience and understanding and just met the cops half-way, it would never have needed to get that ugly.
And the fact that he was getting so pissed off meant that they couldn't exactly go "thanks for your service; here's your loaded rifle, now be on your way" and then turn their backs.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256

Dilbert_X wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

If you're going to prowl around in a paramilitary getup with a compact AR15 clipped to tactical webbing you're obviously not out deer-hunting, the public are going to be alarmed and the Police are going to take an interest in you.

But there's no need to treat people unreasonably or unlawfully even if they are libertard douchebags.
did he treat him unreasonably, though? by touching his gun without asking? it seems like a minor slip-up in respecting code and convention. not a huge flouting of the law or flagrant disregard for 'the american constitution'. i expect the guy was professionally penalized for his mistake in protocol. but it's far from tyranny.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX
Manhandling him, searching him, going through his wallet without telling him he was suspected of a crime - all of that was unnecessary and the cop being a dick - this would have been in the most basic Police training.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Dilbert_X wrote:

"Heavy-handed" is not the phrase I would use. Show me one of the many videos of unnecessary face-hood slamming or kicking a guy when they're already down and helpless, and I'd agree with that assessment of it. This guy just held Yosemite Sam in place while he vented. He even let him straighten up when he complained about his back.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256

Dilbert_X wrote:

Manhandling him, searching him, going through his wallet without telling him he was suspected of a crime - all of that was unnecessary and the cop being a dick - this would have been in the most basic Police training.
i guess once you've had a cop look up your asshole - even when you are completely innocent - a cop looking through your wallet, whilst your hands are behind your back, for your identification/license... is not such a big deal.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard