they all literally sit on dicks also
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5371|London, England
and spin!
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6402
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5714|College Park, MD

tuckergustav wrote:

When do you plan on starting your internship search for next summer?
This Fall at the various career fairs. Gonna buy a suit next week so I can look presentable (well I'm also buying it for my court date but the career fairs are important too).

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2012-07-19 13:02:47)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
eleven bravo
+1,399|5272|foggy bottom
what are you going to court for?
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5272|foggy bottom
lol at the part when they say you could be deported if found guilty if you arent a citizen
Tu Stultus Es
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6667

career fairs. No one's hiring. They're just there to show up and have a presence.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

eleven bravo wrote:

caught with a fake ID in Ocean City this past weekend. thankfully the officer only gave me a civil citation instead of arresting me for a criminal offense, from what I hear it's basically akin to a traffic ticket. maximum fine of $500 but the cop said I'd probably be able to get off with probation and/or community service. Guess it pays to not be a prick to a police officer when you're in the wrong.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5978|London, England

its never pays to be a prick to a police officer ever
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6513|so randum
dont read hurricats posts in a while
read some of his posts in this thread
his life is still shit
world keeps turning
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
Ted, some day the tables will turn on your Irish ass
eleven bravo
+1,399|5272|foggy bottom

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

caught with a fake ID in Ocean City this past weekend. thankfully the officer only gave me a civil citation instead of arresting me for a criminal offense, from what I hear it's basically akin to a traffic ticket. maximum fine of $500 but the cop said I'd probably be able to get off with probation and/or community service. Guess it pays to not be a prick to a police officer when you're in the wrong.
dont wear a suit to that.  if i was a judge and i saw some immigrant wearing a suit for an infraction i would deport said immigrant back to chile or canada or whereever the fuck hes from
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5272|foggy bottom

mtb0minime wrote:

career fairs. No one's hiring. They're just there to show up and have a presence.
and tell you to apply on their website
Tu Stultus Es
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6166|what

Entry level job.

4 years experience required.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

eleven bravo wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

dont wear a suit to that.  if i was a judge and i saw some immigrant wearing a suit for an infraction i would deport said immigrant back to chile or canada or whereever the fuck hes from
My law school buddy who's been to court 3 times said to wear one so nyah
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6510

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

if your buddy was so smart, why's he in court all the time?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6166|what

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Hard to believe, but hurricane is white.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6402
not guilty
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

13urnzz wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

if your buddy was so smart, why's he in court all the time?
fuck if i know
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Welcome to
Our Branding House.
BY Frank Ferri
- - - -

You sure look the part. Short beard, tight-fitting thrift-store shirt, slim-fit jeans and large-framed glasses that scream “I’m hip!” I should hire you on appearance alone. But legally, I can’t. Besides, there’s a lot more to our shop than how we look and dress.

Our culture is very important. We have a culture. No red tape. No corporate layers. No bureaucratic bullshit. But it’s not anarchy. It’s a meritocracy, with tons of optimism and zero racism. We like diversity. My girlfriend is a pansexual black woman who was raised by Nepalese parents on the Stockholm Archipelago. She was educated in Perth before coming to the States via pneumatic tube.

We’re a shop. Not an agency, not a firm—a shop. Other acceptable terms are “boutique interactive solutions studio pad,” “branding house,” or “post-branding branding garage.”

That’s another thing, we add “post” as a prefix to words—especially when interfacing with clients. Post-media, post-Internet solutions, etc. If you can’t do that, then you’re post-employed. Kidding. I’m a creative-type, I say creative things like that.

We drink coffee all day. We brew it in our retro-style kitchen, which is ironic. Post-ironic even.

We’re post-Internet web strategists. And we only use Macs. We’ve got one PC, spray-painted silver. While working, we wear earphones and listen to post-stringed guitar neo-punk by an obscure meta-artist.

Our business practices are closely aligned with the Republican Party’s way of thinking. But every pod (we don’t use cubicles here, they stifle creativity) must have a picture or some figurine mocking the GOP. It shows our post-subversive, post-dissident, Post Cereal mindset.

Creative meetings—meetings! Listen to me. When we’re in a creative sesh, we’ll think of the same ideas as any other agency. But we sell our ideas like this: For a pedestrian website, we’ll say, “This post-digital highly calibrated online meta-experience is a nod to the analog age, which guarantees a viral effect among the decision-makers in your industry and beyond by making sure your brand stands out in a world of post-font, post-blue, Post-Its.” Doesn’t have to make sense.

We’ll create a blog on their site, a Facebook thingie, and talk about it being “a post-blog, post-social networking platform that inspires and spreads ideas so that your message sticks to your inter-generational, minimally attentive demo. But also reaches, bestrides and orbits other industries to capture the attention of a post-captive audience.”

I like this talking point: “We drive traffic to clients’ sites in a post-traffic, post-public transportation way in a highly post-visual, post-gustatory, pre-olfactory world. You’ll notice everything we do stays true to the client’s identity as our post-branding brand extension cords extend that identity into post-new media media post outlets.”

Our seshes take place in the carport we built inside the office. Post-ironic, right? We used an aerospace-grade epoxy to adhere forty-five surfboards together for a table. Says, “Yeah whatever, brah, we know life’s too short to worry about stuff.” But it also says, “We still worry about stuff enough to build a table.”

The indoor barn is also ironic. We do our visionary reviewages there. We stand and look at print ads, billboards, whatever, and say, “I think the one with the finer vertical line speaks more to the frontal cortex of the end-user because of its PoMo post-sovereign influence.”

Or, “The Pantone color conjures a post-cognitive experience, which could foment a post-interpersonal meta bond between the consumer and the brand.”

I like to bullshit in the barn. I’ll say something uber-cultured like, “The ad is very Pierre Auguste Cot, while the billboard is so Abraham Mignon. Neither will register on a post-conscious level with our client’s audience. They’ll have a negative effect.”

Everyone in the barn will agree with me even though they have no idea if the artists mentioned exist. One will say, “Totally, Mignon-esque. Can’t believe I didn’t think of that.” Another will say, “I thought I was going too heavy Auguste Cot. Damn.”

That cave? That’s where the copywriters work. I know, you probably think all post-branding boutique branding neo-interactive podshop houses all have the stereotypical copywriters: the ones who sit there and write their destined-to-fail screenplays in Movie Magic. Not here. Our copywriters use Final Draft. Or Celtx.

The cave is where you’ll be creating brilliant copy and concepts. Just one important rule: if our copywriters decide to sit outside for lunch, they must bring this copy of Finnegans Wake. Relax! You don’t have to read it. You just have to look at random pages and pretend. Every few minutes nod and chuckle aloud, “Oh Joyce, you devil!” It sends a message that says, “Yeah, I write copy for the establishment, but I also read books that no one understands.” Gives us a bit more intellectual cred.

If you’re interested, I’d like to see if you have what it takes to write copy for our branding den/ad grotto − and our progressive, independent-minded clients. We need a postcard written for a little neighborhood grill that just opened. It’s called Applebee’sⓇ​. They want to promote their Carside to Go™ service. Go crazy with it. Have fun. Push the envelope—and get some papercuts doing it. Ha-ha. But seriously, just make sure you adhere to “The Applebee’sⓇ​. Corporate Guidelines and Branding Policies,” which is a huge document. I’ll email you a PDF instead of printing it so I don’t have to write a post-Earth Earth posting on my blog. Damn, I’m clever.
http://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/welc … ding-house
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
I don't get it
eleven bravo
+1,399|5272|foggy bottom

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

ive been to court more times than that.  way more times.  my degree is also a pre law concentration and i just got home from applying for work at law firm 2 hours ago, does that give me more authority on the topic than your lawschool buddy or no?
Tu Stultus Es
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
He Who Shall Not Be Named would probably find it post-funny, and post-ironic.
-Frederick Bastiat
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6204|Roma

mtb0minime wrote:

Marines. Army. It's all nation-buildingdestroying to me
Never understood the point in making the Marines a 4th branch of the military. The fucking point of marines is they are the Naval land troops.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard