KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

my commute can be anywhere from 15 mins to an hour.  Yay southern california traffic!
uziq
+492|3453
google maps tells me my commute is 0.3 miles (0.48km).

suck it, peasants.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

mine is 12 miles.  I used to live closer but i moved to a nicer area.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5789|Catherine Black

uziq wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Then you're using a definition no-one else uses.
sure dilbert, i'm using a definition 'no-one' else uses.

http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/file … l-harm.png

i just found two charts/studies in 20 seconds using that research tool, google images, that also make a distinction between cocaine and crack cocaine.

it's almost as if it's well-studied that they have very different highs and create very different types of addicts.

derp derp derp derp
that chart says ketamine is not as bad as cannabis

I took ket once and thought I'd died
and I've just finished a joint and am pretty chill

???

much enjoyable debate uzi/dilb

Last edited by Finray (2017-03-07 13:00:22)

https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5358|London, England
Got the job at the local company! Suck it LIRR!
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3453

Finray wrote:

uziq wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Then you're using a definition no-one else uses.
sure dilbert, i'm using a definition 'no-one' else uses.

http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/file … l-harm.png

i just found two charts/studies in 20 seconds using that research tool, google images, that also make a distinction between cocaine and crack cocaine.

it's almost as if it's well-studied that they have very different highs and create very different types of addicts.

derp derp derp derp
that chart says ketamine is not as bad as cannabis

I took ket once and thought I'd died
and I've just finished a joint and am pretty chill

???

much enjoyable debate uzi/dilb
perhaps all that weed has made you even more dumb than your average scot, i.e. deplorably stupid.

drug harm is not the same thing as 'how it makes you feel man'.

people can experience complete ego death on LSD or DMT. doesn't mean they are 'bad'. in fact caffeine is (much) worse for your health in terms of actual measurable harm.

the chart linked in that last post includes lots of qualitative and statistics-inferred stuff, too.
uziq
+492|3453

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

mine is 12 miles.  I used to live closer but i moved to a nicer area.
i'm in the city centre, in the most desirable spot. there is technically a 'nicer' area in the city but it's much more suburban, tree-lined, and for family homes. a village on a hill type thing. i'm pretty happy.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5358|London, England
My commute will be 10 miles
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

i am slowly trying to transition to working from home most days.  A good amount of my work is staying late and communicating with Asia, so there's no point at getting in at 8am and staying until 8pm just because I feel like I should be in the office by 8am.

IF I can swing working from home I'm definitely moving to another country.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

people can experience complete ego death on LSD or DMT. doesn't mean they are 'bad'. in fact caffeine is (much) worse for your health in terms of actual measurable harm.
And you have some evidence to back this up? You didn't pull it out of the back of your coke-addled head?
But, you could be right, anecdotally I know a good few people who had too many cappuccinos and had to drop out of college.

the chart linked in that last post includes lots of qualitative and statistics-inferred stuff, too.
Caffeine is not even on the chart, cocaine is right there between methamphetamine and amphetamine, creates higher dependence than alcohol - and scores quite high on impairment of mental functioning, twice as high as cannabis - and who doesn't know someone who smoked themselves stupid?

Well done chief, you proved all my points for me.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2017-03-08 00:39:19)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3453
i said caffeine is worse than LSD or DMT you fucking moron. do you understand sentence syntax?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Yes I understood that just fine.

Which part of "And you have some evidence to back this up?" are you struggling with?
uziq
+492|3453
LSD, mushrooms and DMT are the least toxic drugs of all. have you compared the lethal dose ratio of the them and caffeine? caffeine is addictive; they are completely nonaddictive.

my point is that some drugs can induce strong effects, but they are transitory and leave no lasting effects. a mushroom trip is an emotional experience. but mushrooms are physically harmless.

yes, i know some people with pre-existing mental problems fall off the deep end into serious insanity if they mess around with psychedelics. but that's not what i'm talking about. that's like discussing caffeine use when you have high blood pressure or heart disease.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
"caffeine is (much) worse for your health in terms of actual measurable harm"
Need some actual evidence, actual measurable harm, not the LD50 by mass.
What harm does the average coffee drinker suffer compared with the average LSD user?
How many people with pre-existing mental health issues end up hospitalised after one machiatto?
uziq
+492|3453
no one talks about caffeine harm in terms of mental health.

and the average LSD user will only experience TRANSIENT negative effects, if any. that's my whole point.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
So what "actual measurable harm" are you claiming?

http://www.thelancet.com/pb/assets/raw/ … 300657.pdf
We're not talking about mushrooms, do you think we are?
uziq
+492|3453
i talked about lsd, mushrooms and dmt, which are frequently grouped together as the least harmful drugs on just about every chart.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3e/Drug_danger_and_dependence.png

Last edited by uziq (2017-03-08 03:46:14)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
No you said "people can experience complete ego death on LSD or DMT. doesn't mean they are 'bad'. in fact caffeine is (much) worse for your health in terms of actual measurable harm."
You've gone off on a tangent on mushrooms.

Now explain how caffeine is more harmful than LSD.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2017-03-08 03:46:03)

uziq
+492|3453
caffeine is physically addictive, for a start. in terms of medical 'harm' that pushes it way beyond LSD, which you are clinging to extreme examples of people aggravating underlying schizophrenia or something to prove the rule.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
What actual physical harm does being addicted to caffeine cause? Its not as if its hard to come off.

What actual physical harm does caffeine cause? It doesn't cause any.
uziq
+492|3453
caffeine is very hard to come off. it causes headaches, nausea, anxiety, irritability, cold sweats, shaking – all far worse than LSD. sorry that's so inconvenient for you as you keep revising your definition of 'harm'.

caffeine can cause heart attacks on the physical front. that's about as proximate a physical 'harm' as your claims about LSD's physical mechanism 'causing' schizophrenia.

see further
http://www1.udel.edu/chem/C465/senior/f … ogical.htm

don't think LSD causes infertility, sorry.

Last edited by uziq (2017-03-08 03:58:00)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I haven't revised any definition, I've used yours "actual measurable harm"
Apart from your own anecdotal experiences I'm sure you'll be able to provide some real evidence of actual harm.

A couple of days of being a bit ratty doesn't really compare with having your brain fried IMO.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
So for a bit of balance

LSD does not pose a real threat of overdose, but it is one of the most powerful recreational drugs available today. It strongly impacts a person’s mental and emotional state as the drug produces the following results:
◾Lost touch with reality
◾Mood disorder onset, like depression, anxiety or mania
◾State of extreme paranoia
◾Intensified mental health problems
◾Increased risk for a dangerous accident

If a person already suffers from emotional problems, LSD intensifies the severity of symptoms. It can unlock personality disorders, panic attacks and depression as well as schizophrenia
http://www.lsdabusehelp.com/how-lsd-use … nal-health

I think I'll stick with tea thanks.
uziq
+492|3453
yeah i link the lancet and you link a site called 'lsd abuse help'.

also i said all along that their effects are transient. a bad trip comes and goes. you're not contradicting anything that isn't obvious to anyone who has taken these drugs. caffeine does lasting physical harm.

thanks for losing the debate so graciously.

Last edited by uziq (2017-03-08 04:11:31)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard