Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6692
i agree that cocaine and MDMA use are fairly common, but I'm curious as to what you consider hard drugs? I've never tried either of those, but then I'm resistant to taking an aspirin.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

i'm sure the board games society at imperial was a blast.
It was, and no Mexicans had their heads cut off.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3452
hard drugs to me is stuff that involves physical addiction and thus big changes to lifestyle. heroin, crystal meth, crack cocaine, alcohol too (people will get funny about admitting that). doing coke at house parties when your mate offers is hardly being involved in a criminal lifestyle with hard drugs.

actually when i was at college the main drugs used were legal and were ordered off the internet like sweets. some of them were pretty awful looking back, but hardly what you'd call 'a drug lifestyle'. they were popular across the whole spectrum of students. no meeting shady underworld dealers or living in a crack den.

Last edited by uziq (2017-02-23 04:49:13)

Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6692
Why is crack harder than cocaine? (Other than the literal rock being hard)

How about tobacco? Doesn't make someone potentially useless to society but physically addictive, bad for health, creates change in lifestyle.

And caffiene and refined sugar for that matter. Same as above.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2017-02-23 05:27:36)

uziq
+492|3452
crack is way more addictive than powder cocaine. do you really need to have the difference explained to you? cocaine use doesn't annihilate communities like crack does.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5358|London, England

uziq wrote:

crack is way more addictive than powder cocaine. do you really need to have the difference explained to you? cocaine use doesn't annihilate communities like crack does.
The only difference between the two is that one is cheap and low class. Cocaine has destroyed plenty of lives.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6692
I know about the social and personal ramifications of crack. But on an individual level cocaine addiction can do serious damage to a person, however not as frighteningly fast and furious as crack. I'm just asking why you classify crack as a hard drug but not cocaine? I know people who've tried crack without becoming crackheads and people who've done coke without becoming cokeheads.

Jay, which drugs are classy to you?

Last edited by Superior Mind (2017-02-23 05:56:52)

uziq
+492|3452

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

The only difference between the two is that one is cheap and low class. Cocaine has destroyed plenty of lives.
crack is literally more addictive. it's a more immediate high and is much more intense. i'm talking on a neurochemical level, the addiction potential of crack is much higher.

there's a reason crack destroys lives much quicker than white-collar people taking a few lines at a party. and it's not all to do with misery and poverty. same reason people get hooked on crystal meth but hardly anyone gets dragged into MDMA. crack blasts you with an intense 3 minute high and leaves you crashing hard and yearning for it again. a line of coke lasts bout 30 minutes and is like a strong caffeine buzz. they create completely different addictive behaviour.

Last edited by uziq (2017-02-23 06:11:56)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719
Have you done crack uzi?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6692
It's a cruel irony that the most severe drugs are relatively the cheapest. Not that heroin is cheap. I'm thinking the ones which get touted as perfectly acceptable.

This forum definitely has seen the side effects of casual beer and energy drink addictions.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2017-02-23 06:20:25)

uziq
+492|3452

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Have you done crack uzi?
no. this is my point. i wouldn't say i've ever been involved in 'hard drugs'. neither me nor my cohort have been sucked into that sort of dark world where life-changing addictions happen. i partied too hard, sure, i tested my limits and sometimes was unhappy when i took it too far. but did i lose control of my life to an addiction? no. did i hang around with criminals? definitely not. if anything, my worst drug experience came with a legal drug and that was precisely because it was so easy and casual to get.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Superior Mind wrote:

I know about the social and personal ramifications of crack. But on an individual level cocaine addiction can do serious damage to a person, however not as frighteningly fast and furious as crack. I'm just asking why you classify crack as a hard drug but not cocaine? I know people who've tried crack without becoming crackheads and people who've done coke without becoming cokeheads.

Jay, which drugs are classy to you?
Glamorous? Coke and ecstacy are what the cool kids do in movies, right?

I don't think any are 'classy'. I take my caffeine in coffee format and nicotine from vaping. I drink alcohol once a month or so. I'm not the right person to ask, I'm past the age where any of it is appealing.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719
Honestly if I ever hit the lotto and never had to work again, I would just find a pretty Asian girl to live with me and smoke crack or meth all day long in a nice house. I have never smoked crack or meth but they seem like something interesting to do if you had unlimited income and plenty of free time.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3452
except they destroy your mind and body, your teeth rot and fall out because of the horrible method of taking them (plus rapid demineralisation), and your entire brain's reward pathway gets fucked. no thank you. i can almost understand hollywood celebs who take cocaine at parties four times a week. but sitting inside hitting a crack pipe sounds depressing as fuck.

if i never had to work again i'd probably do a joe rogan and just get a big mansion and a bunch of fancy and rare psychedelics. acid and DMT sound much more interesting with infinite free time, and don't involve physical annihilation and inevitable early death.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6684|United States of America
I was offered marijuana in the neighborhood of 3 (count 'em) times in college.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6692
Pretty cool.

Would you guys really spend your money inside a mansion with drugs and an Asian hooker or psychedelics? Doesn't that seem lonely?
uziq
+492|3452
i mean if it was going to be that. no it wouldn't be my first choice. i mean that crack and meth are very destructive substances. suffice to say i wouldn't buy or need a hooker either.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Scored another interview
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3452
make sure you wear black shoes instead of brown so they know you weren't raised by vulgarians
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6709|England. Stoke
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

get yo'self some now & later gators.  Ultimate sign of success is wearing exotic skins on your feet
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6692
See my loafers, former gofers!

Last edited by Superior Mind (2017-02-23 13:29:33)

DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6684|United States of America

Superior Mind wrote:

See my loafers, once gofers!
former*
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6692
Thank you. It's been many years.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!