Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5811|Catherine Black

Pochsy wrote:

Finray wrote:

So I had an interview at 11am yesterday

got an email at 2pm

got a second interview next tuesday

wadup g
Nice! What's the job? I've never experienced a second interview, as they are not terribly common in Canada.
ICT Technician. Never had a 2nd interview myself, either, because I've never had a job that is serious enough to require one
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+687|6314|Washington St.

Adams_BJ wrote:

Need a new job.

Applying to firefighting positions around town
Does Australia even HAVE fires?
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6646|Little Bentcock

pirana6 wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

Need a new job.

The whole country sets itself on fire for 6 months of the year
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
More to the point, does Australia have water to put out fires?

Or do you guys just go around blowing on them?
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+687|6314|Washington St.

Adams_BJ wrote:

pirana6 wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

Need a new job.

For some reason I thought that would be funny. It's not really.

Yes I'm was well aware that country goes aflame every year. Good on you for trying to get a job as a firefighter.
Adams_BJ

pirana6 wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

pirana6 wrote:

For some reason I thought that would be funny. It's not really.

Yes I'm was well aware that country goes aflame every year. Good on you for trying to get a job as a firefighter.
It was funny
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+687|6314|Washington St.
Got a phone interview for a company that I just read up on. Seems the employees of my possible position don't really like it and the benefits/pay aren't that good. Half the reason I applied for the new job is the possible benefits.

Then again it's just an interview so if they offer me the job I can always turn it down. But then AGAIN, no good can come from my current job finding out I'm interviewing for other jobs.

What do? WHAT DOOOOOOOOOOO?
Adams_BJ
Take a sick day/long lunch and go to the interview. Ask them about the benefits.
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3983|SL,UT

i just took a half day to buy mountain bikes and flooring for 3 of the bedrooms upstairs.

i am not irreplaceable, and i flipped a coin and work lost. it will take two people to replace me, good thing for the company i make twice the minimum wage. they can hire 2 young fucks, pay them minimum, hope they remember to change all the passwords, and hope the relations that i have built don't crumble upon them.

maybe i can find a company closer that keeps me interested and that developes code closer to home? i'm getting to where i just don't give a fuck anymore . . .
Adams_BJ
Choose the job with the hottest hotties
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6708|United States of America

Steve-0 wrote:

i just took a half day to buy mountain bikes and flooring for 3 of the bedrooms upstairs.

i am not irreplaceable, and i flipped a coin and work lost. it will take two people to replace me, good thing for the company i make twice the minimum wage. they can hire 2 young fucks, pay them minimum, hope they remember to change all the passwords, and hope the relations that i have built don't crumble upon them.

maybe i can find a company closer that keeps me interested and that developes code closer to home? i'm getting to where i just don't give a fuck anymore . . .
It's not a bedroom without a mountain bike, amirite?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6129|eXtreme to the maX
Job is arse, time to update the CV and crank up linkedin I think....
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5201|Sydney
Started my new role today. I was recently promoted to PWA (personal wine advisor). Means I get a portfolio of personal clients, with a lot of room for growth (and earning potential). Going to take some time though.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

Finray wrote:

Pochsy wrote:

Finray wrote:

So I had an interview at 11am yesterday

got an email at 2pm

got a second interview next tuesday

wadup g
Nice! What's the job? I've never experienced a second interview, as they are not terribly common in Canada.
ICT Technician. Never had a 2nd interview myself, either, because I've never had a job that is serious enough to require one
Forgot to report back about this. Had the 2nd interview, got pipped at the post, now a bartender in a restaurant, fucking hate it, looking for another job already.

\o/
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6655|949

Dilbert_X wrote:

this.  Getting stale. 6+ years is the longest i've been with any company.  Gonna miss the travel though
Steve-0
+214|3983|SL,UT

https://i.imgur.com/5gN2Iau.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6129|eXtreme to the maX

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

this.  Getting stale. 6+ years is the longest i've been with any company.  Gonna miss the travel though
4+ is the longest I've been anywhere, I've managed to avoid most of the travel so far.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+636|3743
I am going to take my state's civil service exam and try to become a cop.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Steve-0
+214|3983|SL,UT

keep us updated
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6655|949

Dilbert_X wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

4+ is the longest I've been anywhere, I've managed to avoid most of the travel so far.
I actually like the international travel most of the time.  Jumping from country to country is never fun, but usually I can find a way to tack a few extra days onto the front end or back end.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6198|Sydney | ♥

Finished Uni mid last year, had a job at the uni library doing data entry into the research database throughout my last semester - applied in Sep. for a role that is essentially the same but I have database level access so I can automate a lot of what I was doing, plus get paid 1.5x the amount... It was only fixed term till Sep this year, so i'm gonna solo for a while and freelance, because, ceebs getting a real job for a while.

I went straight from highschool to uni, worked every break, and worked 4 days a week and uni 1 day for my last semester, i want a break. i have saved enough to comfortably live for a year off, so yeah. Freelance style.
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Adams_BJ
send me some my way mate
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6198|Sydney | ♥

you know what adams,

you know what,

i might one day just drive out to see you. :3
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+687|6314|Washington St.
take pictures so its like we can party with you

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard