Erkut.hv
+124|6734|California
PESHAWAR, Pakistan - A Pakistani cleric announced Friday a $1 million bounty for killing a cartoonist who drew Prophet Muhammad, as thousands joined street protests and Denmark temporarily closed its embassy and advised its citizens to leave the country.

In the northwestern Pakistan city of Peshawar, prayer leader Mohammed Yousaf Qureshi announced the bounty for killing a cartoonist to about 1,000 people outside the Mohabat Khan mosque.

Qureshi said the mosque and his religious school would give $25,000 and a car, while a local jewelers' association would give another $1 million. No representative of the association was available to confirm it had made the offer.

"This is a unanimous decision by all imams (prayer leaders) of Islam that whoever insults the prophet deserves to be killed and whoever will take this insulting man to his end, will get this prize," Qureshi said.

GO ISLAM!
zhushma
+-1|6736
i believe what the russians and americans should do is gather all their arsenal and destroy all of the middle east, exept israel.  Lob all of our nukes, everything at them, destroying all peaceful and nonpeaceful arabs, and kill all of them in america too, except the doctors. Kill all the kids(future terorists, so show no sympathy) and burn their bodies for all to see.
Raevin
+0|6649
While I certainly don't condone their methods, I certainly do respect their conviction.
BaD.MaGiC.N
+0|6643
Yeah heard about that..thay also will be giving 5kg of gold to someone that kill a Norwegian solider and 100kg of gild to someone that can kill a cartoonist in Afghanistan...
Sick

Go Norway:P
Erwin_Rommel188
+59|6684|Seattle
If a religion is represented by the least noble of its members, then we're all screwed.  That said, I agree there is majpr problem with Islam today. (Think of it as the Middle Ages for the Middle East)
breethon
+0|6649

zhushma wrote:

i believe what the russians and americans should do is gather all their arsenal and destroy all of the middle east, exept israel.  Lob all of our nukes, everything at them, destroying all peaceful and nonpeaceful arabs, and kill all of them in america too, except the doctors. Kill all the kids(future terorists, so show no sympathy) and burn their bodies for all to see.
Wow....that is a strong statement.  Pick up a copy of Revelation in the bible.........you might like what you read.
Esker
+1|6726
Islam is funny.

Shit, I'm gonna be beheaded for that saying that now aren't I?

Sorry =/
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6684|Espoo, Finland
Denmark fucked up, but the midle eastern guys are kinda over reacting with those bountys...
Janis_Petke
\m/(><)\m/
+49|6692|Brunei Darussalam

Yeah,islam is peaceful right... jeez!
I dont think i ever wanna know a single person,who's religion is islam. I've had enough with them.
Orion5413
+4|6686|Irving Tx
The whole of their religion is that was there is no such thing a moderate. In the koran in states that they must kill you if you refuse to convert. ( I think it is in section 2) That makes the entire religion an extrmist group. Also with the koran it states that Jesus was a profit but here is the interesting part the bible and the tora/talmud?(Sorry for the misspelling) are and is the word of God therefore they must be correct. In the Bible it states that Jesus is the son of God. So in koran is sayes one thing and contradicts isself later go figure.
After reading part of the koran it is really easy for me to veiw all muslims as a threat to my personal safety. The religion of peace my ass. No other religion in the world through their holy book tells its memebers to kill the unconvertable. But dont take my word for look it up. IN section 5 it tells how there can never be peace between jews and muslims. So in closing watch your ass.
-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6754
You cannot judge an entire culture or religion on but a few of its members. Nor can you dismiss what the cartoonist did. In many respects he bought the fate upon himslef. Although I think to hold a grudge against all of Norway is just as bad as judging the entire country by the actions of one man.
bob_6012
Resident M-14 fanatic
+59|6654|Lancaster Ohio, USA
Well apparentley on a news brief thing on yahoo's website it said that there isn't 1 cartoonist...there are 12...so if they all get killed that means whoever does it is gonna be a very rich person...but I don't condone this at all I think it's insane that they want the people dead...it all boils down to freedom of speech...and I guess Islams don't know what that means...
Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6687
Burn all the middle east and the states = world peace.
Orion5413
+4|6686|Irving Tx

-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon wrote:

You cannot judge an entire culture or religion on but a few of its members. Nor can you dismiss what the cartoonist did. In many respects he bought the fate upon himslef. Although I think to hold a grudge against all of Norway is just as bad as judging the entire country by the actions of one man.
I can when their holy books tell there members to kill the unconvertable. That means me. By their own teachings they have made me their enemy. They are targeting all non belivers that would you unless your muslim.
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6693|San Francisco
Well, at least the more secular Muslims (Read: the more level-headed ones) are beginning to put their foot down on the extremists.  These clerics were most likely influenced by the Danish Imams who went around showing the "unseen" cartoons.
Esker
+1|6726
People do need to remember that peace in Islam and peace in Christianity do not have the same meanings.

So it would seem anyway.
BaD.MaGiC.N
+0|6643

what I think is F...ed up is that the publisher of the pictures here in Norway has appologied for what he did,
but yet some islamic people/priest wants our pm to appoligice to the whole islamic world for something that one man has done
Orion5413
+4|6686|Irving Tx
I dont think any one in Norway did anything wrong. Has anyone asked how they the islamic protesters got sooooo many flags to burn? I live in Tx I know there might be 20 Norwegian flags in this state I what know how long this has been planed? Also when did the cartoon run in the paper the 1st time? and why the delay from then until now?Why wait this long to be pissed. If they are pissed about why would they not protest the day it came out?
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6770|Atlanta, GA USA

He brought this on himself?  WTF?  Am I reading this wrong, or are you saying that they have justification for killing him?
dragon102
+0|6694|Elyria OH
People just need to pull their heads out of there asses. How stupid and brain dead can Muslims be?
Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6687

dragon102 wrote:

People just need to pull their heads out of there asses. How stupid and brain dead can Muslims be?
Stupid as Americans.
dragon102
+0|6694|Elyria OH

Berserk_Vampire wrote:

dragon102 wrote:

Stupid as Americans.
So you agree with killing a cartoonist for a million dollars Ahh bravo.
wannabe_tank_whore
+5|6776

What did the cartoonists do?
Digital Aura
Git R Dun
+18|6660|Ontario, Canada
Why do they have to be so RADICAL about everything? Is there moderacy in Islam? No...they never slap someone's hands for bad behaviour...they end up chopping the whole hand off.
They are not only quick to react rashly, they are usually OVER-REACTING. I'm really gettin' sick of the whole thing too.
I was against the whole USA in Iraq thing before...now I just wish that USA didn't screw it up so bad, and could rally the support of other nations to finish the job in Iraq AND in Iran, Pakistan, Palistine, etc.
Ok...so that's rash too. But you can't leave them alone to duke it out...they can't be trusted to be left alone...and they're crazy enough (Iran!) to do something outrageous. Guys...WWIII is lookin' VERY possible! Look at what started the first and second World Wars...they weren't NEAR as contentious as the issues today!!
wannabe_tank_whore
+5|6776

Digital Aura wrote:

Why do they have to be so RADICAL about everything? Is there moderacy in Islam? No...they never slap someone's hands for bad behaviour...they end up chopping the whole hand off.
They are not only quick to react rashly, they are usually OVER-REACTING. I'm really gettin' sick of the whole thing too.
I was against the whole USA in Iraq thing before...now I just wish that USA didn't screw it up so bad, and could rally the support of other nations to finish the job in Iraq AND in Iran, Pakistan, Palistine, etc.
Ok...so that's rash too. But you can't leave them alone to duke it out...they can't be trusted to be left alone...and they're crazy enough (Iran!) to do something outrageous. Guys...WWIII is lookin' VERY possible! Look at what started the first and second World Wars...they weren't NEAR as contentious as the issues today!!
Where do I sign up?  I would love to use our new AA now that it's so awesome and real life like!!  And give me a new L96A1 sniper... I couldn't miss if I tried.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard