Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6627

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Then why did most of their kids turn into such people? Surely parenting is the issue on such a large scale.
Rock in Roll.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6697|Oxferd Ohire
black music
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6627

RTHKI wrote:

black music
I wasn't going to go there.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6583|Little Bentcock

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Then why did most of their kids turn into such people? Surely parenting is the issue on such a large scale.
Because maybe they were rebelling against their strict parents? Free love, equal rights for all, equal opportunities for rich and poor, sticking it to the man?

What better way to rebel than to go against everything your parents taught you?

you know, hippies n shit.

Last edited by Adams_BJ (2012-05-16 23:45:38)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6635|Canberra, AUS
People are too quick to point to parenting as the cause for everything. People gain intellectual independence a lot quicker than they suspect.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6735|Noizyland

I blame War Man's parents for fucking him up.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5139|Sydney

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Do you blame your parents for making it hard for you to get with chicks and join the marines?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6066|eXtreme to the maX
I blame Sh1fty's parents.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6735|Noizyland

Also genetics.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6627

Every person I've met or seen that resembles Sh1fty were ackward and terrible with girls.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5434|Ventura, California

Jaekus wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Do you blame your parents for making it hard for you to get with chicks and join the marines?
Yes, yes I do.

My mom is the one who kept me away from 90% of all my friends in Switzerland because they were a "bad influence" then in 6th grade I got rebellious and she pulled me out of public school. Even less contact with other peeps. So I got into gaming. She put me back into public school later though.

Yeah if my parents didn't move from the U.S. to Switzerland I would have had a US highschool diploma instead of a Swiss one and I wouldn't have to get x amount of credits to get in. They couldn't help it but they also gave me shitty eyesight.

This isn't a grudge I hold against them on a daily basis or even ever mention to them, to be honest. I don't really "Blame" them but a lot of things are a product of their work.

That's a little far-fetched and harsh though I take half of that back
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Adams_BJ
I still don't get why you're working so hard on your education to get into the marines
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

Adams_BJ wrote:

I still don't get why you're working so hard on your education to get into the marines
Good things come with hard effort. (MEPS might make short work of crushing my goal but it's worth a try.) Still wish I could figure out WTF is wrong with my eyes. Still good enough to drive though so I won't complain tooo much...

Right now, baby boomers. What exactly is the "official" years of birth that applies to? I've heard 1945-1950, 1945-1960, etc.
Adams_BJ

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

Good things come with hard effort. (MEPS might make short work of crushing my goal but it's worth a try.) Still wish I could figure out WTF is wrong with my eyes. Still good enough to drive though so I won't complain tooo much...

Right now, baby boomers. What exactly is the "official" years of birth that applies to? I've heard 1945-1950, 1945-1960, etc.
yeah, but usually strive so hard with their education to AVOID the military. Why don't you go to college and go in as an officer?
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6735|Noizyland

-Sh1fty- wrote:

The Baby Boom was pretty much the peak in birth rates from around 1946 to the end of the 1950s when it started dropping again. Pretty much the 15-20 year period from the end of World War 2.
[Blinking eyes thing]
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6458

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Still wish I could figure out WTF is wrong with my eyes.
you have anal glaucoma. pull your head out of your ass, you should be able to see then.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6735|Noizyland

Lol 13urned.
[Blinking eyes thing]
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Even I have to high five Burnz on that one
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6674|Purplicious Wisconsin

Ty wrote:

Also genetics.
My genes are fine, thank you very much.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|4996|Massachusetts, USA

War Man wrote:

Ty wrote:

Also genetics.
My genes are fine, thank you very much.
No they arent. You have the stalker/murderer gene.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6066|eXtreme to the maX
Currently reading 'The Great Crash Ahead'.
If you don't understand why you should hate baby-boomers then read this book.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5318|London, England
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6458

that's all well and good, unless you don't have children . . .
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6677|Riva, MD

Adams_BJ wrote:

According to this:

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joiningt … faqged.htm

You don't absolutely need one but if you don't have one, they have a quota for how many dropouts they allow in per year depending on branch(Marine Corps only allows 5% of recruits per year to be dropouts) and you'll have to make up for it by showing a lot of aptitude through the ASVAB

I've heard from an Army recruiter on career day in High School a few years ago that it has never been harder to get into the military than it is now, everybody's flocking to it for the benefits and the financial security, and as such the demands from recruits are higher; you have to be not only smarter but in better shape than you used to have to be to actually get in.

My dad has really been pressuring me to go into the Air Force lately because he's done some reading about just how fucked my generation is financially and how we won't have virtually anything at all except the money we've statistically been shown as a generation to save very well and horde like adopted children with food.  In the military, you go in, you get paid well enough to start off, they provide living accomodations, they feed you, they pay for your school for whatever you do so you can get hired somewhere else after if it's not for you, and if you do the full 20 years, there's your guaranteed retirement right there at 40 years old where most people very likely will not be able to until they're dead now if predictions are right.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2012-07-21 19:09:23)

War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6674|Purplicious Wisconsin
Marines absolutely have no benefits though, it's all about being a Marine.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard