Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6461
arma was a shitty game and yeah shifty's posts and opinions are pretty laughable

though i keep laughing at his cluelessness and naivety because he gets mad that i think his opinions suck

(they do)
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5464|Ventura, California
You don't think ArmA II was a fun game? I enjoyed it
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6461
i find those games completely boring, terribly optimized, and generally fraught with gameplay issues. i haven't played them much though.

the early americas army games were great. the first few versions, i mean. for military sim. those actually fostered a semi-competitive community, as well.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Roc18
`
+655|5781|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
>Ctrl + F thread
>Battlefield 2142
>No results
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6461
because 2142 was a mediocre game, competitively speaking, and very average otherwise.

i still have no idea why some of you guys here on bf2s actually really like 2142.

coincidentally you're all the younger members, too
Roc18
`
+655|5781|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

Uzique wrote:

because 2142 was a mediocre game, competitively speaking, and very average otherwise.

i still have no idea why some of you guys here on bf2s actually really like 2142.

More variety in game modes (Titan Mode, Assault Lines)
Great Maps
New Vehicle types such as battlewalker and titan

I thought it was unique.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

Uzique wrote:

I liked that the medic packs no longer instantly healed you and they were progressive. I didn't like that LMGs got more accurate the longer you fired though. PK-74 rockets were freaking genius and amazing! Were great eradicating tools but on some 64p servers it would become PK spam fests.

I think the overall ingenuity and creativity that the game offered is what made it so popular. It was very original and fresh. There were so many new aspects like futuristic theme, new weapons, new vehicles, battle walkers, gunships, titans, hover-tanks, motion mines, ECM frags, etc. They all added a new aspect of gaming that otherwise wasn't to be found anywhere. I think BF2142 was the epitome of Battlefield greatness. It combined all the good aspects from the previous Battlefield games and then added some awesomesauce on top, thus making it, in my opinion, my favorite Battlefield game.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6613|Little Bentcock
2142 was terrible
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
So was your mom but I never stopped
Adams_BJ
you wouldn't even know where to stick it
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6727|Oxferd Ohire
ear?
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Adams_BJ
shit
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6461

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Uzique wrote:

I liked that the medic packs no longer instantly healed you and they were progressive. I didn't like that LMGs got more accurate the longer you fired though. PK-74 rockets were freaking genius and amazing! Were great eradicating tools but on some 64p servers it would become PK spam fests.

I think the overall ingenuity and creativity that the game offered is what made it so popular. It was very original and fresh. There were so many new aspects like futuristic theme, new weapons, new vehicles, battle walkers, gunships, titans, hover-tanks, motion mines, ECM frags, etc. They all added a new aspect of gaming that otherwise wasn't to be found anywhere. I think BF2142 was the epitome of Battlefield greatness. It combined all the good aspects from the previous Battlefield games and then added some awesomesauce on top, thus making it, in my opinion, my favorite Battlefield game.
okay yeah, i can take your and roc's comments here. some of the gamemodes were original and it was a nice change. the titan gamemode was very different and fun. but the execution of the game sucked balls: it didn't play very well, it was a glitch o'rama and just generally had lots of niggling little annoyances.

my main gripe was the whole crouch+perfect aim thing with LMG's. it felt like the gunplay was dumbed down significantly from bf2. as was the movement. so i just couldn't take it seriously as a 'high-level' fps.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Ah yes that I do remember now. There were quite a funny annoying glitches, The worst one for me was the transport ship's gun on the right side did 0 damage on the EU team. It was some type of bug. I used to fly around with 2 other friends in the PAC transport ship and we'd absolutely dominate everything in sight.

Movement was quite an issue too. It felt sluggish compared to BF2. I still enjoyed the game more though, but I arrived to BF2 pretty late so I never really experienced it's glory days, but rather, the beginning of it's slow, very slow, death.

I did say LMGs were pretty gay. I did love the Shuko though

Other than those three issues, The game was a solid 9.5/10. I miss those NOS buggies
Adams_BJ
I dont even remember the guns names.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6461
i remember the Voss cause everyone cried about it
Adams_BJ
hey that was that AR wasn't it?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6461
yeah it made a funny kinda metal flechette sound
Adams_BJ
was that for the team with the lion or the team with the logo I cant remember
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
I never could get used to the Voss. It had 40 rounds but it did very little damage and the recoil was ridiculous. Everybody whined about it being a deadly laser but I never could use the thing. My favorite weapon was the BAUR H-AR. Had 20 rounds and was more like a battle rifle. BAUR = Brad's automatic uber-rifle

The default guns were also very fun and effective to use, kind of like in BF3. I enjoyed the Krylov and the SCAR a lot. I never could use the sniper rifles though. I sucked with them in BF2 as well though. Can't hit targets moving sideways for the life of me. Come to think of it the only games I was good at sniping with was Call of Duty 2, 4 and 5; and Bad Company 2
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6461
oh yeah the baur was that one that basically took like 3-4 shots to kill someone. it was pretty meaty.

overall though the weps in 2142 sucked. none of them had any refinement or really demanded a player use them for a long time to get good.

it all felt a bit empty and tactless.
Adams_BJ
so many words
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

Uzique wrote:

oh yeah the baur was that one that basically took like 3-4 shots to kill someone. it was pretty meaty.

overall though the weps in 2142 sucked. none of them had any refinement or really demanded a player use them for a long time to get good.

it all felt a bit empty and tactless.
Could you elaborate? I really loved how each weapon truly felt different and required different playing styles. I don't understand when you say it felt empty.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6461
none of them were very difficult or had any real learning curve. i don't know, it's a hard thing to explain in words. in some games, the weapons just feel substantial and like the person wielding it has a lot of skill with that weapon, for e.g. in cod1/cod2, the rifles and semi-autos were lethal in the right hands. you could just tell someone knew their shit and had practiced a lot. the same with bf2 m16/ak/rpk/whatever. there are certain guns that just unlock a godmode status when someone practises with them enough. i never really got that feeling in 2142. all the guns were fairly generic and there wasn't much to them. this was made a lot worse by the awful movement system. you can't have a good shooting system without a good movement system to go with it, tbh.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6096|eXtreme to the maX
Delta Force - Black Hawk Down
And there was a manic FPS game with a flamethrower and bikin-clad slaughter-bots around the same time the name of which I can't remember.
Could have been Soldier of Fortune or something similar.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard