-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6659|BC, Canada
I don't think either candidate is gonna do anything great, or really even good, for you guys. Better luck next time around?

Last edited by -Whiteroom- (2012-09-20 09:57:43)

Frank Reynolds
+65|4329

-Whiteroom- wrote:

I don't think either candidate is gonna do anything great, or really even good, for you guys. Better luck next time around?
better luck?  i am fine.  i control my life not these guys.  at least i am not in spain, greece, or italy so im good.  thank you for your concern though.  we value feedback from foreigners.
What are you looking at dicknose
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6659|BC, Canada
oh franky.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Frank Reynolds wrote:

he is bad but still way better than nobama.
We don't know that, but if he wins, I doubt we'll see much of a difference.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5037|Massachusetts, USA
Why is this even a thread anymore?

We all know that Romney has torpedoed his campaign.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

Rmoney acted as though he didn't really want it, tbh. i think he's trolling the neocons.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6000|...
WHEN Mitt Romney was governor of liberal Massachusetts, he supported abortion, gun control, tackling climate change and a requirement that everyone should buy health insurance, backed up with generous subsidies for those who could not afford it. Now, as he prepares to fly to Tampa to accept the Republican Party’s nomination for president on August 30th, he opposes all those things. A year ago he favoured keeping income taxes at their current levels; now he wants to slash them for everybody, with the rate falling from 35% to 28% for the richest Americans.

All politicians flip-flop from time to time; but Mr Romney could win an Olympic medal in it (see article). And that is a pity, because this newspaper finds much to like in the history of this uncharismatic but dogged man, from his obvious business acumen to the way he worked across the political aisle as governor to get health reform passed and the state budget deficit down. We share many of his views about the excessive growth of regulation and of the state in general in America, and the effect that this has on investment, productivity and growth.
\

full TE article; http://www.economist.com/node/21560864? … 9fd9577f0e

Going by his history I don't think he could ever genuinely push whatever agenda has been handed to him.

Last edited by Shocking (2012-09-20 15:36:31)

inane little opines
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England
He's the anti-idealogue. He'll say whatever it takes to get elected and never make the mistake of presenting substantive ideas of his own that he wouldn't be able to abandon if found unpopular.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

Jay wrote:

Varegg wrote:

You guys are such twats ... I didn't say he got elected by a landslide because he is black or that he is being blocked solely because he is black, but then again you can't really dismiss the fact that he is black has somewhat to do with it ...

So racism is a problem but not in politics? ... what an amazingly ignorant observation ...
You truly believe that the Republicans in Congress are blocking his legislation from passing because he is black? You honestly believe that? They're politicians, they would spit on their own mother if she was of the wrong political party.

The only people who accuse the opposition of racism are the zealots that can't understand how anyone could possibly have a different viewpoint from their own. Racism is the easy rationalization for these types of people. Why else wouldn't everyone want 'free healthcare', 'free education' etc.

Besides, for every white person that voted against the guy because he was black, just as many people voted him into office precisely because he was black. White guilt, black people wanting one of their own in office etc. It's a retarded argument.

You blame zealots for not understanding a different viewpoint while you two seconds later call an argumented retarded because you don't agree ... good going Jay ;-)
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5179|Sydney

UnkleRukus wrote:

Pretty much. If he wins from here I will be utterly amazed.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

UnkleRukus wrote:

Obama still leads by only three points. Not great for an incumbent, especially after his supposed "bump." I'm fairly positive that he'll still win, though, but don't really have any strong feelings about it whichever way it goes.

Giant douche, turd sandwich.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX
Obama barely beat McCain-Palin, that by itself is incredible.

This election could go either way.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6715|US
RCP has him up by 56 in the electoral college count.  Romney would need to win the majority of the current toss-ups to win.  With Romney polling behind by 3ish points, I doubt that will happen.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6411|'Murka

Jay wrote:

He's the anti-idealogue. He'll say whatever it takes to get elected and never make the mistake of presenting substantive ideas of his own that he wouldn't be able to abandon if found unpopular.
Much like one of the most beloved Presidents of recent memory: Bill Clinton.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

Dilbert_X wrote:

Obama had a huge landslide victory electoral college wise.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

Cybargs wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Obama had a huge landslide victory electoral college wise.
and a congress.

nigga found a roadblock when the 2010 elections happened, and the republicants found a new use for the filibuster.
FEOS
+1,182|6411|'Murka

God forbid we exercise the system of checks and balances. What a fucking horror show.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

FEOS wrote:

God forbid we exercise the system of checks and balances. What a fucking horror show.
oh yes Mr. FEOS, congress is using it's constitutional given power - in the house to not bring bills to vote, and in the senate to filibuster. the congress is not acting partisan at all, our countries credit downgrade and the sequestration are natural events that just happened, we don't have a farm bill for the first time, and the esteemed Senator from Kentucky didn't proclaim that it's the republicants goal to see Mr. Obama serve only one term.

you seem to think this is a partisan issue when i'm seeing it as a governance issue - the republicants are boo-hooing because they aren't in the white house and the demicants are crying because they don't have access to the purse strings of congress. there's plenty of blame to go around but what America does not have is time. while both sides are crying, nothing gets done and business of governance goes undone. i hope the fiscal cliff wakes up voters of every party, and i hope one day America has the backbone to enact term limits and campaign reform.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England
Regarding the farm bill... thank christ. Government sponsored cartels are bad mmmkay?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
FEOS
+1,182|6411|'Murka

13urnzz wrote:

FEOS wrote:

oh yes Mr. FEOS, congress is using it's constitutional given power - in the house to not bring bills to vote, and in the senate to filibuster. the congress is not acting partisan at all, our countries credit downgrade and the sequestration are natural events that just happened, we don't have a farm bill for the first time, and the esteemed Senator from Kentucky didn't proclaim that it's the republicants goal to see Mr. Obama serve only one term.

you seem to think this is a partisan issue when i'm seeing it as a governance issue - the republicants are boo-hooing because they aren't in the white house and the demicants are crying because they don't have access to the purse strings of congress. there's plenty of blame to go around but what America does not have is time. while both sides are crying, nothing gets done and business of governance goes undone. i hope the fiscal cliff wakes up voters of every party, and i hope one day America has the backbone to enact term limits and campaign reform.
I never said it was a partisan issue. Only one of us is laying blame at the feet of either/both party(ies).

Congress doesn't exist to rubberstamp Executive branch initiatives. Nor does the Judicial branch. Filibuster is an accepted (though not necessarily acceptable) part of the debate process, and is used by both parties extensively. The House has attempted budgetary fixes, but the Senate either doesn't allow a vote on them or votes them down...and the President would veto any House budget initiative, anyway.

The House blocking White House spending initiatives are their attempt to get the government to reign in spending--as well as an attempt to parade around what they see as the Administration's shortcomings in fiscal policy.

There will be no "budget showdown" until after the election; Congress passed a funding bill right before they left session.

I'd much rather have gridlock than rubberstamping--regardless of the parties involved. It means Congress is at least attempting to do their job...and apparently nobody in either branch has heard of the phrase, "First, do no harm."
― Albert Einstein

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6153|what

There was already a budget showdown, and the result was a lowered credit rating.

It's all well and good to have checks and balances, but this House has been one of record filibusters and zero jobs bills.

The GOP stance was to make the "Obama" economy look as bad as possible by passing nothing that would improve it.

But what can you expect from the party that says “Our number one priority is making Obama a one-term president.” ?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
FEOS
+1,182|6411|'Murka

What a short memory you have, AR. What's it like for history to have started in 2010?
― Albert Einstein

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6153|what

You'd love it, since you don't have to mention George Bush at all.

Which is kind of the Republican motto these days, anyway.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX
George who?

Its Obama's fault the economy is in the shit and Aghanistan isn't a plutocracy yet.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Frank Reynolds
+65|4329
obama did a great job as a community leader in chicago with 57 homicides in august alone.
What are you looking at dicknose

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard