Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS

Cybargs wrote:

We almost have the same issue with you guys here in Aus. Instead of tax deductions its welfare payments, which is 132 BILLION dollars for a pop of 21 mil... which is running around 5,000 PER HEAD, which is around 50% of the federal governments budget.
At least we're having a legit discussion about middle class welfare tbf. Even if it's a nauseating one at times as we realise just how deep the whingeing culture goes.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6497

For someone who has continually bashed obama's foreign policy, even claiming the arab demonstrations would not have happened under his strong leadership -

Romney suggested that the best U.S. policy may be to “hope for some degree of stability, but you recognize that this is going to remain an unsolved problem. We live with that in China and Taiwan. All right, we have a potentially volatile situation, but we sort of live with it, and we kick the ball down the field and hope that ultimately, somehow, something will happen and resolve it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ … story.html

i guess The Mittster has adopted obama's hope and change . . .

Last edited by 13urnzz (2012-09-18 21:23:01)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

Spark wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

We almost have the same issue with you guys here in Aus. Instead of tax deductions its welfare payments, which is 132 BILLION dollars for a pop of 21 mil... which is running around 5,000 PER HEAD, which is around 50% of the federal governments budget.
At least we're having a legit discussion about middle class welfare tbf. Even if it's a nauseating one at times as we realise just how deep the whingeing culture goes.
They should just cut taxes instead of providing most "middle class" centrelink payments. The only people who really need it are uni students who are independent and lower income households. Using a tax cut instead of providing welfare would definitely get a lot of people out of the welfare trap.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Spark
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS
there's not gonna be any serious tax cuts for a while (which is probably not necessarily a terrible thing if by tax cuts you mean the costello cash splashes of the mid-00s). we have a serious problem with our revenue base in this country.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX
I suppose it didn't occur to Rmoney that people might not be paying taxes because they're self-sufficient?
Isn't living on a ranch, growing your own undergarments and trading with your neighbours without govt intervention or taxation the theoretical dream of the pie-eyed loons in the GOP?

There was an article somewhere recently about the total separation of the country-club ruling elite from the real world and real people. The go from gated community to private school to Harvard to a cushy job their daddy got them and never get any experience or their loony ideas challenged. I guess this is the consequence.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2012-09-19 03:27:49)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Spark wrote:

there's not gonna be any serious tax cuts for a while (which is probably not necessarily a terrible thing if by tax cuts you mean the costello cash splashes of the mid-00s). we have a serious problem with our revenue base in this country.
When the average 'battler family' is paying no tax they're not really battling.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6153|what

Jay wrote:

edit - Oh, and blaming it on racism... lol.
You're familiar with the GOP "Southern Strategy" though, right?

You'd be a fool to think the repubs don't still drop a dog whistle every now and again to appeal to the racists.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

Spark wrote:

Or just cut centrelink, keep tax rates and bring in more government revenue or spend it at least on healhcare and education
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6191|Roma
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/564382_349194215168266_1366373602_n.jpg
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Spark
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS

Cybargs wrote:

Spark wrote:

Or just cut centrelink, keep tax rates and bring in more government revenue or spend it at least on healhcare and education
which leads to debates like resource rent taxation, like broadening the gst or shifting over to more consumption based taxes (of which the carbon tax is one) - but we aren't having these debates properly, because the govt is too busy trying not to get killed next year and the opp is too busy going STOP THE ____

Last edited by Spark (2012-09-19 18:24:37)

~ Richard Feynman
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6497

Okay, let me see if i understand this -

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2012/se … -gop-stil/

Democrats wrote the bill with a healthy measure of bipartisan support: Eight of the 12 provisions in the bill were Republican-generated ideas, according to Sen. Patty Murray, chairwoman of the Senate’s Veterans Affairs Committee.
The measure failed, 58 - 40

failed. by negative 18 votes, on bipartisan legislation for jobs for returning veterans. how did it fail?

4 republicant senators that co-sponsored the bill filibustered it.

why? so obama can't say he passed a jobs bill 6 weeks before the general election. even if it was for returning troops.

good game, republicant senators.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5178|Sydney
That's the way with politics these days, fuck everyone over so you can make the current government look bad so you can then harp on about how shit they are and try to get elected yourself. These guys are never accountable and it sickens me how much politicians get away with.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6742|FUCK UBISOFT

https://i.imgur.com/tflkP.png
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

Gary Johnson is just Obama and Romney +6% I guess
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6810|Nårvei

Jay wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Jay wrote:

I'm fairly sure it's been like that for the past 200 years.
It's definately much worse now that ever before, the kind of childish bickering the last years between dems and reps have no historical equal ... Obamas hands are tied behind hvis back by reps that can't allow a black president to suceed where Bush failed ... simple statement but not far off ...
Really? We've had a Senator club another over the head with his cane on the Senate floor. Our second President forced his VP to cool his heels for four years because he was of a different political party.

You sound like one of those people always searching for the end of the world, convinced that it will happen during his own lifetime. What's been going on these last two years is nothing compared to the obstructionism of the past.

There's an old saying: "If Democrats and Republicans agree, you better check your wallet because you just got robbed."

lol all you want Jay but fact is your country struggles with racism like that in every aspect of your society ... Obama is hated by many Americans just because he's black and that he got blacks to vote in a much larger scale than ever before.

As I said a simple statement but not far off from the truth ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6715|US
Varegg, sure, some people are racist.  That is not disputed.  However, how many of them there are, and how much of an influence they have on the Republican party is in dispute. 

Saying
Obamas hands are tied behind hvis back by reps that can't allow a black president to suceed where Bush failed
is attributing quite a lot of power to an unknown number of republicans who you claim are just doing this because of racism. 
Frankly, I'd like to see some sort of data or reasoning other than "Republicans are objecting, therefore they hate the President because he is black."
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

13urnzz wrote:

Okay, let me see if i understand this -

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2012/se … -gop-stil/

Democrats wrote the bill with a healthy measure of bipartisan support: Eight of the 12 provisions in the bill were Republican-generated ideas, according to Sen. Patty Murray, chairwoman of the Senate’s Veterans Affairs Committee.
The measure failed, 58 - 40

failed. by negative 18 votes, on bipartisan legislation for jobs for returning veterans. how did it fail?

4 republicant senators that co-sponsored the bill filibustered it.

why? so obama can't say he passed a jobs bill 6 weeks before the general election. even if it was for returning troops.

good game, republicant senators.
lol Govt for the people eh?

They'd scupper a democrat bill whatever colour he was, but there's no denying racism is alive and active there.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2012-09-20 02:52:49)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

Varegg wrote:

Jay wrote:

Varegg wrote:

It's definately much worse now that ever before, the kind of childish bickering the last years between dems and reps have no historical equal ... Obamas hands are tied behind hvis back by reps that can't allow a black president to suceed where Bush failed ... simple statement but not far off ...
Really? We've had a Senator club another over the head with his cane on the Senate floor. Our second President forced his VP to cool his heels for four years because he was of a different political party.

You sound like one of those people always searching for the end of the world, convinced that it will happen during his own lifetime. What's been going on these last two years is nothing compared to the obstructionism of the past.

There's an old saying: "If Democrats and Republicans agree, you better check your wallet because you just got robbed."

lol all you want Jay but fact is your country struggles with racism like that in every aspect of your society ... Obama is hated by many Americans just because he's black and that he got blacks to vote in a much larger scale than ever before.

As I said a simple statement but not far off from the truth ...
Blacks usually vote democrat anyway. So Obama's so hated that he got elected by a landslide wat.
Spark
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS
find that kind of odd tbh

i don't think the racist voting bloc is something that would have really bothered dems whether obama was running or not. i mean we had the whole bradley effect thing last time round - turned out more of the opposite happened.
~ Richard Feynman
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6810|Nårvei

You guys are such twats ... I didn't say he got elected by a landslide because he is black or that he is being blocked solely because he is black, but then again you can't really dismiss the fact that he is black has somewhat to do with it ...

So racism is a problem but not in politics? ... what an amazingly ignorant observation ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5358|London, England

Varegg wrote:

You guys are such twats ... I didn't say he got elected by a landslide because he is black or that he is being blocked solely because he is black, but then again you can't really dismiss the fact that he is black has somewhat to do with it ...

So racism is a problem but not in politics? ... what an amazingly ignorant observation ...
You truly believe that the Republicans in Congress are blocking his legislation from passing because he is black? You honestly believe that? They're politicians, they would spit on their own mother if she was of the wrong political party.

The only people who accuse the opposition of racism are the zealots that can't understand how anyone could possibly have a different viewpoint from their own. Racism is the easy rationalization for these types of people. Why else wouldn't everyone want 'free healthcare', 'free education' etc.

Besides, for every white person that voted against the guy because he was black, just as many people voted him into office precisely because he was black. White guilt, black people wanting one of their own in office etc. It's a retarded argument.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254

this is the best the repubs have? hahahaha

american politics is fucking amazing

Last edited by aynrandroolz (2012-09-20 08:48:08)

Frank Reynolds
+65|4329
he is bad but still way better than nobama.

and varegg obama is bush policy on steroids so keep beating the same old blame bush for everything drum.
What are you looking at dicknose
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6411|'Murka

November 6th can't get here soon enough. Then all the hyperpartisan bullshit will stop...oh wai-

Probably not. Nevermind. Carry on, then.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard