Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6144|...
Is it, really? Pretty much everyone in Europe will always prefer a democrat candidate because of our cultural bias in approach to US politics. There are certain standard recurring GOP policy preferences which will always clash with what is deemed right in this part of the world. Even if a GOP candidate will ever be preferred it will more than likely be because he has a bigger 'rockstar' persona than his political opponent, people here know squat about US politics.

Lecturers on America studies routinely ask during lectures if there's anyone who could name 3 policy proposals of either candidates - keep in mind this is on a uni where people are on average more informed and smarter in general. Nobody ever answers the question - simply because they don't know, or care. Yet almost all hands are raised if questioned who prefers Obama over Romney.

I always ask the same question whenever some moron talks to me about US politics and tells me Romney is "such an idiot". Never got an answer. Pisses me off a little tbh.

Last edited by Shocking (2012-11-05 14:25:25)

inane little opines
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5688|Toronto
I'm calling it: Obama wins Ohio. Ohio decides the election.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
BVC
+325|6840
What is Romney's position on the steaming pile of sovereignty-eroding shit which is the TPP? (Trans Pacific Partnership)

Last edited by BVC (2012-11-05 16:07:32)

Frank Reynolds
+65|4474

Jaekus wrote:

It's only relevant when it comes to foreign policy. Not sure how the US perceived Bush but the rest of the world thought he was a blithering idiot.
yet they followed his choices....go world?
What are you looking at dicknose
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6298|what

Frank Reynolds wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

It's only relevant when it comes to foreign policy. Not sure how the US perceived Bush but the rest of the world thought he was a blithering idiot.
yet they followed his choices....go world?
That's what happens when you lie to the UN.

And when you do descent, you're labelled as the "old Europe" and suddenly French fries are termed "freedom fries"

'murica!
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6642

BVC wrote:

What is Romney's position on the steaming pile of sovereignty-eroding shit which is the TPP? (Trans Pacific Partnership)
what's rmoney's position on anything? there isn't a republicant that is telling the truth if they tell you.

he hasn't stated anything definitive, on anything. the only thing he has declared with conviction and truth is "I want to be President of the United States of America"
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6917|PNW

Shocking wrote:

Ty wrote:

What would happen if the rest of the world got to pick the US Presidential race?

Looks decisive but I'd be interested to see the one ranked by support for Romney.
I really don't understand why these polls are even made. Random people around the world know even less about US politics than the average American voter, half of them barely know who Mitt Romney is save for stupid soundbites that circle round the globe. Not to mention that the thought itself is fucking ludicrous.
I'd imagine that a lot of random people around the world know far more about US politics than the average American voter.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6861

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Shocking wrote:

Ty wrote:

What would happen if the rest of the world got to pick the US Presidential race?

Looks decisive but I'd be interested to see the one ranked by support for Romney.
I really don't understand why these polls are even made. Random people around the world know even less about US politics than the average American voter, half of them barely know who Mitt Romney is save for stupid soundbites that circle round the globe. Not to mention that the thought itself is fucking ludicrous.
I'd imagine that a lot of random people around the world know far more about US politics than the average American voter.
like a bunch of random pakistani's and chinese citizens?

sure, they know everything about american politics with their great access to the internet.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6917|PNW

Interviewer: What's the capital of your state?
American interviewee: Uhhh...
Interviewer: Who is your state's governor?
Interviewer: Roe vs Wade?
Interviewer: President of the US...COME ON!
European interviewee: Barack Obama. Can I take over now?
Interviewer: *facepalm*
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6820|Canberra, AUS

Cybargs wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Shocking wrote:

sure, they know everything about american politics with their great access to the internet.
well, with a caveat: i think pakistanis would know a hell of a lot more about the drone program than your average ohio swing state voter.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6861

Spark wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

well, with a caveat: i think pakistanis would know a hell of a lot more about the drone program than your average ohio swing state voter.
one policy which would never change.

the whole opinion are mostly based on foreign policies anyway. funny how obama is bush 2.0 but the rest of the world love him.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6820|Canberra, AUS
yeah, it's amusing. i still haven't seen anyone cogently argue that there is a fundamental policy difference (hell, even a non-fundamental policy difference) between the two on FP (as opposed to a character difference, which is a rather different thing)
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6861

Spark wrote:

yeah, it's amusing. i still haven't seen anyone cogently argue that there is a fundamental policy difference (hell, even a non-fundamental policy difference) between the two on FP (as opposed to a character difference, which is a rather different thing)
south park got it right, you can't blame black people nowadays for anything.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6838
I wonder if Obama wants to still be president. Seems like a shitty job.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5847|College Park, MD
It does. Vice President however...
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6861
he aged a lot from all that stress
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6917|PNW

If you don't have an "official signature," you better get one.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/07/us/po … tions.html
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5323|Sydney
It would be interesting to know if they can see the vote before assessing the signature.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6917|PNW

Jaekus wrote:

It would be interesting to know if they can see the vote before assessing the signature.
In Washington, you enclose your ballot in a secrecy envelope, which is in turn enclosed in the mailing/drop-box envelope. It is this outer-envelope that gets signed and dated (along with any other requested information).
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,813|6251|eXtreme to the maX

Extra Medium wrote:

What exactly was there for the GOP to learn in the first place?  1 bad president for the GOP making stupid decisions and suddenly everyone in the GOP is an idiot?
OK, so its all Bush's fault alone now? I thought the President had no real power and couldn't take decisions?
Bush was the GOP's dumb puppet, you can't deny that.

Billy Graham wrote:

I believe it is vitally important that we cast our ballots for candidates who base their decisions on biblical principles and support the nation of Israel.
C'mon guys, do the right thing, vote Israel.

Shocking wrote:

Maybe, however most people outside the US are as bemused that half the population is ready to vote for Romney as Americans would be if the British election were a 50:50 knife edge with Mr Bean one of the two (lol) candidates. (Not that Britain votes for PMs directly....)

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2012-11-06 00:34:55)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Frank Reynolds wrote:

Ty wrote:

the eu

oh ok i see the aussie heckling/trolling club is present and accounted for.

whats to explain?  the eu.  look at the mess of the eu right now.  there you go.
The EU is in better financial shape than the US right now.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6859|Purplicious Wisconsin

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Good thing I know those answers.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5323|Sydney
lol
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6298|what

War Man wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Roe vs Wade?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

War Man wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Four of those answers are "Uhhh..."

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2012-11-06 03:06:57)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard