rdx-fx
+955|6587
Shush. Details.

I wanna shove a congress critter up his "campaign speech generator", and lecture him on morality & ethics.

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6771|Noizyland

rdx-fx wrote:

Ty wrote:

Another joke I saw in a similar vein: "Sorry Rick, you can't abort your campaign after 20 weeks, you now have to carry it to term".
Oh! He's aborting his campaign?

Does that mean we get to stick a sonogram congressman up his ass, make him talk about his options, and lecture him about responsibility?
I highly recommend this for every politician.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6733|Oxferd Ohire

Dilbert_X wrote:

I thought he'd suspended his campaign, not ended it.
suspended his 2016 cmapaign
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6671|Canberra, AUS

Dilbert_X wrote:

that's so he can pay off his debts.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
rdx-fx
+955|6587

Spark wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

that's so he can pay off his debts.
"suspend", they can keep the money they've been donated.
"ended", they have to give back the money.
IIRC
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6671|Canberra, AUS
basically.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
A2TG2
Hazbeen
+67|4521|at your six
Heads we lose, tails we lose
13rin
+977|6475
with one we lose more though...
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6149|what

Just don't mention Bush.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
specops10-4
+108|6739|In the hills
Ron Paul 2012, althoght I support Barrack over Mitt Romney, Ron Paul is the only one that actually has a beating heart...
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5582

Ron Paul is literally the worst person you can vote for. Especially if you are favoring Obama over Romney.
specops10-4
+108|6739|In the hills

Macbeth wrote:

Ron Paul is literally the worst person you can vote for. Especially if you are favoring Obama over Romney.
Why?  Because he is open about his opinions and willing to do what it takes to change our shit around.  I feel as though Romney is a shell of a human being who only says what he needs to say to get elected, and Obama is as well but to a lesser degree.  We need someone who will return dignity to the position of president, someone who can lead the country, not a fucking plastic politician looking to enhance his political power.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5582

specops10-4 wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Why?  Because he is open about his opinions and willing to do what it takes to change our shit around.  I feel as though Romney is a shell of a human being who only says what he needs to say to get elected, and Obama is as well but to a lesser degree.  We need someone who will return dignity to the position of president, someone who can lead the country, not a fucking plastic politician looking to enhance his political power.
Well if you are picking a president based off of personality go for it. But if you are not: Ron Paul is as socially conservative as Rick Santorum and his economic positions would kill the U.S. economy.
specops10-4
+108|6739|In the hills

Macbeth wrote:

specops10-4 wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Well if you are picking a president based off of personality go for it. But if you are not: Ron Paul is as socially conservative as Rick Santorum and his economic positions would kill the U.S. economy.
Social issues are the least of my worries, and Ron Paul is for enforcing the laws we currently have in place, what a disaster.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6464

specops10-4 wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

specops10-4 wrote:

Social issues are the least of my worries, and Ron Paul is for enforcing the laws we currently have in place, what a disaster.
He's also for repealing some. Like civil rights, or income tax.
specops10-4
+108|6739|In the hills

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

specops10-4 wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

I seem to have a hard time finding credible sources backing this up.  Although repealing income tax may not be as crazy as it seems.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5582

specops10-4 wrote:

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

specops10-4 wrote:

I seem to have a hard time finding credible sources backing this up.  Although repealing income tax may not be as crazy as it seems.
http://www.ronpaul.com/on-the-issues/civil-rights-act/

Ron Pauls own words wrote:

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 gave the federal government unprecedented power over the hiring, employee relations, and customer service practices of every business in the country. The result was a massive violation of the rights of private property and contract, which are the bedrocks of free society. The federal government has no legitimate authority to infringe on the rights of private property owners to use their property as they please and to form (or not form) contracts with terms mutually agreeable to all parties. The rights of all private property owners, even those whose actions decent people find abhorrent, must be respected if we are to maintain a free society.
specops10-4
+108|6739|In the hills
I agree with the last sentence of what he said, although I disagree that it is a logical plan.  Why should someone be forced to accept people from a philosophical standing?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5582

Because excluding a sizable minority group from mainstream society isn't a good for the society.

It's a debate over individual rights over the good of society. This is one case that most people in this country can agree that the society takes precedence over the individual.

There is also an argument that states that you are protecting the rights of the people who are being refused service by forcing them to not be alienated.

Unrelated question: how old are you?
specops10-4
+108|6739|In the hills

Macbeth wrote:

Because excluding a sizable minority group from mainstream society isn't a good for the society.

It's a debate over individual rights over the good of society. This is one case that most people in this country can agree that the society takes precedence over the individual.

There is also an argument that states that you are protecting the rights of the people who are being refused service by forcing them to not be alienated.

Unrelated question: how old are you?
Yeah I cant really defend his stance on this subject because well, I don't really agree with him.  In most other aspects however he is very strong, atleast in the way of honorability and honesty.

I'm 21 and drunk as fuck right now cause it was my B-day this thursday.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5995|...
Clinton at the democrat convention:

One of the better presidents (and public speakers) the US has had post-WW2 imo.
inane little opines
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5995|...

my karma wrote:

lol i hope you're kidding. clinton was the start of the shitfuck that bush finished off. most of america's foreign fuckups stem from clinton policy.
How is this in any way true? First off the foreign policy issues the US deals with today (I assume you mean the 'war on terror' et al)  are connected to the cold war, not Clinton policy. Secondly, the Bush administration has an absolutely abysmal track record when it comes to foreign policy and foreign relations. Your allies are now far less supportive than they were years earlier, half the globe hates your guts and many foreign trouble spots were made worse. Only during his second term (and then the latter half of it) did things start improving.

Oh and during Clinton's tenure nobody took these areas of concern seriously, if I recall correctly most of his efforts to try and destroy certain threats were criticised heavily by the repubs.

Last edited by Shocking (2012-09-09 10:18:08)

inane little opines
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5354|London, England
Yes, because he took half measures and cared more about PR than he did about doing the job right.

Got us involved in Somalia -> escalated a peacekeeping mission and then pulled out as soon as bad press started rolling in regarding the Blackhawk Down stuff.

USS Cole rammed, US embassies bombed -> launch cruise missiles at an aspirin factory.

About the only thing he did right (and late I might add) was the war with Serbia over Bosnia and Kosovo.

I joined the military during the final few months he was in office and the utter disgust, hatred, and levels of mistrust that pretty much every person that served during his administration felt was rather amazing.

All that said, he did do some things right while he was in office. He had to face a conservative backlash that put people like Newt Gingrich in power, and he dealt with the Lewinsky bullshit, but he can be credited for some very significant reforms that set the country on the right track fiscally. It's a shame that his two successors have abjectly destroyed that legacy.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5995|...
Anything more than a bombing campaign or a missile strike would never have been accepted by congress. As I said, nobody took the threat seriously and imo I can't really blame people for that pre-2001. Up until that point the notion of some small group of fanatics being a serious danger to an entire nation and requiring considerable effort to be put down was considered dystopian fantasy and comic-booky kind of stuff.
inane little opines
jord
+2,382|6674|The North, beyond the wall.

Jay wrote:

About the only thing he did right (and late I might add) was the war with Serbia over Bosnia and Kosovo.
He was pretty key in bringing peace to the northern ireland troubles. I'd say that's another good thing.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard