Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6512|Stealth on Grand Bazaar
Well it's happened,

Pre-patch we knew there was no teamwork, we knew if you didn't have a buddy with you, 99% of the time you wouldn't be revived. We knew you'd find noobs running round corners without peeking. But now it has begun, a whole new phase of Battlefail 3 play - that of the SUPER CAMPER. Because suppression took such a buff not only do the majority of players run around aimlessly but when he seems an enemy, he hides, behind rock/tree or just the ground - and he STAYS there. He does not move from his spot until his is either dead, or gets a lucky kill. Usually the former.

Please use the M240B for maximum suppression and faill to hit the target until you've spent about 50 bullets trying (but don't worry, they won't be able to shoot back because of the ridiculous random spread under suppression). I've spent the past 2 days getting to grips with DICE's complete failure to test their patch and its reiterated my initial feelings regarding the general BF3 community. That of completely and utter retarded idiocy. I've been a member of bf2s for a number of years, and I'm glad there are people out there who share concerns and tips in a strong community atmosphere. But out there on the battlefield you'll find a whole host of fuck ups and retards who just shout 'noob' and 'l2p' at every opporunity but are actually complete shit at the game. Suppression has destroyed any form of fluid gameplay that might of existed pre-patch.

Every time I go on a random pub server alone I am appalled and baffled by peoples unwillingnes to follow the games primary aims - like reviving people for free points or capping flags. The patch has made all these things worse IMO.

The patch has brought us the following:

1) Increased unwillingness to revive under fire.
2) Increased the complete ignorance of objectives
3) Increased the unwillingness to advance
4) More and more campers or spamming support whores who don't actually have any ability, except to harness the pure stupidity of DICE's suppression buff.

Rant over.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6801|BC, Canada
QQ I find the opposite so far.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5895|Roma
I don't know what people are complaining about...i'm loving the game even more now.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6801|BC, Canada
yup, the weapons all seem different now, so is movement, loving it.
Collateralis
Beep bep.

-Whiteroom- wrote:

Can't say I'm seeing the movement improved. I think it's worse due to the suppressive effect. By all means buff suppression, but that was too much. I've come off a server where I repeatedly saw people sitting behind rocks under suppression and not moving. The only time I get decent gameplay is when I'm on TS with friends.
jord
+2,382|6820|The North, beyond the wall.
i run around firing like rambo now with the pkp, a gun id never really used pre patch
jsnipy
+3,276|6664|...

nighthawk843 wrote:

-Whiteroom- wrote:

Can't say I'm seeing the movement improved. I think it's worse due to the suppressive effect. By all means buff suppression, but that was too much. I've come off a server where I repeatedly saw people sitting behind rocks under suppression and not moving. The only time I get decent gameplay is when I'm on TS with friends.
Your support on your squad returns suppressive fire while the rest of your squad attempts to flank? Use smoke to break cover/change position?

Suppression is a bit harsher now, but you gotta deal with it.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6642|so randum
no i agree with the suppression thingy. your support LMG guy was meant to be the one laying down fire so everyone else can flank...now literally everything suppresses you it really does throw it all out of balance
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
jsnipy
+3,276|6664|...

FatherTed wrote:

no i agree with the suppression thingy. your support LMG guy was meant to be the one laying down fire so everyone else can flank...now literally everything suppresses you it really does throw it all out of balance
I think the quality of your cover should dictate the the intensity of the suppression. It does seem a bit over the top.
Collateralis
Beep bep.

jsnipy wrote:

I think the quality of your cover should dictate the the intensity of the suppression. It does seem a bit over the top.
I think this is spot on. Its a universal thing at present and not dictated by your environment.
jsnipy
+3,276|6664|...

Next question is, is this thing now more valuable ...

https://goo.gl/UI7le
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6642|so randum
for sure, i take that over sprint/ammo if no-one in squad has it
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6801|BC, Canada

jsnipy wrote:

Next question is, is this thing now more valuable ...

Pretty much always used it pre patch anyways.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6833|Devon, England
Is pistol aim still unaffected by suppression?
Roc18
`
+655|5933|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Machine gun + suppression buff + squad supp perk.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5651|America
Only thing you can really complain about is how fragile the tanks are lol.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6610
Problem is that the foregrip now increases deviation by fucking 50% while standing, and most people still have it equiped. You're exchanging what is between a 20-30% deduction in X-axis recoil for a 50% reduction in accuracy. The sniper rifles are not at all affected by the foregrip, as they have a base deviation of zero anyway. G3 and SKS will have less deviation than any automatic weapon even with the foregrip, but most of their recoil is Y-axis. Aside from those two and some of the ARs in some situations, you're better off ditching the grip. On any of the carbines or MGs, the foregrip is fucking catastrophic. MGs really have no reason not to be used with bipods now that they made them less finicky.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6801|BC, Canada
I did not know this about the foregrip.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6291|'straya
Heavy barrel now reduces spread by 50-75% while aiming down sights (depending on weapon). It's the new foregrip tbh.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6801|BC, Canada
Who wants bipod on AR though... guess its no perk there?
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6765|Little Bentcock

jsnipy wrote:

nighthawk843 wrote:

-Whiteroom- wrote:

Your support on your squad returns suppressive fire while the rest of your squad attempts to flank? Use smoke to break cover/change position?

Suppression is a bit harsher now, but you gotta deal with it.
that involves teamwork
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6295|what

FatherTed wrote:

for sure, i take that over sprint/ammo if no-one in squad has it
Extra frags or go home.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Collateralis
Beep bep.

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Problem is that the foregrip now increases deviation by fucking 50% while standing, and most people still have it equiped. You're exchanging what is between a 20-30% deduction in X-axis recoil for a 50% reduction in accuracy. The sniper rifles are not at all affected by the foregrip, as they have a base deviation of zero anyway. G3 and SKS will have less deviation than any automatic weapon even with the foregrip, but most of their recoil is Y-axis. Aside from those two and some of the ARs in some situations, you're better off ditching the grip. On any of the carbines or MGs, the foregrip is fucking catastrophic. MGs really have no reason not to be used with bipods now that they made them less finicky.
200-300x increase in bullet deviation whilst under suppression... It's clearly not been tested at all by DICE. If you add the reduction of foregrip accuracy it becomes ridiculous. I'm not saying there shouldn't be a suppression game mechanic, but come on, reduce the suppression level.

To me the concept of suppression in BF3 is wrong, the bullets flying around you and jarring your screen are supposed to keep your head down, or if you're in the open it's supposed to disorientate you. If I so choose to put my head up and return fire I can, I might die but suppression is unique to the soldiers perspective, you'll have idiots who lay down and stay there. It is not supposed to create a random bullet pattern when returning fire. That is ridiculous and can't be countered by skill. Even if I'm a better shot, and clearly if I'm being suppressed and not killed it is very likely, I have no control over the direction my bullets take even if I'm behind cover and return fire? Is that a joke on DICE's part?

See RivalXFactors demonstration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPP5OHk5 … AAAAAAAEAA

(He was using the SQ Cover perk, support guys firing at him were not even using SQ Sup)

You can see he has no control over where his bullet spread goes, suppression should not affect your aim that much!

P.S. Sounds as if they are fixing the suppression buff: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNptSCNw … AAAAAAACAA

Last edited by nighthawk843 (2012-04-02 02:13:40)

Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5320|Sydney

-Whiteroom- wrote:

QQ I find the opposite so far.
Likewise. If anything there is more teamwork and less camping.

If anything suppression forces players to move because they don't want to die.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5320|Sydney

jord wrote:

i run around firing like rambo now with the pkp, a gun id never really used pre patch
Do you scream whilst firing?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard