PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6192|Roma

Pubic wrote:

I'm not sure what to make of Scottish independance.  What will happen to the commonwealth in that case?
Nothing? NZ is as independent as Scotland is likely to be.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Cheeky_Ninja06
+52|6733|Cambridge, England

Jay wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

so the militaries of the nations of the eu are in the EU Army?  The president of the EU has more power than the heads of state of the EU nations?UK uses the euro?  etc etc etc
No, but it's trending that way quickly.
This.

I think ive stumbled into some sort of US centralization agenda debate of which I have very little knowledge but I stick to EU member states having more in common with US states than UK counties.

Also FYI UK and France now share aircraft carriers Also its pretty darn uncommon for one member of the EU to engage in military action without agreement from other members.

I pointed out in my first post that there isnt a EU "president" (yet) and that being the difference between US states, that EU currently has a little more autonomy but its certainly heading to make a US of E to rival the large trading powers of China, India and USA. Europe needs to group up to be able to use the international market place effectively. In the same way that Big superstores have more buying power than your local cornershop.

Last edited by Cheeky_Ninja06 (2012-03-02 12:55:38)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum
re; military, no. the UK and france are the closest together, and they've only worked on carriers because outside of the US, not many people can afford a full supercarrier fleet. stuff like the eurofighter/tornado have been done within the EU, but not as a part of the EU, merely for manufacturing convenience.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

Cheeky_Ninja06 wrote:

Jay wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

so the militaries of the nations of the eu are in the EU Army?  The president of the EU has more power than the heads of state of the EU nations?UK uses the euro?  etc etc etc
No, but it's trending that way quickly.
This.

I think ive stumbled into some sort of US centralization agenda debate of which I have very little knowledge but I stick to EU member states having more in common with US states than UK counties.

Also FYI UK and France now share aircraft carriers Also its pretty darn uncommon for one member of the EU to engage in military action without agreement from other members.

I pointed out in my first post that there isnt a EU "president" (yet) and that being the difference between US states, that EU currently has a little more autonomy but its certainly heading to make a US of E to rival the large trading powers of China, India and USA. Europe needs to group up to be able to use the international market place effectively. In the same way that Big superstores have more buying power than your local cornershop.
Well the EU does have this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Sec … nce_Policy

And they're part of NATO, so there's really no point in having an all EU military. EU just lacks an executive branch and that's just the only difference. There is an "EU President," but president as in the chair of the EU council.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
BVC
+325|6697

PrivateVendetta wrote:

Pubic wrote:

I'm not sure what to make of Scottish independance.  What will happen to the commonwealth in that case?
In our case, I believe the monarch still has some sort of veto power (or something to that effect) in case of extremely shitty laws being passed, not that its been used in the last hundred years mind you.

I was thinking more along the lines of the implications on heritage ties.  eg. We've got quite a bit of Scottish heritage here, how do we (and other commonwealth nations with lots of whiteys) reconcile Scottish independance given that the point of heritage (the UK) could essentially be splitting?  If there is to be some sort of historical loyalty, where does it lie?
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6192|Roma
Ah, I get it. Dunno.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

Pubic wrote:

PrivateVendetta wrote:

Pubic wrote:

In our case, I believe the monarch still has some sort of veto power (or something to that effect) in case of extremely shitty laws being passed, not that its been used in the last hundred years mind you.

I was thinking more along the lines of the implications on heritage ties.  eg. We've got quite a bit of Scottish heritage here, how do we (and other commonwealth nations with lots of whiteys) reconcile Scottish independance given that the point of heritage (the UK) could essentially be splitting?  If there is to be some sort of historical loyalty, where does it lie?
Well the GG (Rep of the Queen) did fire a PM in aus before. But he was a dickhead PM anyway
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard