NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6478

https://i.imgur.com/2zTol.png
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5188|Sydney
I used to get that magazine. Funny thing is I never once subscribed to it yet I started receiving it in the post for a couple years, addressed personally to me.

Gonna give it a go now...
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4978|Dundee, Scotland.

Kampframmer wrote:

Camm wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

I can help make you a decent chopper pilot. I'm a pretty good chopper pilot myself.

Just don't listen to Camm and Fin. Those two twats can't fly them for shit.

You were saying?

I flew you that round remember?
You do realise i was just taking the piss?

I am an awful pilot, and you've experienced that first hand.
Hahaha oh yeah. You're utterly terrible like... Hilariously hilariously awful. So awful in fact you couldnt jump out the viper, hop in the havoc, and fly it back to the tv station in sharqi <3
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6353

Jaekus wrote:

I used to get that magazine. Funny thing is I never once subscribed to it yet I started receiving it in the post for a couple years, addressed personally to me.

Use mouse. Takes some gettng used to, but heed Luciens advise to turn slow and steady. When you get the hang of it you´ll outturn 90% of the other pilots, which is almost always a win.
Prepare to die a lot in the beginning though.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
this is what happens when kampf tries to land a chopper on the tv station:

https://i.imgur.com/k2Tr5.jpg
Jaekus
+957|5188|Sydney

Sisco wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Use mouse. Takes some gettng used to, but heed Luciens advise to turn slow and steady. When you get the hang of it you´ll outturn 90% of the other pilots, which is almost always a win.
How can I practice in BF3, and I don't want to go co-op. I tried getting onto an empty server but I had to wait till other people joined
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6719|England. Stoke

Jaekus wrote:

Sisco wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

How can I practice in BF3, and I don't want to go co-op. I tried getting onto an empty server but I had to wait till other people joined
Plenty of servers about that are 1 player start.
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6337|Australia

Jaekus wrote:

Sisco wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Any particular reason why you don't want to go co-op? If you don't want to be paired with some random half a world away, I'll gun for ya.
Jaekus
+957|5188|Sydney
I just don't want to waste anyone else's time
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5763|Roma

Jaekus wrote:

Join our server, it should have oman and firestormrunning all the time.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Sup3r_Dr4gon
+214|6337|Australia

Jaekus wrote:

Meh, I need more co-op points anyways. About 100k in fact, so I can do quite a few runs before it becomes pointless.
Jaekus
+957|5188|Sydney
Sweet, well I should be about tomorrow night if that suits?
Sup3r_Dr4gon
+214|6337|Australia

Jaekus wrote:

Sweet, well I should be about tomorrow night if that suits?
PM sent.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6632|Little Bentcock

Jaekus wrote:

I've been doing some reading and looking on youtube, it seems that either a joystick or controller is easier, as the stick returns to the neutral position whereas the keyboard/mouse combo means you have to right it yourself. Maybe that's a (small) part of my problem. That and lack of practice.

I'm not total noob, I can fly a chopper and land it at another location. I just fly the thing like a grandma
I believe you will find that when you stop moving your mouse, it acts the same way as the stick centering itself
Jaekus
+957|5188|Sydney

Adams_BJ wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

I've been doing some reading and looking on youtube, it seems that either a joystick or controller is easier, as the stick returns to the neutral position whereas the keyboard/mouse combo means you have to right it yourself. Maybe that's a (small) part of my problem. That and lack of practice.

I'm not total noob, I can fly a chopper and land it at another location. I just fly the thing like a grandma
I believe you will find that when you stop moving your mouse, it acts the same way as the stick centering itself
I noticed last night. Only annoying part is that I have a small desk. That and I need a lot of practice
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6353

Jaekus wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

I noticed last night. Only annoying part is that I have a small desk. That and I need a lot of practice
Won´t take all that long. I´m a decent pilot and it took me 2 hours to get the hang of flying without getting shot down and another 2 to unlock all the good stuff.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6575|Area 51
but coz the helis/jets in this game are a bit easier
They made it even easier than it was in BF2?
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6802|Jupiter
WASD + arrow keys ftmfw
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6333|Graz, Austria
I have given up on trying to use the mouse and I've become much better with WASD + arrow keys now.
Switching to the exterior camera helps me a lot to acquire new targets and notice the location of threats (AA).
Jaekus
+957|5188|Sydney
So after some time on Caspian Border I've come to the conclusion that jets are easier with arrow keys and helis are easier with the mouse.

And it really fucking sucks to try to do anything in a jet when you haven't unlocked flares yet. fml
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6333|Graz, Austria

Jaekus wrote:

And it really fucking sucks to try to do anything in a jet when you haven't unlocked flares yet. fml
Yep.
It'll take a long time to grind your way there with only kill assists.

You could try finding a server with only a few people, with no one of them flying., then spamming the flags with main gun fire.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6663
it's not unlocks, it's you

your main gun takes out helis (440 points per pop) and jets (250) in a second. both of those fly high. Maybe don't fly around stingermongs when you don't have flares? just take out the instakill air vehicles that are everywhere?
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Jaekus
+957|5188|Sydney
Helis and jets both have missiles, they both lock. They're also better pilots. What chance do I have at the moment?

4/5 times when I hear the beep that a lock is on me I cannot outrun the lock before the missile is released. And then I cannot outrun the missile.

Last edited by Jaekus (2012-02-02 04:00:50)

Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4852|Amsterdam
Just fly towards the ground, spam Q and then shoot you gun under the red triangle.

Easy 100 points.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
Fly high and around the outer of the map to acquire targets.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard