Brasso
+1,549|6623

anyone could have made an impact. everyone failed to do so. because he is the biggest figure in the ordeal, it's easy to pin a target on his back.

it's easy to remember a figure for a (regrettably huge) mistake than for the countless good deeds done throughout 85 long years of life.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Good coach, lousy rat.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5251|foggy bottom
old coach, chomo friendly
Tu Stultus Es
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Brasso wrote:

none of you have skeletons in the closet? no one has made a mistake?
i've never failed to report a child rape to the police, no
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6593|132 and Bush

I'd be more incline to think it was Karma if he wasnt ancient and rapidly on his way out before the scandal.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Brasso
+1,549|6623

then again none of you have donated several million to a state university
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

It is amazing how protective of Joe P. Penn state students are. I have seen countless instances of Penn students circling the wagons around the guy online.
Brasso
+1,549|6623

and the rest of the world is against him. be thankful you're on the other side of the fence.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

Why do you feel he needs protecting? Why are Penn state students internalizing Joe P.?

From the other side of the fence it looks like Joe P. had a cult of personality around him. That's how everyone outside of Penn state sees it. It's pretty sad really.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5694|College Park, MD
Seriously, it's like how North Koreans worship Kim Jong-Il (not comparing JoePa to Kimmy, but the blind worship is about the same).

He's a freakin' football coach, not Edison or the dude who invented penicillin.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

Brasso wrote:

then again none of you have donated several million to a state university
so several million dollars outweighs child rape and covering up child rape and failing to report it to the cops? you people seriously drank the kool-aid, but hey if I'm ever in HR in 20 years and my company needs rape sympathizers I'll know which uni to hire from
Brasso
+1,549|6623

because he devoted his entire life to the betterment of the university and the lives his players. then he made one tremendous mistake. he'll go down in history as being a villain.

tell me, do you think it's fair to be remember 1% of someone's life rather than 99% of it?
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
life ain't fair. i'm not denying that he did do good things. but covering up this sort of thing ain't a "mistake." he put the program's reputation ahead of justice. he preferred to pass the buck. given his godlike reputation in that town, if he had told the cops to investigate they would have done it in a heartbeat.

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2012-01-24 07:38:45)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

Westboro Baptist Church targets Joe Paterno funeral
Anti-homosexual hate group to picket late Penn State football coach over Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse case
/a few slow hesitant claps
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6564

in a country where you can own a gun, those Westboro people are still alive?
Brasso
+1,549|6623

i see where you're coming from, and i'm sad to see that most see the whole deal as a cover-up. can you look at the rest of the man's life and honestly say that he'd put aside his morals just to keep a football program afloat?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

Yes
Brasso
+1,549|6623

well we have very different views of the him then. i respect yours.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
honestly, I don't think we'll ever know what really went on in his head with the whole thing.
Brasso
+1,549|6623

sadly enough...i want to know, whichever case it is
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX

Brasso wrote:

he devoted his entire life to the betterment of the university and the lives his players.
He was focused on winning trivial games and earning money - its not as if he was doing AIDS research for free.
tell me, do you think it's fair to be remember 1% of someone's life rather than 99% of it?
Yes its fair, it exposes his basic instincts - to put not taking a minute risk to his cushy life ahead of doing the right thing - most people are exactly the same however.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Brasso
+1,549|6623

Dilbert_X wrote:

Brasso wrote:

he devoted his entire life to the betterment of the university and the lives his players.
He was focused on winning trivial games and earning money - its not as if he was doing AIDS research for free.
Yes its fair, it exposes his basic instincts - to put not taking a minute risk to his cushy life ahead of doing the right thing - most people are exactly the same however.
he was never focused on earning money.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7492 … ven=twelve

there are countless similar stories out there about him. paterno wanted players not to come to PSU for the football team but because they would get a great education by going here.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6729|Oxferd Ohire
dil wont accept that
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Chardee MacDennis
Green Man
+130|4546|Always Sunny in Philadelphia
if it aint karma then it is justice.  either way i shit on his grave,.
What is your Spaghetti Policy Here?

What A Long Strange Trip It's Been
Chardee MacDennis
Green Man
+130|4546|Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Brasso wrote:

anyone could have made an impact. everyone failed to do so. because he is the biggest figure in the ordeal, it's easy to pin a target on his back.

it's easy to remember a figure for a (regrettably huge) mistake than for the countless good deeds done throughout 85 long years of life.
you goddamn delusional central PA hick.  he was allowed a fucking office and access to the whole campus after all this came out.  joe pat could have stopped it.  but zomg he is good at defense.  you dumb fucking idiots.  and yes this does erase any good.  period.
What is your Spaghetti Policy Here?

What A Long Strange Trip It's Been

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard