twoblacklines
all grown up now (its boring)
+49|6203
I had a thought...

You send me your render files.

I use my PC to render them for you (out alot, machine just sits here with utorrent on, 5ghz 2500k sitting here idling all day, 580gtx with cuda too)

I upload them to my server.

win.

I would do this free of charge!

Anyone interested?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6768|PNW

3D render people may take the potential for art theft into consideration...
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6687|Devon, England
And if they do it, chances are they have a powerful enough PC to do it on.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4964|Dundee, Scotland.

FFLink wrote:

And if they do it, chances are they have a powerful enough PC to do it on.
What about animation students that can't afford a rendering rig?
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6735|Toronto | Canada

if youre in animation school/program chances are your school will have some sort of computing facility.  or an arrangement with another company.  i just did a small class on 3D rendering and both of those options were available to us, as well as the choice to just leave your computer running for a couple days to do.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4964|Dundee, Scotland.

Winston_Churchill wrote:

if youre in animation school/program chances are your school will have some sort of computing facility.  or an arrangement with another company.  i just did a small class on 3D rendering and both of those options were available to us, as well as the choice to just leave your computer running for a couple days to do.
Didn't consider that actually.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
twoblacklines
+49|6203
When I was at university, the PC's for the design / CAD / Animation classes where single core pentium 1.2ghz's...in 2010!
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6735|Toronto | Canada

the general browsing computers in the libraries are more powerful than that.  all of the engineering, physics, etc labs have their own computing farms here.  did you go to some tiny university?
as a 3d student(maya) i would have a group of computers up at the school render at night. It was the only way to finish anything lol
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6768|PNW

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

as a 3d student(maya) i would have a group of computers up at the school render at night. It was the only way to finish anything lol
When I went to class for that, a couple of students (a married couple) thought they were going to hog the entire network to run a completely ridiculous render that would take until two months in to the next class to complete. Needless to say, we cancelled and launched UT2004 on the last day. Boy were they angry.

But the teacher was not.
twoblacklines
+49|6203
I find that hard to believe tbh.

What were they doing a 300 TB render?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard