Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England
neutral or e-brake or turning off the car...

They're French though so I'm sure several essays would have been required to have be written and dozens of bureaucrats would've had to have had their forms stamped before they could give such advice...
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

Of course you figure out someway to make this the liberals fault
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4255

Jay wrote:

They're French though so I'm sure several essays would have been required to have be written and dozens of bureaucrats would've had to have had their forms stamped before they could give such advice...
jay you wish you were french. they possess more natural grace, elan and sophistication than your poor man's autodidact will ever command.

and you bet those essays will be fuckin' flawless. beats your high school papers.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Why is a person with epilepsy allowed to drive in the first place?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4843|Amsterdam

Jay wrote:

Really? people with epilsepsy are still normal functioning people. yes, they are at risk to get an attack, especially in a stressful situation (like the one this man was exposed to). I had a teacher that was epileptic, only had one attack in the decade that I knew him.
People with epilepsy aren't spassing out 24/7. This man probably wasn't and still needed to get from A to B, and for that small chance that he would get an attack, they made him a car that would be safe (or at least, it was supposed to be) if he would get one behind the wheel.
Heavens no, those Euro liberals have developed a way to make it possible for dem spassin tards to drive, what a crime against humanity!

He just had some really bad luck, and they handled the situation well, considering no one was injured and there was hardly any property damage (none mentioned in the article at least).

e: Jay, i really hope you were trolling

Last edited by Kampframmer (2013-02-13 12:48:18)

coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6709|England. Stoke

Jay wrote:

E-brake handbrake at that speed wouldn't do much before it burnt out, and turn off the engine and lose power steering, potentially engaging the steering wheel lock and lose what little control he had...
Good job they had people who knew what they were talking about dealing with this, even if they were French.

Last edited by coke (2013-02-13 12:57:29)

Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4255

Jay wrote:

i dunno, why are people with pathetic intellects allowed to post on internet forums?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Kampframmer wrote:

Jay wrote:

Really? people with epilsepsy are still normal functioning people. yes, they are at risk to get an attack, especially in a stressful situation (like the one this man was exposed to). I had a teacher that was epileptic, only had one attack in the decade that I knew him.
People with epilepsy aren't spassing out 24/7. This man probably wasn't and still needed to get from A to B, and for that small chance that he would get an attack, they made him a car that would be safe (or at least, it was supposed to be) if he would get one behind the wheel.
Heavens no, those Euro liberals have developed a way to make it possible for dem spassin tards to drive, what a crime against humanity!

He just had some really bad luck, and they handled the situation well, considering no one was injured and there was hardly any property damage (none mentioned in the article at least).

I wasn't trolling at all. We have laws against drunk and impaired driving because those conditions increase the danger for everyone else on the road. I know seizures aren't voluntary, but the same logic apllies. Why is that one persons feelings more important than the safety of other drivers? I'm fairly sure epileptics can't get licenses in the US.
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

I think we should still call it the falling sickness
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6738|Oxferd Ohire
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4255

Jay wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

Jay wrote:

I wasn't trolling at all. We have laws against drunk and impaired driving because those conditions increase the danger for everyone else on the road. I know seizures aren't voluntary, but the same logic apllies. Why is that one persons feelings more important than the safety of other drivers? I'm fairly sure epileptics can't get licenses in the US.
over here you can drive with many pre-existing conditions - you just have to declare them and make sure your insurance/licensing covers them. being epileptic is no more of a driving hazard than being diabetic, or narcoleptic. there are scales of severity of these illnesses, and plenty of medication and treatments/preventions available. in fact, there are many tort law negligence cases in english common law, whereby people who suffer road accidents as a result of failing to take xyz medication, are thereby found liable for their accident. but, importantly, they were allowed to drive in the first place. i don't know why you're blanket treating all people with mild and common disabilities as some sort of 'to the camp!' burden on society. you talk some serious shit sometimes.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5179|Sydney

Jay wrote:

My dad had epilepsy for 18 years and never once lost his licence his whole life, since getting it when when he was 16.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

If you are ever intent on literally blowing your mind, the best placement of a firearm is your eye. There is no skull between your eye and brain and the bullet will travel from less important frontal lobe all the way to the important back lobe and stem.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4255
real men shoot themselves in the heart. multiple times.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6291|Washington St.
Are there a lot of guns that have trouble with the skull from point blank range?
Assuming of course you're not trying to blow your mind with a Saturday Night Special or a Derringer
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

People have survived getting shot in the head. Sometimes people have really strong heads, or hit at a weird angle or hit the front part of the brain that doesn't handle the important functions. So your eye is the best spot. It also is an easy way to line up and know you got the right spot.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5965|London, England

the front of my brain is where I keep all my super steamy sex tips
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6291|Washington St.
Certainly people have rounds go into their head and they survive, but from point blank?
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5544|Toronto

Mutantbear wrote:

What's the rest of it for?
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Jaekus
+957|5179|Sydney

Pochsy wrote:

Mutantbear wrote:

Spamming BF2s.
Jaekus
+957|5179|Sydney

pirana6 wrote:

Certainly people have rounds go into their head and they survive, but from point blank?
I saw on tv years ago that one guy did survive, twice.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5965|London, England

Jaekus wrote:

Pochsy wrote:

Mutantbear wrote:

Spamming BF2s.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/45167/%5BNutbladder%5D%20JoJo%27s%20Bizarre%20Adventure%20-%2014%20%5BCF230ABB%5D.mkv_snapshot_01.07_%5B2013.01.16_08.18.jpg
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Jaekus
+957|5179|Sydney
Case rested.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

pirana6 wrote:

[YouTube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN5TtxocdbY[/YouTube]
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6291|Washington St.
Dang yo. Guess through the eye it is.

edito: wait wtf is this clip doing on the web and public?

Last edited by pirana6 (2013-02-13 18:00:10)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard