eleven bravo
+1,399|5258|foggy bottom
tennis
Tu Stultus Es
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

Eh no one watches volleyball outside of the Olympics anyway. Tennis is one of very few women sports that gets ant attention
eleven bravo
+1,399|5258|foggy bottom
tennis is cool
Tu Stultus Es
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5357|London, England

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Women are less athletically gifted then men. Feminist go crazy whenever girls try out for a male sport but there isn't much there beyond novelty. It is why no one watches the WNBA, and WMMA is a complete joke etc.
Depends on the sport. Surely women and mens volleyball have a much smaller skill gap than football or basketball.
I'd bet a men's team would trounce a womans team just based on height and strength. Same goes for tennis and golf.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

Golf and tennis, yes. Archery? Shooting? Skiing? Figure skating? Any olympic sport that favors artistic or stylistic merit over athleticism or brute strength? Probably not. Part of that is due to the pool of people trying out/partaking in the sport, sure.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6692

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

So what you're saying women will take over the world?
Feminine values and attitudes will replace the obsolete male dominated structure of our culture. Feminized men and women will share power.
please. i don't know what term textbook you're getting this piss from, but you're passing off - at best - a progressive-lefty hypothesis as some sort of quasi-scientific fact. this is just shit that tenured feminists get paid a lot to write about. "obsolete male dominated structure"? really? i still see greed, the pursuit of power, material display, and military/physical might being thrown around as the main agents of world geopolitics. capitalism is basically the male psychology extended out into the world of commerce. stop coming up with this gnomic sounding bollocks you got from some 1970's feminist anthropological study.
The only feminist literature I've read was maybe Lila Abu Lughod (sp?).

A system being obsolete doesn't mean it is out of use. It means that it is no longer efficient, there are better models with which to work,  they need only be implemented.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4253
and, again, there really is nothing to say that this sexless utopia is 'more efficient'. this is conjecture.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6692
Sexless utopia? I suggested no such thing. Lowering male aggression and dominance doesn't desex society at all. If anything it makes it more sexual. And I mean efficiency in terms of sustaining human happiness and flourishing without being at odds with one another and the rest of nature and the cosmos.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2013-03-06 15:10:41)

Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4253
desire and eros are aggressive forces, dumbie. for someone so ponderous you sure haven't read your nietzsche.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Drum circles > aggro!
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4253

Superior Mind wrote:

Sexless utopia? I suggested no such thing. Lowering male aggression and dominance doesn't desex society at all. If anything it makes it more sexual. And I mean efficiency in terms of sustaining human happiness and flourishing without being at odds with one another and the rest of nature and the cosmos.
i don't really understand where you get this kookie notion of the 'cosmos' from. it's ancient greek. the universe isn't one big calm and unified order. the universe is chaos and contingency. pure meaninglessness. a void, with an arbitrary and dumb spurt of matter streaked across it. our lives here are without purpose. there is nothing sacrosanct about the human individual. we are an intelligent beast that has evolved an advantage - through fierce competition and much, much violence - an advantage that grants us the luxury to sit back and ponder. but when you crack out this "flourishing without being at odds with one another and the rest of nature" shit, you spout dumb new age bullshit. nature is fundamentally made up of things 'at odds' with one another. it's a delicate balance, but a balance attained by attrition and violence. not bunnies hugging one another and crocodile smiles. as for the 'cosmos' - just fucking drop it. we've moved on a little from the pre-socratics.

you have this weird syncretic, hybrid, new-age-meets-internet-plus-weed worldview, which is just kinda ridiculous, when you get all portentous, anyway.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6692
K
Roc18
`
+655|5790|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

i don't really understand where you get this kookie notion of the 'cosmos' from. it's ancient greek. the universe isn't one big calm and unified order. the universe is chaos and contingency. pure meaninglessness. a void, with an arbitrary and dumb spurt of matter streaked across it. our lives here are without purpose. there is nothing sacrosanct about the human individual. we are an intelligent beast that has evolved an advantage - through fierce competition and much, much violence - an advantage that grants us the luxury to sit back and ponder. but when you crack out this "flourishing without being at odds with one another and the rest of nature" shit, you spout dumb new age bullshit. nature is fundamentally made up of things 'at odds' with one another. it's a delicate balance, but a balance attained by attrition and violence. not bunnies hugging one another and crocodile smiles. as for the 'cosmos' - just fucking drop it. we've moved on a little from the pre-socratics.

you have this weird syncretic, hybrid, new-age-meets-internet-plus-weed worldview, which is just kinda ridiculous, when you get all portentous, anyway.
lol from what i see it looks like you can't handle Sup Mind's knowledge.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Roc18 wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

lol from what i see it looks like you can't handle Sup Mind's knowledge.
https://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/001/582/picard-facepalm.jpg?1240934151
-Frederick Bastiat
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6692
LoL
eleven bravo
+1,399|5258|foggy bottom
Florida Man Arrested After Pocket-Dialing 911
Florida Man Stabs Wife Over Hamburger
Florida Man Busted For Performing Back Alley Butt Injections
Florida Man Arrested For Trying To Force Fiancee To Swallow Engagement Ring
Florida Man Builds Mini Car For His Pet Parrot
Florida Man Admits Biting Off Girlfriend's Thumb
Florida Man Repeatedly Called 911 Saying He Needed A Ride To Mexico
Florida Man Faces Fines, Points After Bicycle Ride
Naked Florida Man Jumps Off Roof Onto Man, Nocks [sic] Television Over, Empties Vacuum Cleaner, Masturbates
Florida Man Owes Ex-Wife $166K in Child Support
Police Arrest Florida Man For Drunken Joyride On Motorized Scooter At Walmart
Florida Man Squats In Multimillion-Dollar Home
Florida Man Finds Way To Connect With Cats
Florida Man On Trial For Threatening To Kill President Obama On Facebook
Florida Man Shoots Himself In Crotch With Flare Gun
Florida Man Charged After Alleged Naked Rampage Inside Home
Florida Man Says He's Obama And Attempts To Abduct Children
Florida Man Armed With Syringe Robbed Pet Store
Florida Man Arrested For Giving Wedgies
Florida Man's Bulldog Found Safe After Being Dognapped At Gunpoint

Last edited by eleven bravo (2013-03-06 16:51:47)

Tu Stultus Es
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6692
Connects with cats.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5542|Toronto
Uzique is asking why he's using mixed systems of thought, and arguing that the basal assumption that human nature is capable of being fully "dominant" or..."feminine values" (I don't actually know Sup's word because it doesn't make sense).

Sup never defines his terms. We have no idea what he is doing. Seems to me he is arguing that humans can function within a dualistic system (having two distinct 'polar opposites'), which is some seriously outdated thinking. This is what Uzique is arguing in mentioning the Greek origins of the words he uses.

Sup's response is "well, we can't even know if I'm right or you're right, so why pass judgment", to which Uzique is (I think) saying, "why the hell is the impetus with us to produce that answer, you're the one making the claims."

So, in short, I think Uzique knows exactly what the fuck is going on.

Question for Sup is: how do you implement the new system?
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

Pochsy wrote:

Uzique is asking why he's using mixed systems of thought, and arguing that the basal assumption that human nature is capable of being fully "dominant" or..."feminine values" (I don't actually know Sup's word because it doesn't make sense).

Sup never defines his terms. We have no idea what he is doing. Seems to me he is arguing that humans can function within a dualistic system (having two distinct 'polar opposites'), which is some seriously outdated thinking. This is what Uzique is arguing in mentioning the Greek origins of the words he uses.

Sup's response is "well, we can't even know if I'm right or you're right, so why pass judgment", to which Uzique is (I think) saying, "why the hell is the impetus with us to produce that answer, you're the one making the claims."

You seem to have a great grasp of what is going on. Keep us updated.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5542|Toronto

Macbeth wrote:

Pochsy wrote:

You seem to have a great grasp of what is going on. Keep us updated.
Let us know when you read past nihilism, you actually might not just dismiss everything as stupid.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

?!
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5542|Toronto
Sorry, that's a case of internet sarcasm going wrong. You've been using the same joke for so long that we have no idea if it's still supposed to be funny. KEN made the same point somewhere sometime.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

Blowing my mind, dude
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5542|Toronto
gentle breeze, or category 5?

And because this is the only question you know: why?
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6692
I will happily answer any question about something I post. Having to sift through and dicypher the layers of insults to find the core dissatisfaction in someon's post is a fucking waste of time though. Uzi, you say I'm portentous. I just write in a calm and non argumentative manner. I have never actually claimed to have a superior mind than anyone. That would be a ridiculous suggestion. My user name was decided aged 15. It's origin comes from my CS:S playin days. Originally my name on cs was Inferior Mind. But then some Germans on VoIP were laughing at me because I was an American named Inferior Mind. So I changed it to Superior Mind, because for some reason I cared what some Germans thought about me on a CS server. I used to change my steam name all the time back then. And then BF2 came out, while I was still using the name Superior Mind. So I used the same sn for Bf2, because I didn't think about it too much and I thought it looked cool as a pair of words on the screen. Very soon after I changed my steam name. Point is, I don't think I'm smarter than everyone else. I believe my own opinions as much as I might anyone else's. I don't say all the things I say because I'm trying to be some certain way. You niggas all come at me like I'm Warman. Hop off my dick. Not everything I post is an intellectual challange.

As for how to implement the new system. I think the advent of the integration of the personal computer into the user's body and ultimately consciousness will spark some sort of revolution akin to the Neolithic, a total game changer. It would crumble the grasp of the advertising virtual reality the man tries to keep us living in. The instant we are able to meld our minds with one another, the veil of culture and language will be lifted and the true intent of human communication will be expressed and beheld. Of course this sort of technology already exists in the plantae and fungi kingdoms. But things have gotten so conflated in male dominator society that there is no hope in utilizing them on any kind of global ritualized scale. When we do indeed integrate with the machine we may then re-discover those vegetable kinds of mind. And what we will experience as a species is a reorganizing of priorities.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard