twoblacklines
all grown up now (its boring)
+49|6217
Sometimes my bf3 seems to freeze on loading a level, for example at the moment it has been loading for 12 mins, with the flashing little cursor at the bottom. I can alt tab in and out of it, so i know it hasnt crashed, yet it just seems to be loading...forever.

Its loading the next map after playing a map in entirity. Normally it loads in under 5 seconds, but every once in a while it does this.

If i press the X in top corner whilst its in a window, it will close but show "saving game" right before closure. It only does this when i force close it as such.

Any ideas? Or just something i have to live with?

Cheers
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6719|England. Stoke
Mine does exactly the same, since the last patch.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6398|New York
I get the same thing. I just Cntl alt del and close the program, then pick the same server again. It usually works after that. Pretty annoying though.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6642|949

It's happened to me too. It will stick on the 'loading level' screen with the cursor in the bottom just like you describe. But when I alt-tab I get a 'stopped responding' error and windows closes the program. I just reload the game
twoblacklines
+49|6217
Game is crashing within 5 seconds of starting a level now, and randomly crashing in game with a blue screen (light blue, with flag overlays, not BSOD).

All thats changed on my system is firefox deleted my user profile when it updated, and i turned speedstep off in bios to do the BF3S benchmark in the tech thread....
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6398|New York

twoblacklines wrote:

Game is crashing within 5 seconds of starting a level now, and randomly crashing in game with a blue screen (light blue, with flag overlays, not BSOD).

All thats changed on my system is firefox deleted my user profile when it updated, and i turned speedstep off in bios to do the BF3S benchmark in the tech thread....
Strange.

Not sure if it will help, but you could maybe try the fix for the November update that's stickied in this section. I was having the problem where it would crash after 5 seconds after opening, but the fix worked for me.
twoblacklines
+49|6217
Fix seems to have worked
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6398|New York
Glad to hear it. Doesn't make any sense to me why it happened, but it's good that it works for you.
twoblacklines
+49|6217
Still crashing Specifically my player point of view seems to fall below the floor and tilt upwards (facing the underside of the pavement im standing on) right before it just CTD's with no error.

Battlelog reports "something went wrong".

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard