13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6513

my first car was a motorcycle.

my second car was a pick-up truck.

it wasn't until i was 27 that i even owned a car, i lived in Southern California most of that time, and

bitches love motorcycles.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5194|Sydney

13urnzz wrote:

bitches love motorcycles.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6755|Toronto | Canada

Jaekus wrote:

13urnzz wrote:

butches love motorcycles.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5490|Ventura, California

Dilbert_X wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

The Impreza wasn't going to be my first car, but then I saw that guy's post about one for £5000. I bet that thing was driven to an early grave for that price. If I can get a good one for $5000 and if I had the money than why not for a first car? I understand the crashing issue though.

No worries, I'm being smart about not buying what I can't afford. That's why I'm asking for a cheap STI if that's possible. Otherwise I was going to get a Corolla or a Focus or something. There's a Ford Focus for $3500 nearby that looks pretty good.
You don't want an STI, the base model Impreza is excellent value - same dynamics just a little less power - a lot cheaper and less likely to have been thrashed.
Yeah I have no clue what the STI or WRX stand for and whatnot. I just want the one that looks like a rally car. I don't car about what's under the hood, hell I wouldn't even need that epic turbo or whatever it has in it.

So the WRX is the type of impreza that looks like a rally car and the sti is an engine type?
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6753|Oxferd Ohire
fiesta is a rally car
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6122|eXtreme to the maX
I can't remember really

Base Model
WRX - Turbocharged?
WRX STI = Top Spec above the WRX

Wiki:

From September 2007 the Impreza range in Australia has been changed with models designated R, RX, RS and WRX.

R, RX and RS all share the same engine - a new 2.0 L boxer engine, with 110 kW (150 PS; 148 bhp) @ 6400 rpm and 196 Nm @ 3200 rpm.

The iconic WRX has largely unchanged engine power output of 169 kW (230 PS; 227 bhp) and 320 Nm from its 2.5 L engine. As with previous versions, there will only be a manual version of the WRX. The weight of the car also has been lightened (by approx. 22.7 kg (50 lb)) to just 1400 kg, and gives the WRX a 0-100 km/h time of 5.8 seconds. In contrast, curb weight of the standard Impreza model is approx. 27.2 kg (60 lb) heavier, although still lighter than the WRX trim level.
In summary:

You can't afford one anyway.

The base model is the best value, the other models you're paying much more for nothing much unless you really plan to go rallying.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2012-01-15 01:05:37)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6683

Get the base model and have some Asian shop in San Diego "ricer" it up to look like a WRX STI.
Cheeky_Ninja06
+52|6748|Cambridge, England

-Sh1fty- wrote:

The Impreza wasn't going to be my first car, but then I saw that guy's post about one for £5000. I bet that thing was driven to an early grave for that price. If I can get a good one for $5000 and if I had the money than why not for a first car? I understand the crashing issue though.

No worries, I'm being smart about not buying what I can't afford. That's why I'm asking for a cheap STI if that's possible. Otherwise I was going to get a Corolla or a Focus or something. There's a Ford Focus for $3500 nearby that looks pretty good.
There are pages of them for sale at £5k that is the going price for them in the uk.
Cheeky_Ninja06

DrunkFace wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

The current model Outback is very similar to the 2005 Forester though.
Except the forester doesn't look hideous.

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Well it wasn't an sti, but just a standard wrx.
The STI is lower spec than the WRX above that would be the special homologation models.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6122|eXtreme to the maX
The problem with Subarus and other 'obscure' cars is you can't take them to the average five-minute oil change place, they'll fuck them up.
Stupid muppets jacked up mine on the centre diff, its independent suspension you cretins, not that thats a a good thing to do with a live back axle.

Thats the only time Ford/GM wins, its stone age technology and the average mong mechanic can work on it.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6697|Disaster Free Zone

Cheeky_Ninja06 wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

The current model Outback is very similar to the 2005 Forester though.
Except the forester doesn't look hideous.

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Well it wasn't an sti, but just a standard wrx.
The STI is lower spec than the WRX above that would be the special homologation models.
That's why the sti is about 50% more expensive, has 15% more power, stiffer suspension, wider tyres and a more aggressive body kit. Cause Subaru just loves making their lower spec cars better then the higher spec ones.

STI (Subaru Tecnica International) is basically the 'M', 'AMG' or 'Abarth' for Subaru.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6516|so randum
abarth is fiat
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
So the Subaru Impreza, WRX, and WRX STI are all the same exterior and interior, but the WRX and WRX STI have improved engines? It's not the engine I'm looking for as much as the awesome look!

I hate the hatchback version of the Impreza as it's so ugly. What do I call the one with a standard trunk, a sedan?

Last edited by -Sh1fty- (2012-01-15 15:43:33)

Cheeky_Ninja06
You get the impreza base models, then Impreza STI, then the Impreza STI WRX then the RB300s etc....

Last edited by Cheeky_Ninja06 (2012-01-15 15:51:29)

-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Found this for 8k

https://images.craigslist.org/5F25H45Jd3F13Mf3Hac1b94aa7f98ec2419db.jpg

I'd want that thing on the back of it though. That's why the Impreza is so freaking cool in the first place.

To make it look like this.

https://www.scoobyphotos.eclipse.co.uk/photographs/2006-wrx-sti/steele-grey/full/9_stm_973.jpg
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6516|so randum
yes we call them spoilers
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6755|Toronto | Canada

and make you look like a 12 year old
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Could I get a spoiler added? Would that be really expensive?
eleven bravo
+1,399|5275|foggy bottom
$72,000
Tu Stultus Es
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5718|College Park, MD
geico says that insurance for a WRX for me would be like $250 a month
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
For a newer one or an older one? that would really suck to pay that much. On top of that I'm in the age they consider an inexperienced driver. I guess the good thing I have to look forward to is that by the time I can afford one (maybe...3 or 4 years from now if I save diligently) the prices of the newer models that look even better will be a lot cheaper.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
2007. That's including comprehensive and collision coverage though. For the bare bones it'd only be like $60. If you own the car then you don't need comp and collision but if it's financed then you do.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
8k isn't too bad to pay off. Saving that would be hell though. I was going to get a $1500/month job but decided to go back to school for the military. Having taken that, if I lived with my mom and sisters as I still do now I would have made a total of $9000 instead of the $1000 I've made at my crappy job so far. Would have had an impreza now! damnit
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5194|Sydney

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

2007. That's including comprehensive and collision coverage though. For the bare bones it'd only be like $60. If you own the car then you don't need comp and collision but if it's financed then you do.
Is that for a younger driver too?
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
Lord only knows how much it'd be for a young driver. I did a quote when I was 18 for a fucking Honda Civic and it was like $190/mo with collision and comprehensive. But I'd also gotten into a car crash recently. I have had a clean driving record since then...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard