Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4973|Dundee, Scotland.
I got a Compaq Presario CQ40-127TU a few weeks ago, couldn't find drivers for a while, then I eventually found some and installed them. Now the screen won't work. If I shut the lid and lift it back up the screen flashes back up for a second then goes dark.

I did the screen lifty thing just there, and the screen showed up but was VERY dark.

I downloaded Guru3D driver sweeper, removed any drivers I'd recently installed, but it's still doing it. Any thoughts?

I was gonna just reformat it, because it's got nothing of value on it, but my pen drive won't work and I can't find any spare pen drives.

So... help!?

And yes... I've tried turning the brightness up. And switching to high power mode.

trying a system restore. figured that if i shine a light on it when its giving me the really dim screen it shows a bit better

edit: no dice.

i just shut the lid, opened it, and it was fine for about 15-20 seconds, then it flicked back to really dim.

Just plugged in an external monitor, that works fine.

Last edited by Camm (2012-01-03 05:09:32)

for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6444|King Of The Islands

Inverter for the LCD backlight is up to shit.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
that what a lot of forums are saying. I'm taking it apart to check if it's not the cable for the screen
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
welp, that went well...

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6151173/Photo%2003-01-2012%2013%2043%2038.jpg
rollback?
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6573|NYC / Hamburg

if it works in fine in BIOS, safe mode or some linux distro it's a driver issue. Roll back, restore or reformat
if it doesn't, it's a hardware problem.
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6665|The darkside of Denver

max wrote:

if it works in fine in BIOS, safe mode or some linux distro it's a driver issue. Roll back, restore or reformat
solid methodology here.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5970|London, England

I dont understand the "Take pictures of everything I do and post it everywhere" mentality
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png

Camm wrote:

welp, that went well...

that?

that is awesome mutant
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

SonderKommando wrote:

max wrote:

solid methodology here.
I'll try again tonight or whenever I put it back together

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard