Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5367|London, England

Dilbert_X wrote:

The fact there are so many amendments points to it being an imperfect work in progress wouldn't you say?
I've never said it was infallible. It does have the very nice effect of keeping the wing nuts in check though. FDR hated it, and so does Gingrich.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6114|eXtreme to the maX
Mao's Little Red Book was also a work of genius, full of eternal truths, unshakeable logic and so on.
No-ones allowed to edit that either.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

FatherTed wrote:

as if quoting the thing will impress me? my point is, you cannot have an arguement, then fall back to a few hundred yrs old text and say GAME OVER.
Yeah, you can. The bill as passed is unconstitutional. Unless they write a constitutional amendment, the courts should overturn it.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6509|so randum
and that flies with you?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

Mao's Little Red Book was also a work of genius, full of eternal truths, unshakeable logic and so on.
No-ones allowed to edit that either.
Slow day at the office today?
-Frederick Bastiat
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6746|Oxferd Ohire

FatherTed wrote:

um with some critical thinking, i.e this thing was written by dudes a few hundred years ago, it might not be particularly relevant today?
is this serious?
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6509|so randum

RTHKI wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

um with some critical thinking, i.e this thing was written by dudes a few hundred years ago, it might not be particularly relevant today?
is this serious?
yes
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

FatherTed wrote:

and that flies with you?
What flies with me? Having courts overturn unconstitutional legislation? That's their job.
-Frederick Bastiat
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6509|so randum

Jay wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

and that flies with you?
What flies with me? Having courts overturn unconstitutional legislation? That's their job.
ok for this discussion to work, you're going to have to pretend the constitution isn't the be and end all.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6746|Oxferd Ohire
well. teds you should probably leave.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

FatherTed wrote:

Jay wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

and that flies with you?
ok for this discussion to work, you're going to have to pretend the constitution isn't the be and end all.
But it is.
-Frederick Bastiat
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6746|Oxferd Ohire
The point of the constitution is to change over time. It's plenty relevant. I just took a course on the Constitution. Read supreme court cases and how the Constitution's interpretation was changed and how it affected law. my ass its not relevant
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6509|so randum

Jay wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Jay wrote:

But it is.
jesus christ the point is WHY?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6161|what

Jay wrote:

Second Amendment – Militia (United States), Sovereign state, Right to keep and bear arms.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.[56]
When are you ever going to see a Militia organised?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Imma move to America and buy an Abrams.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

FatherTed wrote:

Jay wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

But it is.
jesus christ the point is WHY?
It's the foundation of our government. Our government is set up as a series of checks and balances in order to prevent tyranny. It's why we have two houses of legislators, and a president, and a supreme court. The constitution can be amended, and has been 27 times.

I dunno what to tell you teds. Most people are quite happy that their speech is protected and their homes can't be searched without a warrant. Those are among the rights enshrined in the constitution.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

AussieReaper wrote:

Jay wrote:

Second Amendment – Militia (United States), Sovereign state, Right to keep and bear arms.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.[56]
Why do guns scare you?
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Jay wrote:

Why do guns scare you?
Yawn, guns aren't scary.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6161|what

Jay wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Jay wrote:

Why do guns scare you?
Answer my question with another question. Guns don't scare me.

Care to answer when you are going to ever see a militia?

Bear in mind, it states a well regulated militia. IE those with the guns are supposed to act as a well regulated militia. The whole sentence has been ignored and only the second half ever been taken into account to allow you to buy guns.

What militia is there right now?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

AussieReaper wrote:

Jay wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Why do guns scare you?

Bear in mind, it states a well regulated militia. IE those with the guns are supposed to act as a well regulated militia. The whole sentence has been ignored and only the second half ever been taken into account to allow you to buy guns.

It's a sentence fragment. Our militias have been replaced by the National Guard. That bit of language is outdated, but it doesn't negate the right to bear arms, sorry.
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Jay wrote:

That bit of language is outdated.
You so funny.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

Jay wrote:

You so funny.
Welcome to my ignore list. Enjoy trolling feos.
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Jay wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Jay wrote:

You so funny.
Welcome to my ignore list. Enjoy trolling feos.
You're such a bad loser, bye bye.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6161|what

Jay wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Jay wrote:

Why do guns scare you?

It's a sentence fragment. Our militias have been replaced by the National Guard. That bit of language is outdated, but it doesn't negate the right to bear arms, sorry.
Well if you militia has been replaced by the national guard, there isn't really a need for everyone to buy guns.

It's a sentence fragment isn't much of an argument. That's just taking the right to keep and bear arms out of context imo.

The necessary to the security of a free State is met, so why do you still have the right of the people to keep and bear Arms?

It's outdated and needs to be updated. The sentence (or atleast some of it) is irrelevant. Hopefully I was able to answer the following

Jay wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Old words are worthless? Ok.

Point out that which you feel is irrelevant.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Jay wrote:

Jay wrote:

Old words are worthless? Ok.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard