BVC
+325|6695

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Pubic wrote:

Personally, I don't have a problem with it.  Don't wanna see it? Don't look.   Don't wanna cause a scene? Be discrete.
Flasher comes up and opens his trench coat. Don't want to see? Don't look.
Sorry, didn't see this until now.

The difference being a flasher isn't trying to be discrete, won't stop babies from starving, and is only showing what he/she has got for kicks.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5178|Sydney
The biggest difference is the intent behind the action. Breast feeding isn't intended to be anything but for what it is.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX
Like sexual intercourse?

I mean making babies is natural right? Why not do it in public?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
In case you aren't aware it's significantly different, and that's one of your lamer troll attempts.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Whatever, not everyone wants to see breastfeeding.
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
The priorities of a baby being fed are greater than some prudish uptight sensibilities.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Then the mother had better learn to plan her day around the baby, and not just whip out a boob wherever she happens to be at the time.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2012-12-03 02:19:33)

Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
Ignorance, from you? Surely not!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Pfft there are plenty of places breastfeeding, nappy changing etc aren't possible, Target is just one.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

Dilbert_X wrote:

Then the mother had better learn to plan her day around the baby, and not just whip out a boob wherever she happens to be at the time.
It's even more funny when you don't have any kids
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

BVC wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Pubic wrote:

Personally, I don't have a problem with it.  Don't wanna see it? Don't look.   Don't wanna cause a scene? Be discrete.

The difference being a flasher isn't trying to be discrete, won't stop babies from starving, and is only showing what he/she has got for kicks.
Haha, "discrete." (e: Many) public breastfeeders (e: I've seen) act like they got something to prove, and do their best to do it as noticeably as humanly possible. Next step would to put a neon "OPEN" sign on their fucking blouse.

(e: happy now? jesus hepatitis christ)
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
You read so much into it, lol
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

Jaekus wrote:

lol. No I don't. It's like the complete opposite of watching a shoplifter trying not to get caught. Any sillier and they'd paint boobs on their boobs and break out into a rhyming chant when they strip down.
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

lol. No I don't. It's like the complete opposite of watching a shoplifter trying not to get caught.
Sorry, but you do. Whenever I see a woman breastfeeding her attention is focused on the baby, not to "prove" anything.

edit:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Any sillier and they'd paint boobs on their boobs and break out into a rhyming chant when they strip down.
I rest my case.

Last edited by Jaekus (2012-12-03 13:10:39)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

Bully for you if you haven't run into the public breastfeeding activists then.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6659|BC, Canada

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

BVC wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Haha, "discrete." Public breastfeeders act like they got something to prove, and do their best to do it as noticeably as humanly possible. Next step would to put a neon "OPEN" sign on their fucking blouse.
Actually, there are covers women can get for this. The odd person is a bit less discrete about it. But really if you think it's some kind of sexual exhibitionism, that's you who's weird in the head, not them.
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney

-Whiteroom- wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

BVC wrote:

Haha, "discrete." Public breastfeeders act like they got something to prove, and do their best to do it as noticeably as humanly possible. Next step would to put a neon "OPEN" sign on their fucking blouse.
Actually, there are covers women can get for this. The odd person is a bit less discrete about it. But really if you think it's some kind of sexual exhibitionism, that's you who's weird in the head, not them.
This ^
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6659|BC, Canada

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Really. The activists represent all breast feeding mothers? Isn't that kind of like lowing saying terrorists represent all Muslims?

Last edited by -Whiteroom- (2012-12-03 13:17:04)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

I don't care if they're using a cover. Sometimes I have to actually be paying attention to even notice it. That's fine. I'm talking about the "whip-the-shirt-up-and/or-off" women who seem to time it when as man possible observers are present. With a smirk.

-Whiteroom- wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Really. The activists represent all breast feeding mothers? Isn't that kind of like lowing saying terrorists represent all Muslims?
That's not what I said, dufus.
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
It's ironic you call him a dufus for accusing you of making a blanket statement when minutes ago you did the same to me in the other thread.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

I've been accused of making blanket statements in both threads which were made against other people's blanket statements. Fuck off, chicken/egg.
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
No, you started with the blanket statements in this thread when you said "Public breastfeeders act like they got something to prove, and do their best to do it as noticeably as humanly possible." How is that not a blanket statement? The post you quoted was simply defining the obvious difference between breast feeding and a sexual deviate.
tuckergustav
+1,590|5913|...

Dilbert_X wrote:

Why should mothers that choose to/are able to provide the most nutritionally sound sustenance for their child not have the same 'luxury' of feeding their child right where they are? Nobody gets offended when you bust out a baby bottle.  Given the fact that nursing babies require more frequent feedings, it makes sense that those mothers will be more likely to feed their babies on the spot. 

My opinion is that it is silly to ask a nursing mother to hide in the shadows for 20 minutes or so every 2-3 hours.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

Jaekus wrote:

No, you started with the blanket statements in this thread when you said "Public breastfeeders act like they got something to prove, and do their best to do it as noticeably as humanly possible." How is that not a blanket statement? The post you quoted was simply defining the obvious difference between breast feeding and a sexual deviate.
So I did. At the same time, that runs contrary to numerous other times I've said I don't care if it's done discretely or some gesture's made to the effect. But you're not going to knock people out of a debate by harping on a missing word or two. Particularly when it's a debate on fucking opinion.
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
Missing word? Nice backtrack.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard