af7ersh0ck
+6|6647|Albany, NY, USA
Why do people make it hell for these players?  The patch came out, now you don't have to worry about it.  Go play the game instead of stalking around looking for "cheaters" all the time as if you were getting payed to do so.

First of all, it was EA and Dice's fault for programming the game as such.  Second, if they glitch, a ban from the server should be a good enough punishment considering the short-tempered blind-sighted wisdom many players in stressful situations, that were created by these cheaters, have.  Third, it's just a game, not the world.  That guy's stats, cheats, glitching (whatever) - don't mean jack shit if he didn't get them the "proper way" (not really sure what that is yet, but whatever), so why should you care?  Fourth, some players that do stuff like this HAVE actually played the game the "way it's supposed to be played" to get most (if not some) of their stats.  While this is probably not the case, if he actually 'worked' (I'm using that term very lightly as it is a game after all) for any of it, he deserves that much.

Don't let short tempers run and ruin your gaming, or the gaming of others.  While these players may ruin the game for other players, a ban from that server (which they have probably worked very hard to find the perfect server to glitch on) is probably sufficient enough, you don't have to take it all the way up the ladder.  Vengeance is something that probably shouldn't be mixed up with a game.

This is definately not this guy's first time doing this, but other players do stuff like this because they are bored with what is already there, or want to try something just to fool around with it.

On the other hand, I doubt that EA will give a crap, sorry to say.

By the by, this may surprise you, but I DON'T support or have much sympathy at all for hackers.  They use third party software; a glitch or exploit already in the game itself that was overlooked is one thing, but introducing your own content to help you piss others off or get ahead is just a little too far.

Good luck and have fun guys!  See someone doing something like this?  Kick him off the server, don't start a revolution. 

Flames anyone?
Zefar
+116|6663|Sweden

af7ersh0ck wrote:

Why do people make it hell for these players?  The patch came out, now you don't have to worry about it.  Go play the game instead of stalking around looking for "cheaters" all the time as if you were getting payed to do so.
Some people just happen to get across them and then find that they are playing it the wrong way. So they will report him so that he won't be doing that thing for much longer if he wanna have a higher rank.

Plus it's their fault for actually using the exploit. And we dun like that kind of people on the servers.

Also you said a ban would be enough? um no, lets say there are 50 000 servers out there, 25 000+ of them have good ping. So this guy will be banned from 1 of 25 000 servers. Oh he will be able to cheat on several servers during a whole year before his servers run out.
Kiss_my_white_ass
Banned
+1|6689
The guys longest kill streak was 322.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6676|USA
797 Best ROund @ KArkand!? Nice.
af7ersh0ck
+6|6647|Albany, NY, USA

Zefar wrote:

In response to my first post on this thread:
Some people just happen to get across them and then find that they are playing it the wrong way. So they will report him so that he won't be doing that thing for much longer if he wanna have a higher rank.

Plus it's their fault for actually using the exploit. And we dun like that kind of people on the servers.

Also you said a ban would be enough? um no, lets say there are 50 000 servers out there, 25 000+ of them have good ping. So this guy will be banned from 1 of 25 000 servers. Oh he will be able to cheat on several servers during a whole year before his servers run out.
Sure - one ban from a server of 25,000 servers (considering that only a couple hundred at most will have the proportianate amount of players in them, won't be full, and will be set on ranked mode).  When you include the fact that he is most likely using Battlefield 2's built in Gamespy filter search, he'll only find a little over a hundred, since many of them do not even appear, especially ones from other continents or countries.  On top of that, let's say some are passworded - that brings it to around a hundred servers.

Now we get to the part that really limits problems like this:  Whether or not there is an administrator or the ability to hold a kick vote against the player.  The majority of servers have an administrator playing on them - those that do not visually have an administrator, instead will have a control daemon that is most likely being used by a 'silent' administrator from time to time (he will probably find himself banned quickly from such a server). 

To make matters even more difficult, almost every server I have played on has had the kick vote system enabled on it.  That leaves him about 30 or so servers (on a really, really good day) to play on without having the problem of being kicked out of ruffly 50,000 servers worldwide.

I doubt anyone really goes through that much of a strain just to find a server to play on, but those who don't will get kicked and banned pretty quickly.

Anyways, so he's killed you, like, 20 times one game...  So what?  You've probably died quite a few times (assuming you're a regular on BF2) - it's not going to leave a crater in your K/D ratio.  That's just another 20 deaths you would have received from playing anyways.

Although yes, it IS their fault for using the exploit on the servers they join, so just ban them, you don't need a universal scrub-down of their stats.

About my couple posts in this thread - I'm speaking for those who exploit occasionally, not all the time...  But my geuss is that this is a second account, so you're probably just shooting blanks if he gets his account wiped.

Like I said before though, I doubt EA gives a crap anyways. 

By the way - thanks for the respectable response Zefar, I was ready to get flamed like a burger at a Superbowl tailgate party. 

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard