RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6707|US

Adams_BJ wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

So what is a safe direction? Point it down and it can ricochet which can be just as dangerous as bullets fired into the air or ceiling.
not up, not pointing in someones general direction. if you have at least got it pointing down, and not facing someones general direction and it does go off, it will probably ricochet into a safe direction, and fall not too far from you. Shit hold it parallel to the deck if its the only safe option. I don't see up ever being safe, you just don't know where it will land if it does fire.

especially when you are inside a hangar like it looks they are inside.. Hell one even has the barrel pointed at the other guys knee caps
Valid points.  There are very few completely safe directions while inside a ship though...
Toward a solid object is about as good as you are going to get.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6511|Πάϊ

Ty wrote:

recruitment tool.
and a bad one at that... gone are the good ole days when you had real actors play the parts
ƒ³
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5991|Vortex Ring State

Ty wrote:

Also I don't know why they're promoting that whole "featuring active duty Navy Seals" thing. Am I supposed to think that this will make it more believable? I'd me more impressed if it said "featuring active duty film and television actors".
real navy seals are more manly than actors. I would find it interesting to see how well they act.

go figure.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Gun-wank drama of a long trailer and I still have no idea what this movie's plot is. Will probably see at some point to see how well SEALs can act.

-Sh1fty- wrote:

So what is a safe direction? Point it down and it can ricochet which can be just as dangerous as bullets fired into the air or ceiling.
Ricochet, seriously? Wasn't there just an article about a manslaughter against a 15 year old girl from a guy firing his gun in the air? Down is the safest direction (just not at your feet).
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6511|Πάϊ
There is no plot newbie... Unless by plot you mean a sentence written on a napkin
ƒ³
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5991|Vortex Ring State

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Gun-wank drama of a long trailer and I still have no idea what this movie's plot is. Will probably see at some point to see how well SEALs can act.

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Ricochet, seriously? Wasn't there just an article about a manslaughter against a 15 year old girl from a guy firing his gun in the air? Down is the safest direction (just not at your feet).
yeah falling bullets are really dangerous... UN has actually done educational programs on how dangerous it is.

but yeah this movie will have no (coherent) plot, trailer looks like something straight out of MW2 (ohey bad guys in Afghanistan owait they're attacking in the US), most people who watch it will watch it to see how well SEALs can act (if I do, that's what I'll be looking for...)

speaking of which, are ALL military personnel represented by their actual counterparts IRL? Or just the main 5-8 characters?
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5466|Ventura, California

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

A guy got his nose pretty much shot completely off because of a ricochet from a gun being pointed downwards.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6729|Oxferd Ohire
ok newbie you could say in front of you is the safest (as long as its pointed over the ocean)
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

oug wrote:

There is no plot newbie... Unless by plot you mean a sentence written on a napkin
It's like someone watched a bunch of war films, played some video games then wrote down the summary of whatever lucid dream they had afterwards. What's the mission? Where's the mission? How many missions are there? Why is there a submarine? It showed people back home, is it about coping? WTF?

Act of Valor even has the same cadence to it as Call of Duty, so...

-Sh1fty- wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

A guy got his nose pretty much shot completely off because of a ricochet from a gun being pointed downwards.
Also keep your finger off of the trigger unless you're going to shoot something. It's really just common sense stuff. Don't point a gun at something/someone you don't want to shoot, know if it's loaded when you handle it (or hand it off) and don't fuck around with the trigger, as tempting as it might be to an idle finger.

I mean, which is more likely?
a) Being hit by a ricochet from a gun fired while pointed down.
b) Being hit by a gun fired while pointed at you.

Should I just disregard decades and decades of common knowledge due to the unlikelyhood of an accidental firearm discharge towards the ground causing a deadly ricochet?
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6183|Roma
yeah, better watch those ricochets. Although, i once heard of a guy who knew a guy that saw someone get killed by a gun that was pointed at him. I guess you never can tell.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6560|Mountains of NC

just dismantle the weapon till your field of fire is clear, you have positive proof of your target, the surrounding area and background is clear of any possible danger ... then assemble
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
eleven bravo
+1,399|5251|foggy bottom
I knew a guy
Tu Stultus Es
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

oug wrote:

It's like someone watched a bunch of war films, played some video games then wrote down the summary of whatever lucid dream they had afterwards. What's the mission? Where's the mission? How many missions are there? Why is there a submarine? It showed people back home, is it about coping? WTF?

Act of Valor even has the same cadence to it as Call of Duty, so...

-Sh1fty- wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Also keep your finger off of the trigger unless you're going to shoot something. It's really just common sense stuff. Don't point a gun at something/someone you don't want to shoot, know if it's loaded when you handle it (or hand it off) and don't fuck around with the trigger, as tempting as it might be to an idle finger.

I mean, which is more likely?
a) Being hit by a ricochet from a gun fired while pointed down.
b) Being hit by a gun fired while pointed at you.

Should I just disregard decades and decades of common knowledge due to the unlikelyhood of an accidental firearm discharge towards the ground causing a deadly ricochet?
I'm not arguing here. I was just saying you could be hit from a gun pointed at the ground. I'm good with gun safety, I go shooting a lot. Whenever I am not shooting but holding a weapon it's always pointed at the ground and not in anybody's general direction.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

eleven bravo wrote:

I knew a guy
Did he have a beautiful singing voice?
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6682|Tampa Bay Florida

wikipedia wrote:

It stars Alex Veadov, Rosalyn Sanchez, Nestor Serrano, Emilio Rivera and actual active duty U.S. Navy SEALs.
What a crock of shit.  The SEALs are just supporting extras, not the actual characters in the story.  Way to make a misleading trailer, A-holes!
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6767|Noizyland

RAIMIUS wrote:

Ty wrote:

The poster seems to suggest that not one of them can hold a rifle properly. "Silhouette pose, go!"

So, is Port Arms the only proper way to hold a rifle, in your opinion?

Personally, I go for pointing it in a safe direction, and making sure your trigger finger is not in the trigger guard.
All I know is that's I'd get a verbal bashing by a NCO if I was ever seen holding a rifle like that.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6615|Little Bentcock

Ty wrote:

RAIMIUS wrote:

Ty wrote:

The poster seems to suggest that not one of them can hold a rifle properly. "Silhouette pose, go!"

So, is Port Arms the only proper way to hold a rifle, in your opinion?

Personally, I go for pointing it in a safe direction, and making sure your trigger finger is not in the trigger guard.
All I know is that's I'd get a verbal bashing by a NCO if I was ever seen holding a rifle like that.
and a butt bashing afterwards, right?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
> dat video
> dat movie
> dat awessomeness
> dat shifty noob who can't use this type of writing properly
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6651|BC, Canada
Best thing about you shifty.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

Is that you have the body of a pre-teen girl, which some find attractive.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5745|Roma

Trotskygrad wrote:

Ty wrote:

Also I don't know why they're promoting that whole "featuring active duty Navy Seals" thing. Am I supposed to think that this will make it more believable? I'd me more impressed if it said "featuring active duty film and television actors".
real navy seals are more manly than actors. I would find it interesting to see how well they act.

go figure.
I thought you were not allowed to film active duty seals.

Last edited by aerodynamic (2012-02-05 12:14:51)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5745|Roma
in response to the mericans-

ru vs georgia.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5694|College Park, MD
we get an advanced screening at my uni on February 16th

no idea why but I'm not complaining, you all are jelly
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

we get an advanced screening at my uni on February 16th

no idea why but I'm not complaining, you all are jelly
recruitment tool.

youngins are the perfect group to join the military.

duh.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard