GeoEnvi
+22|6679|Philadelphia, PA
Cheers to developers for leaving in a few game mechanics that allow sandbox style play.  I used to love camping the Essex on Wake in BF2.  Can't do that in BF3, but there are still a few tricks left:

- Vehicle hijacking.  Canals as US: the RUS Z-11 is just begging for hijack.  So is the RUS mobile AA on Wake.

- Top of the World.  Glad to see a familiar way to reach new heights is still available to the enterprising player.  How did HE get up THERE?

- Jihad jeeps.  No explanation needed.

- MAV bombing.  C4 and MAV your way to Death Delivery.

What are some of your favorite sandbox play styles?
thepilot91
+64|6229|Åland!

GeoEnvi wrote:

Cheers to developers for leaving in a few game mechanics that allow sandbox style play.  I used to love camping the Essex on Wake in BF2.  Can't do that in BF3, but there are still a few tricks left:

- Vehicle hijacking.  Canals as US: the RUS Z-11 is just begging for hijack.  So is the RUS mobile AA on Wake.

- Top of the World.  Glad to see a familiar way to reach new heights is still available to the enterprising player.  How did HE get up THERE?

- Jihad jeeps.  No explanation needed.

- MAV bombing.  C4 and MAV your way to Death Delivery.

What are some of your favorite sandbox play styles?
mav bombing is nolonger possible , it's been patched...atleast on PC
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6616|EU

I guess running over people with a bulldozer, that shit is slow as fuck so double satisfaction for that
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4961|Dundee, Scotland.
Yeah jihad jeeping is fun.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6651|BC, Canada

Camm wrote:

For some reason people still don't expect it. I've only seen myself and a few others do it on PS3. Feels great to thread the needle between 2 tanks and blow them both up.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6381|New York
I think people need to do the jihad jeep a bit better. I've had more than one person try to get me when I was in a tank and they really fucked it up. Jumped out of the jeep too early and didn't detonate. In total I've netted about 10 easy kills from unsuccessful attempts. People need to realize that they've got to jump out very close and detonate the C4 immediately.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

-Whiteroom- wrote:

Camm wrote:

For some reason people still don't expect it. I've only seen myself and a few others do it on PS3. Feels great to thread the needle between 2 tanks and blow them both up.
Yeah. I've been going for more spectacular aerial assaults lately; hitting jumps on to the top of tanks and such, jumping out in mid air and clacking the detonator.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6381|New York

Camm wrote:

-Whiteroom- wrote:

Camm wrote:

Yeah. I've been going for more spectacular aerial assaults lately; hitting jumps on to the top of tanks and such, jumping out in mid air and clacking the detonator.
Does it count as a C4 kill? I haven't attempted it yet in BF3.
Ryan
+1,230|6836|Alberta, Canada

heggs wrote:

I think people need to do the jihad jeep a bit better. I've had more than one person try to get me when I was in a tank and they really fucked it up. Jumped out of the jeep too early and didn't detonate. In total I've netted about 10 easy kills from unsuccessful attempts. People need to realize that they've got to jump out very close and detonate the C4 immediately.
Too chickenshit to die by suicide. It is jihad jeeping, meaning you should die when you go to bomb a tank, but they just want the kill and no suicide.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6381|New York

Ryan wrote:

heggs wrote:

Too chickenshit to die by suicide. It is jihad jeeping, meaning you should die when you go to bomb a tank, but they just want the kill and no suicide.
Yeah, but if you know what you're doing, you can hop out just in time so that the jeep rolls with enough momentum and slams into the side of the tank. You should be far enough away to detonate the C4 and still survive. I've successfully done it that way both in BF2 and 2142.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

Ryan wrote:

heggs wrote:

Careful guys, we got a badass over here.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
eleven bravo
+1,399|5252|foggy bottom
tough guy, huh
Tu Stultus Es
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6493|so randum
on the internet!
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
jord
+2,382|6671|The North, beyond the wall.
the jeeps are that fast that you don't need to die when doing jihad jeeps.

i should know because the only way to tk people is to drive a jeep at them and bail out so it hits them. i learnt this in beta when waiting for heli.

awesome
Ryan
+1,230|6836|Alberta, Canada

Exactly. People think they have to smash into the tank, then jump out, run and detonate. Improper technique.
Or they are chickenshit and bail too early. Improper technique #2.

Last edited by Ryan (2011-12-19 13:43:13)

Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6646
jord we need to go attack chopper k
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5746|Roma
road kill people with the chopper.
Managed to kill a few but most of the times i just end up crashing.
There was once where I kamikazed into a wall because there were 3 guys camping there.
It was brutal....
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Lost Hope
Lurker
+20|6319|Brussels, Belgium

jord wrote:

the jeeps are that fast that you don't need to die when doing jihad jeeps.

i should know because the only way to tk people is to drive a jeep at them and bail out so it hits them. i learnt this in beta when waiting for heli.

awesome
^ This, jeeps go so fast that you can jump out way before it reaches the tank and get the kill without any risk for yourself.

What I like too is the C4 kills after respawning, it's still possible.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/9c9f8f6ff3579a4c711aa54bbb9e928ec0786003.png
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5781|Catherine Black

GeoEnvi wrote:

I used to love camping the Essex on Wake in BF2.
You are a disgusting excuse for a human being.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
GeoEnvi

Finray wrote:

GeoEnvi wrote:

I was going to reply that you must have been one of my disgruntled Favorite Victims from an Essex Encounter, but then I checked your stats.  <12 hrs total in BF2, no time spent on Wake.  Whereas I spent almost 400 hrs playing just Wake in BF2. 

It wouldn't be a leap of faith to say that, cumulatively, I took longer bathroom breaks while playing BF2 than you actually played it.

Remind me again, dear neophyte, why your assessment of my value to the human race should matter to me, or anyone?

Last edited by GeoEnvi (2011-12-20 06:33:49)

globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6316|Graz, Austria

Lost Hope wrote:

What I like too is the C4 kills after respawning, it's still possible.
Wait a minute...
You mean you can detonate the already deployed C4 after you respawn in BF3?
Without picking up your previous kit like in BF2?
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

GeoEnvi wrote:

Finray wrote:

GeoEnvi wrote:

I was going to reply that you must have been one of my disgruntled Favorite Victims from an Essex Encounter, but then I checked your stats.  <12 hrs total in BF2, no time spent on Wake.  Whereas I spent almost 400 hrs playing just Wake in BF2. 

It wouldn't be a leap of faith to say that, cumulatively, I took longer bathroom breaks while playing BF2 than you actually played it.

Remind me again, dear neophyte, why your assessment of my value to the human race should matter to me, or anyone?
that's his second account dipshit
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5781|Catherine Black

Camm wrote:

GeoEnvi wrote:

Finray wrote:

that's my second account dipshit

also that link there, that account's been wrongly reset like 4 times so I stopped giving a fuck.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
GeoEnvi

Finray wrote:

Camm wrote:

GeoEnvi wrote:

that's my second account dipshit

also that link there, that account's been wrongly reset like 4 times so I stopped giving a fuck.
Wrongly? LOL.

"That's his/my second account dipshit." Do you and Camm share a brain?

Last edited by GeoEnvi (2011-12-20 08:46:06)

Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6564

GeoEnvi wrote:

"That's his/my second account dipshit." Do you and Camm share a brain?
actually.......

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard