FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6509|so randum
normal to make profit on the physical and mental wellbeing of actual humans?

lol ok
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6509|so randum
so like you see some dude bleeding out in the street and well 'he should have made better choices in life' or 'shoulda got better cover buddy!'
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5367|London, England

FatherTed wrote:

so like you see some dude bleeding out in the street and well 'he should have made better choices in life' or 'shoulda got better cover buddy!'
Umm, ok. That has anything to do with this conversation? No.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6509|so randum
it's to do with the bit where you're cool about people's health being dependant on someone wanting to make money
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

FatherTed wrote:

lol ok
Can you farm? Can you raise chickens or cows or pigs? Can you plant a field of wheat or corn? Can you make cheese? I can't. I must pay a farmer to produce these products for me so that I can eat. I must eat to live. I can't perform open heart surgery on myself either. I must pay a doctor to perform this surgery on me. I definitely need the former to live. I might need the latter to live. Yet somehow, you begrudge the doctor the ability to earn a profit but have no such issue with the farmer. Too funny.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

FatherTed wrote:

it's to do with the bit where you're cool about people's health being dependant on someone wanting to make money
Hospitals can't deny treatment to anyone, regardless of their insurance coverage.
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6479
yes they can.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
EUROS AND AUSSIES: Last time I say this.

1) Those who are poor receive Medicaid. This is state sponsored health insurance. It is need based. Prove you are poor and you qualify.

2) Those that are old receive Medicare. This is federal sponsored health insurance. It is not need based. Everyone over the age of 65 qualifies.

3) Our hospitals are required to accept and care for all patients regardless of their ability to pay.

4) We do not have people dying in our gutters from lack of medical care.

Thank you.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Uzique wrote:

yes they can.
No motherfucker, they can not. Now shut the fuck up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency_ … _Labor_Act
-Frederick Bastiat
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6690|Disaster Free Zone

Jay wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

lol ok
Can you farm? Can you raise chickens or cows or pigs? Can you plant a field of wheat or corn? Can you make cheese? I can't. I must pay a farmer to produce these products for me so that I can eat. I must eat to live.
Yes, can do all that. Not that I want to and prefer to pay someone else, but it's all pretty simple.

I can't perform open heart surgery on myself either. I must pay a doctor to perform this surgery on me. I definitely need the former to live. I might need the latter to live. Yet somehow, you begrudge the doctor the ability to earn a profit but have no such issue with the farmer. Too funny.
That I can't do, not just from a technical standpoint, cause operating on ones heart while unconscious probably wont go so well even if you knew what to do.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6479
lol 1986. also define emergency, their discretion?
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6690|Disaster Free Zone
While you're at it define poor.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Uzique wrote:

lol 1986. also define emergency, their discretion?
Nope. Walk into any emergency room and you'll be treated. Sniffles? Treated. Arm hanging off? Treated. Yes, they will attempt to charge you a la the schizophrenic kid in the OP. But, since you don't need any proof of identification you can just falsify your information. This is part of the reason our insurance rates are so high. Hospitals pass on the cost of non-payment to the rest of us.
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6479
oh great system
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5595

Participating hospitals may only transfer or discharge patients needing emergency treatment under their own informed consent, after stabilization, or when their condition requires transfer to a hospital better equipped to administer the treatment. [2]

EMTALA applies to "participating hospitals." The statute defines "participating hospitals" as those that accept payment from the Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) under the Medicare program.[3]
From the first few lines of your link retard. Someone quote me.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Macbeth wrote:

Participating hospitals may only transfer or discharge patients needing emergency treatment under their own informed consent, after stabilization, or when their condition requires transfer to a hospital better equipped to administer the treatment. [2]

EMTALA applies to "participating hospitals." The statute defines "participating hospitals" as those that accept payment from the Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) under the Medicare program.[3]However, in practical terms, EMTALA applies to virtually all hospitals in the U.S., with the exception of the Shriners Hospitals for Children, Indian Health Service hospitals, and Veterans Affairs hospitals.
Learn to read child.
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5595

Jay wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

EMTALA applies to "participating hospitals." The statute defines "participating hospitals" as those that accept payment from the Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) under the Medicare program.[3]However, in practical terms, EMTALA applies to virtually all hospitals in the U.S., with the exception of the Shriners Hospitals for Children, Indian Health Service hospitals, and Veterans Affairs hospitals.
Learn to read child.
You unblocked me? Good to know.

A full quote of that line is better.
EMTALA applies to "participating hospitals." The statute defines "participating hospitals" as those that accept payment from the Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) under the Medicare program.[3] However, in practical terms, EMTALA applies to virtually all hospitals in the U.S., with the exception of the Shriners Hospitals for Children, Indian Health Service hospitals, and Veterans Affairs hospitals.[citation needed]
I left out the unsourced bit and left in the sourced bit. You know the difference between sourced and confirmed things and unsourced and unconfirmed things right?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
You were never blocked. I've been reading you snipe at me for weeks now. You seriously, seriously, need to get a life. I swear to god you're so fucking obsessed that you jerk off to images of me. Seek help, again, please.
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5595

Jay wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

One was for schizophrenia, not suicide. The mental hospital stay from the suicide attempt was forced, not voluntary. Did you read the OP?
I have Macbeth blocked.
You said you didn't read the OP because I was blocked earlier in the thread. So either you really didn't read the OP or you were lying to cover up your own bullshit sooo
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5595

Jay wrote:

I swear to god you're so fucking obsessed that you jerk off to images of me.
Pointing out how wrong you are about everything amuses me. It takes up a good 1% of my day but is immensely pleasurable. You are my version of shifty.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Macbeth wrote:

Jay wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

One was for schizophrenia, not suicide. The mental hospital stay from the suicide attempt was forced, not voluntary. Did you read the OP?
I have Macbeth blocked.
You said you didn't read the OP because I was blocked earlier in the thread. So either you really didn't read the OP or you were lying to cover up your own bullshit sooo
I did read the OP, I was just hoping that over time you would get that I don't want to talk to you, don't want to read what you write, and don't want any contact with you. I don't need an ignore feature to skip your posts. So please, go about your life as if I don't exist. Don't talk about me, don't think about me, certainly don't address me, I don't like you.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Macbeth wrote:

Jay wrote:

I swear to god you're so fucking obsessed that you jerk off to images of me.
Pointing out how wrong you are about everything amuses me. It takes up a good 1% of my day but is immensely pleasurable. You are my version of shifty.
The only thing you've ever proven is that you are mentally unhinged.
-Frederick Bastiat
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6162|what

Health insurance plans rarely cover any and all health-related expenses, so even if you think you're covered there's a good chance you won't be.

What happens when you can't cover the costs based on your insurance? You end up in debt on top of any lost income already incured from your illness.

I don't think throwing another expense at someone who has already likely lost income is a good idea.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5595

Jay wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Jay wrote:

I have Macbeth blocked.
I did read the OP, I was just hoping that over time you would get that I don't want to talk to you, don't want to read what you write, and don't want any contact with you. I don't need an ignore feature to skip your posts. So please, go about your life as if I don't exist. Don't talk about me, don't think about me, certainly don't address me, I don't like you.
Why would you go into a thread and spend two pages forming an argument around something you clearly know has nothing to do with the OP then?

That's really really stupid.

Last edited by Macbeth (2011-12-19 20:04:06)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

AussieReaper wrote:

Health insurance plans rarely cover any and all health-related expenses, so even if you think you're covered there's a good chance you won't be.

What happens when you can't cover the costs based on your insurance? You end up in debt on top of any lost income already incured from your illness.

I don't think throwing another expense at someone who has already likely lost income is a good idea.
It's not like they are asked to pay a lump sum payment. I talked to one guy on another forum, and he had racked up $200,000 in debt because he'd lost his job, and his health coverage, and was diagnosed with cancer six months later. He called up the hospital, claimed hardship, and set up a payment plan. He pays $200/month
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard