coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6714|England. Stoke

heggs wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

SOFLAM will manually laser-designate targets. You can do it manually if you want. Range seems random. Sometimes I can lock really far, other times it won't lock onto something really close.
I think it might be due to the Line of sight for the SOFLAM? When I've used it manually, I noticed that I could only laser paint vehicles that I could actually see. Once they went behind a hill or something, I lost them.

Someone else might want to confirm if they saw something similar.
No it wont designate through hills...
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5041|Massachusetts, USA
Generally speaking. If shifty provides any information, one should assume he is wrong.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6678|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
The Javelin is getting on my tits.  Its not powerful enough, you a hit a tank and the fucker keeps going.  Thats bollocks. I dont like tanks, choppers, planes and shit so I would have a moan about it
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5689|SQUID
yep, that would be balanced.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5041|Massachusetts, USA

1927 wrote:

The Javelin is getting on my tits.  Its not powerful enough, you a hit a tank and the fucker keeps going.  Thats bollocks. I dont like tanks, choppers, planes and shit so I would have a moan about it
Gotta team up with someone using a soflam. Then the jav becomes awesome. Helis dont stand a chance (unless they are using ecm.) Soflam also allows the jav to target stuff behind buildings and hills. Provided the target is painted.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6393|New York
How do you manage to get a lock with the jav and then fire upwards? I got a lock this morning, and looked up to fire so it hits top down, but lost the lock.

Does the jav automatically hit from the top? Am I totally fucking up this technique somehow?
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6317

It's similar to the RPG/CG lock in BC2, you have to flick the scope up once you have the lock and fire immediately.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6228|Escea

heggs wrote:

How do you manage to get a lock with the jav and then fire upwards? I got a lock this morning, and looked up to fire so it hits top down, but lost the lock.

Does the jav automatically hit from the top? Am I totally fucking up this technique somehow?
Jav is by default in direct mode, so it'll fly straight at the target level. When you use it with a SOFLAM it goes into top attack. So even if you look level, it'll still shoot up. Although aiming up can help you clear obstacles sometimes.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6386|the land of bourbon
if you look up really fast and fire it will maintain the lock.  don't stare at the sky or it will lose it... just lock on, then swing up and fire instantly.

eh, lrn2read steelie

bugz wrote:

It's similar to the RPG/CG lock in BC2, you have to flick the scope up once you have the lock and fire immediately.

Last edited by steelie34 (2012-01-13 09:33:34)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6626|London, England
Whatever Assault Rifle + Underbarrel + MASS M26w/ Frag Rounds is a good combination. You can spam the frags at someone (and it causes a big suppression effect) and then finish them off with the rifle, if you use it as an underbarrel attachment it flips so fast that it makes it worthwhile even in close range. Especially because frags rounds have splash damage. Was using to good effect on sharqi. It's abit disappointing that the frag rounds don't do damage to the environment though, they ought to chip away through walls and such.

I have a hotkey so I can switch quickly from the M26 to the rifle, you need something like that so you can switch quickly. Go in, spam a few frag rounds, switch to the rifle. Good for taking people out behind cover ...it's a nice little kit setup for Assault.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6660

I unlocked the M26 frag rounds recently and wasn't a big fan. The M26 MASS is a great one hit kill close range weapon, but I just didn't get that with the frag rounds. Does it have more spread or something?
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5514|America
Anyone got a suggestion for an lmg for a starting support player. Anyone have a preference?
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
jsnipy
+3,276|6527|...

default ones work just fine (like 1/2 assault rilfe). PKP is a good weapon is you want to remain consistent.
Roc18
`
+655|5796|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

Blade4509 wrote:

Anyone got a suggestion for an lmg for a starting support player. Anyone have a preference?
PKP and MG36. 100 and 200 rounds allow you to kill more effectively than the RPK and the other starting LMG.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5514|America
Alright Imma go try this PKP out. inb4intrigued

<3
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6348
I prefer the M249. PKP seems to be a bit random.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5479|Ventura, California
PKP has massive recoil but if you can deal with that the thing has absolutely massive damage.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Roc18
`
+655|5796|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
The recoil is very predictable especially with foregrip, ADS, burst fire + 200 rounds = accuracy
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
I don't use foregrips with my LMGs. I'm too busy setting them up and covering a high traffic area too be moving around.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6228|Escea

PKP and the M240 become super-accurate if you give them sustained fire. They jump around at first, but then they settle and almost don't move, and that's with a foregrip.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5514|America
PkP with bi-pod is working wonders so far. If I'm going with a foregrip gun it's been the M249. Can't kill something standing still with that M240 yet get 1 shotted with it every time. ffffuuuuuuuuuuuuu...
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
KH2002 is the best gun in this game - hands down!

I absolutely love it! Using foregrip, heavy barrel, and iron sights on it. The thing has absolutely no recoil and the delay interval between shots is practically nonexistent so it feels like it fires in full auto and yet you can squeeze the trigger once at longer ranges and get 3 hits.

<3 xoxo
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6348
What sidearm to you guys reckon is the best?
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6660

Been having no problems with the M1911 w/ tac light (if I'm going to be switching to my pistol, it's probably because I'm in some shit and can't take cover and reload, so might as well blind the fools).

Equipped the M93-R on my recon class and had to resort to it once. Didn't let me down. Dunno what they were thinking when they designed it in BC2.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5758|Roma

Sisco wrote:

What sidearm to you guys reckon is the best?
magnum and rex
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard