Sturgeon
+488|4912|Flintshire

gurdeep wrote:

do you guys get the glitch where when u tv a ground target youre like stuck underground? shit happened to me like 5 times yesterday
Yep, you have to jump out then back in to fix it
https://bf3s.com/sigs/3dda27c6d0d9b22836605b152b9d214b99507f91.png
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5724|Roma
Havoc....y U No Turn
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
gurdeep
­
+812|4726|proll­y

Sturgeon wrote:

gurdeep wrote:

do you guys get the glitch where when u tv a ground target youre like stuck underground? shit happened to me like 5 times yesterday
Yep, you have to jump out then back in to fix it
nah you can fire another tv once it reloads
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

TV missiles are so awful. Now more than ever, your pilot has to line you up properly and you can't make any quick maneuvers with it. I blame the consolefags. Clicking on a spot with the mouse was fine, but the consoletards can't do that, so it has to be controlled like a joystick. Fuck you consolemongs. I hate you.
gurdeep
­
+812|4726|proll­y
tvs def suck compared to bf2, but you just gotta keep practicing with them and theyre decent. having a good pilot is the most important thing
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6314

gurdeep wrote:

tvs def suck compared to bf2, but you just gotta keep practicing with them and theyre decent. having a good pilot is the most important thing
I still prefer the guided missiles. TV´s really force the pilot to play passive, otherwise you never get a good setup. And I´m not sure, but can you use countermeasures while piloting the TV?
With the guided ones, you start the lock when the pilot makes a rocket run and by the time you are past the target, your guided missile hits it and the targets toast.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
gurdeep
­
+812|4726|proll­y
i just do what jord tells me
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6314
That works too i guess
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5444|Ventura, California

GeoEnvi wrote:

Shifty: Interesting use of the nose painter with the attack chopper for A-to-A engagements using the Guided Missle. Is the AGM OHK on enemy choppers? Do flares or ECM break the AGM lock?
It's a one-hit-kill. ECM breaks the initial lock but once the missile is fired you're screwed. Flares don't do anything. The only downside is that you have to be closer to lock on with the guided missile than with air-to-air missiles but it doesn't really matter since I use ECM then rush the enemy chopper.

GeoEnvi wrote:

On most maps, I think Guided Rockets make a great choice for a pilot with flares and AAM.  You can engaged armor from well over 750m with a clear shot. Mobile AA don't stand a chance to get you from that far out.  Ditto for CITV tank whores.  And they totally rape buggies, especially if the dude is riding Jihad-style!
At this point I'm not sure if you're talking about the TV missile or the guided missile.

GeoEnvi wrote:

Anyone know the best way to avoid SAMs and AAMs in an attack helo? I discovered that it's possible to avoid an AAM hit if I can drop 50m or so straight down in a hurry.  The AAMs fly right overhead and go toward my main rotor.  Sometimes they miss.  Damn MPADS hit you regardless.  Even after diving behind obstructions.
Did you read what I said about flight paths and coordinating flare and ECM deployments? By not exposing the rear of your chopper to an enemy capture point or friendly point being captured you will know that the missile is coming from in front. So when you're locked onto, deploy ECM and scan for a tank using CITV or a SOFLAM. If neither of those are present your gunner is going to need to be prepared to deploy his flares after the missile is launched. Then you can switch to 3D person view or cockpit view (pilot and gunner, respectively) you'll see where the missile came from and you can go eliminate the threat before he can reload and lock-on again.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6352|the land of bourbon

gurdeep wrote:

i'm glad you got to play with someone good.  it definitely has rape potential, but i find those rounds far and few between.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5724|Roma

-Sh1fty- wrote:

GeoEnvi wrote:

Shifty: Interesting use of the nose painter with the attack chopper for A-to-A engagements using the Guided Missle. Is the AGM OHK on enemy choppers? Do flares or ECM break the AGM lock?
It's a one-hit-kill. ECM breaks the initial lock but once the missile is fired you're screwed. Flares don't do anything. The only downside is that you have to be closer to lock on with the guided missile than with air-to-air missiles but it doesn't really matter since I use ECM then rush the enemy chopper.

GeoEnvi wrote:

On most maps, I think Guided Rockets make a great choice for a pilot with flares and AAM.  You can engaged armor from well over 750m with a clear shot. Mobile AA don't stand a chance to get you from that far out.  Ditto for CITV tank whores.  And they totally rape buggies, especially if the dude is riding Jihad-style!
At this point I'm not sure if you're talking about the TV missile or the guided missile.

GeoEnvi wrote:

Anyone know the best way to avoid SAMs and AAMs in an attack helo? I discovered that it's possible to avoid an AAM hit if I can drop 50m or so straight down in a hurry.  The AAMs fly right overhead and go toward my main rotor.  Sometimes they miss.  Damn MPADS hit you regardless.  Even after diving behind obstructions.
Did you read what I said about flight paths and coordinating flare and ECM deployments? By not exposing the rear of your chopper to an enemy capture point or friendly point being captured you will know that the missile is coming from in front. So when you're locked onto, deploy ECM and scan for a tank using CITV or a SOFLAM. If neither of those are present your gunner is going to need to be prepared to deploy his flares after the missile is launched. Then you can switch to 3D person view or cockpit view (pilot and gunner, respectively) you'll see where the missile came from and you can go eliminate the threat before he can reload and lock-on again.
or just hide behind the mountain whne you are playing firestorm as US.
i do that all the time, pop up, fire some rockets and let the gunner do the rest of the job.
If you get locked on then let them fire the missile and see where it is coming from and just hide behind the mountain again. The missile will just hit the mountain.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5230|foggy bottom

steelie34 wrote:

gurdeep wrote:

i'm glad you got to play with someone good.  it definitely has rape potential, but i find those rounds far and few between.
jords not that good
Tu Stultus Es
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

aerodynamic wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

GeoEnvi wrote:

GeoEnvi wrote:

GeoEnvi wrote:

i do that all the time, pop up, fire some rockets and let the gunner do the rest of the job.
If you get locked on then let them fire the missile and see where it is coming from and just hide behind the mountain again. The missile will just hit the mountain.
That's pretty damn far. Without zoom optics which trades out for other important gadgets, I don't see how you could accurately engage, let alone see, somebody at the first flag closest to the RU base.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5724|Roma

-Sh1fty- wrote:

aerodynamic wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

GeoEnvi wrote:

GeoEnvi wrote:

That's pretty damn far. Without zoom optics which trades out for other important gadgets, I don't see how you could accurately engage, let alone see, somebody at the first flag closest to the RU base.
Try it, you would be amazed.
The gunner only has to shoot the tv missile, and you just fire the semi guided rockets.
And for choppers, they will come to you.
jord
+2,382|6649|The North, beyond the wall.

eleven bravo wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

gurdeep wrote:

jords not that good
hey, fuck you
GeoEnvi
+22|6658|Philadelphia, PA

-Sh1fty- wrote:

GeoEnvi wrote:

Glad to read about the OHK AGMs.

I was talking Guided Rockets.

I understood your effective strategy to avoid getting hit, but I was looking for ideas to avoid hits WITHOUT ECM or flares after SAM or AAM launch.  (e.g. dodging, closing distance a la Crimson Tide)
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin
Does anyone enjoy having a stinger and javelin engineer buddies in a scout helicopter? So much fun, in scout helicopter duels it is awesome having your buddy use a stinger to take out the enemy scout heli's flairs from a scout helicopter and then locking on the aircraft with your aa missiles to deal the finishing blow. Now as for the Javelin buddy, have either you or one of the passengers be support and communicate with your Javelin buddy as a pilot having him lock on to enemy vehicles and either killing them or damaging them for you to finish off, then find a safe landing spot for you to replenish his Javelin ammo. So much damn fun doing such things.

Last edited by War Man (2012-01-19 10:49:37)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4939|Dundee, Scotland.

War Man wrote:

Does anyone enjoy having a stinger and javelin engineer buddies in a scout helicopter? So much fun, in scout helicopter duels it is awesome having your buddy use a stinger to take out the enemy scout heli's flairs from a scout helicopter and then locking on the aircraft with your aa missiles to deal the finishing blow. Now as for the Javelin buddy, have either you or one of the passengers be support and communicate with your Javelin buddy as a pilot having him lock on to enemy vehicles and either killing them or damaging them for you to finish off, then find a safe landing spot for you to replenish his Javelin ammo. So much damn fun doing such things.
I posted a video in the media thread where I was soloing in a scout chopper changing between pilot, repairs and javelins.

Last edited by Camm (2012-01-19 13:45:47)

for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6352|the land of bourbon
is there a way to switch out of the tv missle view if you miss a shot?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

Press E. Just don't wait too late or you might eject out of the helicopter.
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6312|Atlanta, Georgia

I needed this video to show me what guided rockets were. I never knew.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
I always thought they were the hellfires that the gunner uses but apparently not. It's very 2142-esque of those gunship rockets that would track air vehicles. Definitely going to make my life easier. thanks Nexus
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5655|SQUID
More like Vietnam seekers.
GeoEnvi
+22|6658|Philadelphia, PA

War Man wrote:

No need for a safe landing spot.  Have the support "stick" them to the outside of the Support Heli before takeoff.  Having support pilot with targeting enabled would help those Javelin locks too.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5735|Belgium

NeXuS wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiice99OcLs

I needed this video to show me what guided rockets were. I never knew.
Mind = blown

I've been using the 'regular' rockets forever as a pilot, so I'm guessing those aren't the same?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard