uziq
+492|3450
yes, the insular hasidim, who live in their own neighbourhoods, go to their own shops, travel around in their own people carriers, are surely responsible for NYC's coronavirus.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX
I'm sure there's some other explanation for NYC having five times the infection rate of Chicago.

It can't be a significant proportion of the population consistently ignoring all preventative measures, it just can't.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3450
the hasidim are not a significant portion of NYC’s population.

but yes, it’s the jews’ fault that a virus arrived in the world’s most global city from europe. i’m sure all those european carriers went to NYC especially to consult a rabbi.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
You don't think its strange that four months in they're still flouting all community expectations?

If muslims had been doing it there'd have been a cavalcade of teletubbies in tactical gear demanding the govt do something.
uziq
+492|3450
i think it’s very strange that you’re blaming a tiny, insular community who have very little contact with the outside world for 1 million infections nationwide, yes.

they can flout the rules all they like. that’s what the law is for. you blaming jews for spreading coronavirus is fucking retarded.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I didn't blame them for all America's infections, just the colossal bubble centred on, um, them.
Weird no?
uziq
+492|3450
a virus in an insular, close community who are averse to modern medicine and mores spreads relentlessly. who knew?

where you go too far is in ascribing new york's higher infection rate than, say, chicago to the fucking hasidim. that is plainly ridiculous. there are probably as many europeans getting off planes per month as there are hasidim in the entire city. new york has a high infection rate because it's the cultural and financial capitol of the biggest economy on the planet. no surprises there. it's not because of a bunch of orthodox jews. you are literally fucking beyond satire.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
All over the world the hasidim are flouting the law and getting infected like crazy, but I'm sure they're just keeping the virus to themselves because being so insular they couldn't have got their community infected in the first place.
uziq
+492|3450
the hasidim don't integrate in a community. hasn't that been your virulent critique of them here over the years? now they're a problem because they're infecting everyone? you can't have it both ways.

they live in close proximity to one another, they live with their families, they live with their elders, etc. they have larger families. yes a virus is going to spread very well in those conditions amongst that demographic. are they responsible for accelerating the virus in society at large? why are you mad at the hasidim and not, er, secular people going to beaches and parks, despite guidance? people going to pubs and bars in month 1 of the pandemic? no, it's the jews that really have got your goat. i wonder why?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I don't know, people going to parks and beaches don't seem to be spreading the virus the same way the hasidim are?

If the hasidim were integrated into the community they'd be following the laws and regulations, its pretty much the first unlock.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-04-30 06:33:16)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

uziq
+492|3450
you have it all ass-backwards, unsurprisingly. the fact they live in isolated and confined communities is precisely why the transmission rate is so high.

for e.g., one of the main reasons that the death rates are so different between western european countries and southern european countries is because, and especially in lombardy above all, the culture there is one where families live together and elders are housed with their children and grandchildren. it is very unusual for grandparents to live with grandchildren in the west. hasidim live in different-sized family units and have a much more integrated family life. it's not hard to wrap your head around.

'spreading the virus'. can you show me the evidence pointing to the hasidim being main vectors of the disease to the regular population? all i'm seeing is stories about the hasidim being struck by the virus particularly hard. which, again, isn't surprising. it only takes 1 or 2 to become infected before it then spreads around their close-knit community like a wildfire.

weird that you think regular people hanging out in close proximity at beaches, pubs, concerts, etc are mostly going to be fine, but those infected religious folk must be spreading it to everyone! because obviously the hasidim are in much closer contact with the goys than a bunch of gammons tanning together on a beach. thankfully viruses aren't as full of ridiculous prejudices as you are and will spread amongst the secular and the christian just as handily.

let's just face it: your thinking is infected with tropes and imagery from the history of early-20th century fascism. the foreigner/other as a 'germ', as a bearer of disease, as being 'dirty' where whites are not, unhygienic where whites are not, and especially as posing some unique existential threat. it's amazing that you'll sit here and read jay going about his daily business when he's still in the infection window, and conclude that 'regular' secular americans are 'not spreading it like the hasidim'.

Last edited by uziq (2020-04-30 07:59:46)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Having a huge pool of disease in the community is not a good thing, like having a bat farm in the middle of a city, even the Israelis are quarantining and complaining about the hasidim.
I guess Israelis must be anti-semitic now.
uziq
+492|3450
so funny that you’ll rely on your friends, the israelis, to prop up your own quackery. don’t forget to mention a dead palestinian child and get out your mum’s fiddle again.

i’m sorry but accusing the hasidim of being the reason that NYC has a sky high infection rate is bollocks. you cannot have it both ways and accuse these groups of being ‘bad for democracy’ by not integrating and then ‘bad for public health’ by spreading diseases around.

obviously i am in full support of everyone following quarantine guidelines, and there is a valid criticism to be made of anyone who disregards the health advice. but the hasidim responsible for NYC's plague bomb? no. your rhetoric isn't all too dissimilar from jay's when he blamed 'poor people' for the plague because they are turning up in way higher numbers in the positive results and fatality numbers. because, you know, poor people work on buses and in hospitals, and live in cramped tenements or stacked together.

Last edited by uziq (2020-05-01 01:57:58)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
OK you explain it.

I say:

Italy - Catholic behaviour grossly exacerbated the spread.

New York - Having a cohort of people who four months in still routinely flout anti-infection rules has probably done a lot of harm. If they're so insular how come they got infected in the first place?
uziq
+492|3450
the virus remains on surfaces and even in the air for a long time, it turns out. it's not hard to imagine how anyone contracted it. how did jay get it living in suburbia? it's clearly everywhere. their pattern of living and domestic arrangements clearly exacerbated the spread in their community, as opposed to the above suburban model. did jay give it to his entire extended family? probably not. a hasidim likely would.

this isn't complicated.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718
The Catholic Church shut down services. Italy's problem might be related to the fact that they are a more social country than awkward Chinese.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3450
these things have nothing do with religion, outside of extreme limit cases where pastors or sects refuse the medical advice.

italy was a matter of sociology and public health policy. people live together in families. elders interact with children. they lead a 'communal' life, as do the chinese.

the chinese adopted a very different strategy of isolation and monitoring to italy.

italy in fact made a mis-step in the early stages of 'mitigation', by closing schools and universities. many young people carrying the disease with little or no symptoms returned home at once, near to their elderly parents and in many cases grandparents, which then killed them off en masse. china went the opposite way and sent people with even mild symptoms into isolation, away from their families.

Last edited by uziq (2020-05-01 06:28:34)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I'm guessing that children who live with their parents continuing to live with their parents wasn't really a big factor in spreading the pandemic.

Also hundreds or thousands of people gathering to drink from the same cup or ladle could have been a factor.

There's still the question, four months in why is a sect in New York still not doing whats best for themselves and the wider community?
Its as if they don't care.
uziq
+492|3450
they probably don't, but neither evidently did jay, or any number of other groups. why are you singling them out?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Because they seem to be radically more infected than the rest of the community, and while most of the community seems to have woken up and started behaving they still haven't and don't seem to plan to.
uziq
+492|3450
'radically more infected', lol.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
The fact is they are.
uziq
+492|3450
why aren't you happy that they're exterminating themselves?

they hardly integrate or mix with the regular community so it's, again, not like they are the main culprits of spreading it around.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718
Why can't Hasidic Jews just go to Israel? Why can't all non-Christians just leave?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard