Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

eleven bravo wrote:

fat hearted is trying to play aoe2 now.   I played the shit out of rainbow 6.  first real mp game i played, that and dark forces jedi knight
R6 was my first multiplayer too. Shoot outs on the oil rig and the mint were great.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum
i think my first online shooter might have been the red faction demo actually. and good times playing MW4 on dialup
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
eleven bravo
+1,399|5260|foggy bottom
i take that back, the first game i played online was air warrior on aol and also some mechwarrior battletech arena thing
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5260|foggy bottom
when aol charged for service by the hour.  pissed my mom off a lot when she would see the bill.
Tu Stultus Es
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England

FatherTed wrote:

horrid memories of trying to make gaming zone work
I had some memorable AOE battles there There was this one AOE2 match that we set up as regicide, and in the forest map where everyone is basically their own island surrounded by forest. Some sneaky fuck drilled a hole through my forest wall and killed my king after I'd wiped out two of my neighbors
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

Was anyone into Tribes?
https://games.lisisoft.com/img/1/2/1227-1-tribes-2.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Hourly AOL service is why my cousin is a programmer now He got his start writing phishing software to pay for his AOL habit.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum
being spanish, sailing cannon ships down the coast, rape everything

ja ja ja
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6655

Me and my friend played C&C LAN. It was a big deal because not many people had computers in their household, let alone 2. They also had once of those zip drives, y'know, the floppy drive with even more space.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5260|foggy bottom
I used to be a part of the wannabe hacker club.  i dl dozens of proggies and warez from the private server and mass mail chat rooms.  got a lot of good games that noone remembers anymore.
Tu Stultus Es
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

First game ever- Doom 2 installed with 5 floppy disk. I still have those somewhere too.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

eleven bravo wrote:

I used to be a part of the wannabe hacker club.  i dl dozens of proggies and warez from the private server and mass mail chat rooms.  got a lot of good games that noone remembers anymore.
My cousin wrote a lot of those programs. TOS'ers, phishers, etc They'd all congregate in private chat rooms on AOL
-Frederick Bastiat
eleven bravo
+1,399|5260|foggy bottom
fate, aohell, aoice

sad noneone remembers air warrior.  aw was good, aw2 was great and aw3 i couldnt play cus my computer wasnt up to par.  then that game turned into some other shit and morphed with other games and now its aces high, which is crap.
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5260|foggy bottom
I thought i was a wiz when I got into some aol accounts by grabbing names from the christian chat rooms and putting religiousy words to crack the accounts.
Tu Stultus Es
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
aohell was his
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
The FBI actually raided his house and took his computer away when he was 17. No charges, he's just on hacker lists now
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

Jay wrote:

aohell was his
sure it was
eleven bravo
+1,399|5260|foggy bottom
i lost so many aol accounts for mailbombs and talking shit in chat rooms by faggot mods who they called the CAT team
Tu Stultus Es
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
One of the first 'big' PC games I had was Gunship 2000 by Microprose. Helicopter game. Another was an F117 sim. A NASA shuttle launch sim that was too fucking realistic, it actually took days to launch the fucking shuttle. what else? Close Combat...

lots of games for DOS.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I actually miss the old DOS games. They actually put thought into story and game composition because the graphics were turdy.
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

The M1 Tank Platoon series was one of my favs. I'm sad they never made a third.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471

eleven bravo wrote:

i used to have an smtp worm out there called 'inkursion' (my first internet handle) that i made with a friend. it even got a threat-report on norton's official database being an early-teen when the internet really started to take off properly around 2000-2001 was good fun. i remember chat-rooms being like one of the main 'attractions' of the web.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Oh actually, my first PC game was the original Prince of Persia. What a pain in the ass that game was.
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471

Jay wrote:

I actually miss the old DOS games. They actually put thought into story and game composition because the graphics were turdy.
screw DOS games, it was all about MUDs
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Uzique wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

i used to have an smtp worm out there called 'inkursion' (my first internet handle) that i made with a friend. it even got a threat-report on norton's official database being an early-teen when the internet really started to take off properly around 2000-2001 was good fun. i remember chat-rooms being like one of the main 'attractions' of the web.
internet started to take off properly... 2000-2001...
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard