Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6097|eXtreme to the maX

Dilbert_X wrote:

Shooting club committee is utter madness.

Current shenanigans make me feel I'm in 12 Angry Men, although more the Tony Hancock version than the original, so much so that it does feel black and white.

"The rules of conduct, even before we had written them, do not allow members to undertake illegal acts"

This person has a PhD, how in the fuck am I supposed to deal with this level of stupid.
Now someone has unfriended me on facebook over this, oh god, what will I do.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6762|PNW

Is someone doing illegal acts?
uziq
+492|3443
shootin da leeetle pew-pew toy pistols at the paper targets is serious busines

Last edited by uziq (2021-11-05 04:25:28)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6762|PNW

Now this is pod racing.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Basically one person has decided to be a twat, now everyone is being a twat.

This happened at another club, someone decided to be a twat so the committee thought they'd be twats and fix it by expelling the twat.
It went to court, turns out you can't just victimise people because they're twats - thats twattery and isn't allowed.
Twattery is also expensive, total of $150,000 in costs in that case.

In my club someone decided to be a twat, someone - who is himself a twat - reported him for being a twat. The first twat then made a counterclaim against the second twat. Both claims are somewhat valid but basically twattery.

Now my club committee has decided to be twats and victimise the twat who reported the first twat by charging him with making a false claim of twattery - when his complaint about the first twat being a twat was perfectly legitimate and backed up by statements from two twats on the committee - and ignore the twattery committed by the first twat which was probably the more serious twattery of the two.

So its all fun and games and all the twats on the committee are losing their minds over two twats.

All I've done is point out they're all being twats and its all going to end up in a lot of serious and possibly expensive twattery and we'll all look like twats if we don't do everything by the book, ensure natural justice etc, and now I'm sure they all think I'm the twat.

Thats as much as I can say without breaking a confidentiality agreement, not that any of the other twats have bothered themselves much about that which is more twattery right there.
uziq
+492|3443
i’m honestly surprised. adults who are into target shooting are social retards and maladapts. i never expected that. not in a thousand years.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6762|PNW

It took 7 posts for dilbert's reply to stick, I guess. There's six identical ones before that, deleted. What the heck happened?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Multiple edits, the "Last edited by ..." triggers my OCD if its in the latest post.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

i’m honestly surprised. adults who are into target shooting are social retards and maladapts. i never expected that. not in a thousand years.
You've seen 12 Angry Men surely? Have you never sat in a committee?

Not everyone is like me, otherwise its a pretty normal cross-section of people with their own foibles and prejudices.
Plus you always get at least one crackpot with a nutty agenda, throw in a few personal vendettas for a barrel of fun

We have a 60 year old admin assistant who thinks she's a QC because she's one class into a community college law course, reigning her in is our biggest problem. Half the meetings are taken up with her moaning about her asthma and ADHD daughter.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3710
As rumors spread about what led to the deaths of eight people and hundreds of injuries at Friday night's Astroworld Festival, authorities confirmed one of the early claims that someone was injecting people with a needle during the deadly event, though it's possible it may have been an isolated incident.

A security guard working the festival was attempting to grab or restrain someone during the melee when he felt a prick on his neck before he lost consciousness, according to Houston Police Chief Troy Finner.

"When he was examined, he went unconscious," Finner said during a Saturday afternoon briefing. "(Medical staff) administered Narcan. He was revived, and the medical staff did notice a prick that was similar to a prick that you would get if someone was trying to inject."
Well that's a nightmare. I hope that guard got post exposure prophylaxis.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3710
More regarding that concert from hell.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout … ity_carry/

Someone the comments called the video "cartoonishly dystopian"
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6762|PNW

News feed wanted me to know that Chris Pratt went to bed upset and depressed over social media backlash.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3710

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

News feed wanted me to know that Chris Pratt went to bed upset and depressed over social media backlash.
Haven't been following the story but I assume he said some stupid Christian shit. I saw him say something on stage about God loving you while accepting an award and thought "this guy is going to fuck it all up".
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Mother of all things fucked.

November 7, 2021, 4:14 pm Departed USPS Regional Facility YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
November 7, 2021, 2:59 pm Arrived at USPS Regional Facility YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
November 7, 2021, 9:14 am Departed USPS Regional Facility MIAMI FL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
November 5, 2021, 10:21 am Arrived at USPS Regional Facility MIAMI FL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
November 5, 2021, 3:11 am Departed USPS Regional Facility YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
November 4, 2021, 4:15 pm Arrived at USPS Regional Facility YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
November 4, 2021, 10:49 am Departed USPS Regional Facility MIAMI FL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
October 31, 2021, 10:41 am Arrived at USPS Regional Facility MIAMI FL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
October 30, 2021, 5:46 pm Departed USPS Regional Facility YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
October 30, 2021, 4:09 pm Arrived at USPS Regional Facility YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
October 30, 2021, 10:23 am Departed USPS Regional Facility MIAMI FL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
October 29, 2021, 12:03 pm Customs Clearance ISC MIAMI FL (USPS) 
October 29, 2021, 10:18 am Arrived at USPS Regional Facility MIAMI FL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
October 29, 2021, 4:46 am Departed USPS Regional Facility YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
October 28, 2021, 4:27 pm Arrived at USPS Regional Facility YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
October 28, 2021, 10:53 am Departed USPS Regional Facility MIAMI FL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
October 24, 2021, 9:30 am Arrived at USPS Regional Facility MIAMI FL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
October 24, 2021, 4:37 am Departed USPS Regional Facility YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
October 23, 2021, 4:30 pm Arrived at USPS Regional Facility YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
October 23, 2021, 11:01 am Departed USPS Regional Facility MIAMI FL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
October 22, 2021 In Transit to Next Facility
October 20, 2021, 10:00 am Arrived at USPS Regional Facility MIAMI FL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
October 20, 2021, 4:45 am Departed USPS Regional Facility YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
October 19, 2021, 4:12 pm Arrived at USPS Regional Facility YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
October 19, 2021, 10:28 am Departed USPS Regional Facility MIAMI FL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
October 18, 2021, 8:07 am Arrived at USPS Regional Facility MIAMI FL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
October 16, 2021, 9:08 pm Arrived at USPS Regional Facility JACKSONVILLE FL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
October 15, 2021, 4:41 am Arrived at USPS Regional Facility MIAMI FL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
October 13, 2021, 6:31 pm Departed USPS Regional Facility YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
October 12, 2021, 8:01 pm Arrived at USPS Regional Facility YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
October 9, 2021, 3:22 pm Processed Through Facility ISC MIAMI FL (USPS) 
September 23, 2021, 1:17 pm Departed BEEF ISLAND, VIRGIN ISLANDS BRITISH
September 23, 2021, 11:30 am Departed SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO
September 21, 2021, 8:48 am Departed SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO
September 17, 2021, 12:16 am Departed MIAMI, UNITED STATES
September 16, 2021, 4:45 pm Arrived MIAMI, UNITED STATES
September 15, 2021, 4:51 pm Processed Through Regional Facility MIAMI FL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
September 15, 2021, 7:49 am Departed USPS Regional Facility MIAMI FL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
September 15, 2021, 7:49 am Arrived at Regional Facility MIAMI FL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
September 14, 2021, 2:58 pm Arrived at USPS Regional Facility MIAMI FL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
September 14, 2021, 1:55 pm Departed USPS Regional Facility OPA LOCKA FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
September 14, 2021, 7:59 am Arrived at USPS Regional Facility FORT MYERS FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
September 14, 2021, 5:29 am Departed USPS Regional Facility YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
September 14, 2021, 2:41 am Arrived at USPS Regional Facility YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
September 14, 2021, 1:26 am Accepted at USPS Origin Facility TAMPA, FL 33687 
September 10, 2021, 4:22 pm Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item TAMPA, FL 33687 
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Christians are an oppressed minority now.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6762|PNW

I took a look on etsy forums and I guess Florida can sometimes be a Bermuda Triangle of shipping.

RandysExoticWoods
Crafty Poster
by RandysExoticWoods Crafty Poster ‎08-12-2020 12:43 PM
It happens a lot! So much, in fact, that the clerk in my local PO said they call it "looping". No answers as to why it happens so much from anyone at the PO. Makes you wonder how much money they would save if they didn't haul packages around in circles. Most likely has to do with automated scans/sorting, but who knows. Definitely a waste of money for the PO and a source of frustration for buyers/sellers waiting for their orders to complete.
PandPF
Post Crafter
by PandPF Post Crafter ‎08-12-2020 03:57 PM
Either you or your customer can go to the USPS.com site and ask for updates... It sometimes "knocks" packages loose.  If that doesn't work, file a missing mail form with them.  All the information is on the site to do it.  I have had some luck with that.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3710
Florida is a shithole. Can't believe I once considered relocating there.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Dilbert_X wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Basically one person has decided to be a twat, now everyone is being a twat.

This happened at another club, someone decided to be a twat so the committee thought they'd be twats and fix it by expelling the twat.
It went to court, turns out you can't just victimise people because they're twats - thats twattery and isn't allowed.
Twattery is also expensive, total of $150,000 in costs in that case.

In my club someone decided to be a twat, someone - who is himself a twat - reported him for being a twat. The first twat then made a counterclaim against the second twat. Both claims are somewhat valid but basically twattery.

Now my club committee has decided to be twats and victimise the twat who reported the first twat by charging him with making a false claim of twattery - when his complaint about the first twat being a twat was perfectly legitimate and backed up by statements from two twats on the committee - and ignore the twattery committed by the first twat which was probably the more serious twattery of the two.

So its all fun and games and all the twats on the committee are losing their minds over two twats.

All I've done is point out they're all being twats and its all going to end up in a lot of serious and possibly expensive twattery and we'll all look like twats if we don't do everything by the book, ensure natural justice etc, and now I'm sure they all think I'm the twat.

Thats as much as I can say without breaking a confidentiality agreement, not that any of the other twats have bothered themselves much about that which is more twattery right there.
Now the committee is doing something grossly unconstitutional in dealing with a complaint about something grossly unconstitutional.
This is twattery of the highest order, I'm not even sure they know they're doing it.

Do I

[ ] Let it run, give them enough rope to hang themselves - and maybe me, as a member of the committee I could be liable - legally and financially, could also ruin the club. The incentive to let it run is everything they do from this point is null and void, can't be redone and they'll be fucked.

[ ] Knock it on the head now, and make myself permanently unpopular - in the club and the governing body which would make everything from here on a massive PITA. This could get the person involved booted from the governing body, I think they're sick of that person.

[ ] Forget about it, keep my mouth shut and hope it all goes away. I've probably done enough that I could probably wriggle out of any problems myself if they came up.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2021-11-07 14:46:58)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6762|PNW

Could you resign from the committee and avoid all of whatever problem this is?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I could, then I'll be unpopular, out of the loop on whats going on and they can start victimising me. Good luck with that though eh.

It might be my best option. I could try option 2, if it doesn't go through I can resign. That would work but see above.
Then its all on the record and they'll be utterly fucked.

Could also call an EGM and cancel the committee, these things are kind of a popularity contest, right or wrong people vote with their friends and in their own self-interest.

Option 3 might happen, the second twat might just pull the plug and resign, although he's combative and a life member so I can't see it happening.
I might reach out to him to find out but that can get me in more trouble, although I do know him personally.

Worst case scenario is go option 2, that gets knocked down, then twat #2 pulls the plug and forgets it all and I look like an idiot.

As a constitutional conservative idealist I'm not inclined to sit and watch someone be victimised by a bunch of twats and the committee do something grossly unconstitutional.

Anyway, fuck my balls this is tedious.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2021-11-07 14:57:00)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6762|PNW

From what little you say, it doesn't really sound like a "win" situation for you in that bunch. I guess just play stuff straight and if that doesn't work then you can wash your hands of it and join/start another club.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Erm, yeah, easier said than done. Moving clubs isn't simple, the first thing you need is a reference from your old club.

This is the best club for me and I don't really want to move, I have a lot of credit with many people in the club and it takes time to build that.

Going to have to think very carefully about what to do next or I'll get cancelled.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6762|PNW

FWP, sites asking me if I want to sign on with Google or some other social media, and I have to carefully exit the popup so I don't.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Second time of asking package has been returned to vendor, they've refunded paypal - visa payment was processed through paypal but not my paypal acct - will it go back to my visa card or will I have to login to the paypal acct I haven't used in 15 years and figure that one out? It should never have touched the account.

USPS Has stopped shipping to Aus for now as there are too few flights and Auspost is overloaded.
USPS Clearly had no mechanism for dealing with that and retrieving packages.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

FWP, sites asking me if I want to sign on with Google or some other social media, and I have to carefully exit the popup so I don't.
Yeah fuck that.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard