I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6640|949

Larssen wrote:

Indians and pakistanis aren't arabs...
Shhh, he's on a good one today.

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Larssen wrote:

Indians and pakistanis aren't arabs...
I know. Derp. My point was: the people you assume were from South Asia might just be Hispanics that look like people from South Asia.
definitely south asians, according to the accent.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3727
I trust your judgment, Ken. Larssen not so much.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Larssen
+99|1895
Who the fuck mistakes an indian man for a hispanic guy? Dunno about you but that's some obvious differences.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3727

Larssen wrote:

Who the fuck mistakes an indian man for a hispanic guy? Dunno about you but that's some obvious differences.
Mexican men and Filipino men are sometimes easy to mistake. Do you really find it strange that some descendants of migratory Asians could pass for South Asian or Filipino?
Larssen
+99|1895
both those countries have quite a bit of spanish in their gene pool. No spaniards in India
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3727
Filipinos aren't mixed with Spanish at all. The Philippines was densely populated when the Spanish took over and they had immunity to disease. And my point has nothing to do with Spaniards. You still have Mexicans that look Aztec.

What do you think Mexicans look like? Can you draw me a picture?
Larssen
+99|1895
Okay listen, there are some hindu populations in mainly the carribean, guyana and suriname and you can see the genetic influence there as well but they're nowhere near mexico. Your average juan isn't interchangeable with a guy from bombay. Indians also do not look like aztecs. There's people in colombia that look asian, in argentina and brazil some are whiter than me, in peru it's many inca/native, in mexico strong mestizo mix. I've been around the world a couple times  macbeth and interacted with many people of all sorts of backgrounds. From shona, yazidi, rohingya, hui to afro-brazilians etc. I'm fairly confident in my assessment that these guys were indeed indian. Also, if you're in a place long enough you start seeing some recurring face/body types in the population. Generally speaking, not a rule. Not all africans look the same, and in China different provinces have different Chinese etc.

Also to me mexicans don't look like arabs at all. A saudi or iraqi man has a very different build/face to a mexican. They're all shades of brown if that's what we're talking about.

Last edited by Larssen (2020-07-06 16:38:51)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6780|PNW

I think you've probably answered your own question. Someone who's been around enough to learn some of the differences is probably going to have a better idea than someone who hasn't. Or not, depending.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6640|949

Macbeth is projecting because he is a Puerto Rican who gets mistaken for an Arab all the time.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5551|Toronto
ok but like a roti is kinda a type of quesadilla, see, and you can't explain that
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6640|949

haha open-faced quesadilla
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6780|PNW

I haven't had lunch yet and now the thread has gone to food.

/fwp
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3727

Larssen wrote:

Okay listen, there are some hindu populations in mainly the carribean, guyana and suriname and you can see the genetic influence there as well but they're nowhere near mexico. Your average juan isn't interchangeable with a guy from bombay. Indians also do not look like aztecs. There's people in colombia that look asian, in argentina and brazil some are whiter than me, in peru it's many inca/native, in mexico strong mestizo mix. I've been around the world a couple times  macbeth and interacted with many people of all sorts of backgrounds. From shona, yazidi, rohingya, hui to afro-brazilians etc. I'm fairly confident in my assessment that these guys were indeed indian. Also, if you're in a place long enough you start seeing some recurring face/body types in the population. Generally speaking, not a rule. Not all africans look the same, and in China different provinces have different Chinese etc.

Also to me mexicans don't look like arabs at all. A saudi or iraqi man has a very different build/face to a mexican. They're all shades of brown if that's what we're talking about.
I didn't say Mexicans look like Arabs. I am not sure why you are even focusing too much on Mexico when I only used it as an example of Hispanics looking like other groups. Cubans, Puerto Ricans, and Dominicans somewhat often do look like Arabs. I very often cannot tell when I deal with either. You don't remember GunSlinger? He was half Arab but still looked completely Hispanic. I don't trust your opinion on the subject because I doubt you get to see every type of Hispanic person in Belgium. I trust Ken because he has a fetish for Hispanic women. They are often the same height.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5366|London, England

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Larssen wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I have never seen a restaurant table payment machine in my life.
We're one step ahead of that. You have a QR code on your table which brings you to a menu and you order from there, then checkout & online payment. They'll bring you the food/drinks without interacting with a waiter and you can up & leave whenever. It's not everywhere yet but it's pretty cool, esp. when you're sitting outside.
People in America would use that to dine and dash. Mostly black people keep in mind.
They're called Canadians
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5551|Toronto
What? I don't even get the joke. Help.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Pochsy wrote:

What? I don't even get the joke. Help.
canadians don't tip
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5551|Toronto
nah we do. 13-15% is normal. American tipping culture is super strange. 20% is the point at which you just ask why servers aren't paid more.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Pochsy wrote:

nah we do. 13-15% is normal. American tipping culture is super strange. 20% is the point at which you just ask why servers aren't paid more.
I'm not sure why 20% became the norm. When I was a kid 15% was standard. Anyway, the stereotype is that Canadians in America don't tip, and neither do black people, so black people are called Canadians in order to avoid offense. Now you know the secret.
-Frederick Bastiat
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6750|London

https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5551|Toronto

Jay wrote:

Pochsy wrote:

I'm not sure why 20% became the norm. When I was a kid 15% was standard. Anyway, the stereotype is that Canadians in America don't tip, and neither do black people, so black people are called Canadians in order to avoid offense. Now you know the secret.
Yo not even going to lie I'm kinda happy I didn't catch this joke. Like my soul is somehow cleaner not knowing the racial stereotypes in the states.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3727

Pochsy wrote:

Jay wrote:

Pochsy wrote:

Yo not even going to lie I'm kinda happy I didn't catch this joke. Like my soul is somehow cleaner not knowing the racial stereotypes in the states.
It's only a joke a server would get I guess because I didn't get it either.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6701
I have never in my life mistook an Arab for a Latino or vice versa. I know the look you referred to Mac, of some ppl from the Greater Antilles, but to me that doesn’t look Arab. It looks like a mix of Taino/Carib, West African, Spanish. The same for Desi ppl. Unmistakable looks. In the case of GunSlinger, that’s a whole other situation.

Y’all didn’t grow up in a multi cultural scene n it shows.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3727

Superior Mind wrote:

I have never in my life mistook an Arab for a Latino or vice versa. I know the look you referred to Mac, of some ppl from the Greater Antilles, but to me that doesn’t look Arab. It looks like a mix of Taino/Carib, West African, Spanish. The same for Desi ppl. Unmistakable looks. In the case of GunSlinger, that’s a whole other situation.

I only brought up the fact that I get mistaken for Arab as an example of Hispanic people sometimes getting misidentified. I KNOW ARABS ARE NOT INDIAN.

Last edited by SuperJail Warden (2020-07-06 17:29:59)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Pochsy wrote:

Jay wrote:

Pochsy wrote:

Shrug. I didn't originate it. The sad part was wait staff tripping over themselves to avoid serving Canadians. Can't really blame them when they're going to be working purely for their $2.35/hr, but it made for some real nastiness and awkwardness.

Last edited by Jay (2020-07-06 17:30:08)

-Frederick Bastiat
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6701

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

I only brought up the fact that I get mistaken for Arab as an example of Hispanic people sometimes getting misidentified. I KNOW ARABS ARE NOT INDIAN.
There was a Sicilian kid in high school who most probably had some North African blood in him. He hated when people asked if he was Arab.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard