Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5351|London, England

uziq wrote:

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

@mac Depending on his frame though that's not too bad for 6'. Might have pulled a muscle doing something else.
He is pretty muscular. I looked at the BMI thing and he is technically in the overweight category by .02 barely worth mentioning.

Lucky you. I just got a flash flood/thunder storm warning on my phone. The phone said "don't go outside unless you are fleeing flooding"
BMI is nonsense. I was considered obese by it even when I had a sixpack. It doesn't account for muscle mass or frame.
you thinking you have good cardio health because you walk 6 miles in a day is nonsense.

what's your resting heart rate? how long can you sustain aerobic exercise?
70 bpm

I'm not 20 anymore, nor am I looking to run a marathon at any point in the future. I lost 70 lbs doing keto and I feel good. That's all I care about.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5536|Toronto
I watched 1 video, ONE, on Tesla's new battery technology to get a better sense of the trends in the car industry, and now a full 1/4 of my youtube recommended videos are from channels like "electric future" and "tesla invest". I watched 30 seconds of one of these channels and it was a 19 year old (he said so) explaining why we all need to hop on this rocket ship to the moon and invest because daddy Elon is about to disrupt Earth. Holy fuck we are doomed. I've been drinking, but honestly, this is like that story of the shoe-shine boys giving stock advice before Black Thursday.

Last edited by Pochsy (2020-07-01 17:11:12)

The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6625|949

i get emails from quora. I am not sure how or why i am signed up, but i would say over 90% of the quora questions are something related to Elon Musk or Nigerians. It's soooo fucking bizarre.

Enjoy your gin and tonics. God, I hope you're drinking that bombay blue with tonic. Straight up is rough.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5536|Toronto
In so many ways Tesla really is the Apple of the generation coming of age over the next few years.

And yeah, it's been G&T's all afternoon. Even splurged for the limes. Chopping them got a little dicey somewhere around glass 4, but my wife is a champion and thought to use the lemon juicer thing to keep all my fingers attached to my hands. Ran out of ice hours ago though. I've resorted to chilling the glasses until that can be resolved.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Elon is our greatest hope and savior. I have a Musk shrine in the corner of my living room. It replaced the virgin Mary shrine I made my wife remove when I forced her to convert to protestantism.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6625|949

Fucking bizarro world:

https://i.imgur.com/o6jhDkp.png
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5536|Toronto
Musk is going to change the world in a bigger way than Catholicism anyways. Writing's on the wall, and when he gets to Mars we're all going to be begging him for the chance to drink the kool-aid, buy the ticket, and take the ride.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
It must be sending those for a reason. Did you ask Quora about Elon Musk once?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
https://i.imgur.com/8hss8RC.jpg
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6625|949

i have never asked a question on quora in my life. I remember a long time ago i looked up something and the answer was on quora. The whole Elon/Nigerian question thing has just recently started. Or I just recently noticed.

I could not care less about Elon Musk. I don't think I have so much as googled anything about him. The only time i ever go to quora is when i click on those emails. Maybe I read one and it started spamming me? Doesn't explain the Nigerian ones though.

Someone must have sold them some bunk data. Elon Musk and Nigerians do not overlap in any sort of venn diagram of my interests or internet footprint.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5536|Toronto

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Fucking bizarro world:

hahahaha some of those are gold. Like he's a savior CEO. I've watched some interviews and I honestly don't get it. I suppose I'm used to working with executives who can string together a sentence before needing to full stop before the next galaxy brain thought tumbles out of their smirking face. They make it seem like Elon is out there doing 3000% of the engineering work and writing the submission to the patent office. My father has colleagues at Tesla, and they are all so burnt out by having to read twitter to figure out what next spitball idea they'll chase for 3 weeks before they convince Elon to bring it into the world of mere mortals.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I remember sitting in college physics class and thinking about how to run a vehicle in a vacuum to avoid friction. A few years later my brilliant freshman level idea, one step above my perpetual motion machine idea, was born as the hyperloop. Genius, man.
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6625|949

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Fucking bizarro world:

cont'd. It's really just a recent phenomenon I  guess:

https://i.imgur.com/rFD9RK4.png

https://i.imgur.com/VDfvssO.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6625|949

The questions about Nigerians is really fucking me up. People type that in to quora? What the fuck is quora, anyway? Readers Digest of the internet?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

The questions about Nigerians is really fucking me up. People type that in to quora? What the fuck is quora, anyway? Readers Digest of the internet?
I was literally going to make a joke asking what you think of Nigerians.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5536|Toronto
Even sold a flamethrower to promote the business (I'm drunk--Ken, what's the term for an unrelated product designed to promote the brand's image?) that was a re-skinned Australian bush clearing torch. Neato.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I think it's the current Ask Jeeves
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Jay wrote:

I remember sitting in college physics class and thinking about how to run a vehicle in a vacuum to avoid friction. A few years later my brilliant freshman level idea, one step above my perpetual motion machine idea, was born as the hyperloop. Genius, man.
Isembard Brunel beat you by maybe 160-ish years in terms of vacuum-based transit.

You're right that BMI models aren't the last word, though. But they are practical guidelines if you apply a bit of common sense. Mac's dad is probably fine if he's as muscular as described. Sounds in better shape than most people in their 50s.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6099|eXtreme to the maX

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Jay wrote:

Isembard Brunel beat you by maybe 160-ish years in terms of vacuum-based transit.

You're right that BMI models aren't the last word, though. But they are practical guidelines if you apply a bit of common sense. Mac's dad is probably fine if he's as muscular as described. Sounds in better shape than most people in their 50s.
There was a plan to run the london tube in vacuum I think.

Still hilarious that the US has depended on foreign engineers to kick-start their space program not once but twice.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3445

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

it’s like a crowd sourced ask jeeves.

remember when all early search engines encouraged your queries in the form of a question?

remember yahoo answers?

people are really stupid.

elon musk takes a lot of LSD. some of his twitter meltdowns have a very strong ‘cooped up for too long at a compound with psychedelics’ vibe.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
Musk has type 2 bipolar disorder. So does Kanye. It is obvious if you know the signs.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6625|949

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Fucking bizarro world:

cont'd. It's really just a recent phenomenon I  guess:

https://i.imgur.com/8D5p7Ek.png

What do you all think?
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5536|Toronto
Woke up this morning to several fraudulent charges on my credit card. Second time in 2 years. Some of them are for memberships too, which sucks ass because it takes an argument with the company to stop charging me monthly.

Last time this happened they used a credit card ping to access my actual bank accounts and started transferring the max e-transfer amount out multiple times. I was even on the phone with the fraud department as it was happening watching the money get drained. Going to hope these guys aren't so sophisticated.
uziq
+492|3445
wow that sucks. i've never been frauded at my bank/card, thankfully. i've been very fortunate. had quite a few messy nights out with, ahem, cards being passed around and not returned. losing a contactless card on a night-out in a busy area is a pain in the ass. anyone can pick them up and take it to the bar for infinite resupplies. i've had some very fucked/amusing conversations with bank-staff in india at 2am in the morning, trying to explain to them to cancel my card immediately.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Thankfully about my only experience with something like that was getting a game account hacked and being told by support that it was impossible.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard