Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Discuss.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,857|5244|949

It would be cool if there was any sort of unified protocol, and the products worked as advertised/intended, but there isn't and they don't. If and when there is an industry standard, I might upgrade.

Smart thermostats or anything that works as a standalone without needing to integrate into a larger system are ok. Nest thermos are solid

And yeah, to the above: the calibration of those systems takes a herculean effort too. Whats the motion sensitivity? I need it to be enough to capture a shadow in my window,  but I don't want the wind or clouds to false trigger, blah blah blah. Its a cool toy, but unless you have the money to pay for professional installation and upkeep its just not worth it.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,002|3970|London, England

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

It would be cool if there was any sort of unified protocol, and the products worked as advertised/intended, but there isn't and they don't. If and when there is an industry standard, I might upgrade.

Smart thermostats or anything that works as a standalone without needing to integrate into a larger system are ok. Nest thermos are solid

And yeah, to the above: the calibration of those systems takes a herculean effort too. Whats the motion sensitivity? I need it to be enough to capture a shadow in my window,  but I don't want the wind or clouds to false trigger, blah blah blah. Its a cool toy, but unless you have the money to pay for professional installation and upkeep its just not worth it.
I'm surprised they're not all BACNET.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,692|4718|eXtreme to the maX
Going to get my first haircut since the lockdown.

Wish me luck.
Epstein didn't kill himself
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,857|5244|949

You should get them all cut.

I'll be here all week. Next show is at 8. Don't forget to tip your waitress!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,692|4718|eXtreme to the maX
Also massage parlours have been given permission to reopen.
Epstein didn't kill himself
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,857|5244|949

I had someone tell me I should get a massage. I'm not a massage person. It's weird to have a random person touching my body. Do they help relax you?
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+690|4155|Toronto
Massages are one of the few luxuries I would go 100 in on if I had the money. One a day, for sure.

The trick is to let them know where it stops being fun for you. For some people that means just back work, others no head stuff, others no flipping over. Hell, I have a buddy who just gets arm massages for a half hour.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
SuperJail Warden
Member
+343|2332
I had a message at a parlor once. Meh. I don't recommend it. It's like Yoga and meditation. Doesn't work for me.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,692|4718|eXtreme to the maX
Just back and shoulders is fine for me. Everything else does nothing.
Don't go to an amateur or have it done in a work chair at your desk, you can be paralysed.

I had reflexology for a while which did actually unscramble my feet, until you've had it done you don't know whats wrong.

(I used to know a massage therapy student who needed a test dummy)

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-06-04 18:20:53)

Epstein didn't kill himself
Dauntless
Member
+2,230|5355|London

Has anyone had their neck cracked? I can sometimes crack mine but would like to have it done professionally

https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
uziq
Member
+280|2064
dauntless you creepy guy.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,692|4718|eXtreme to the maX

Dauntless wrote:

Has anyone had their neck cracked? I can sometimes crack mine but would like to have it done professionally

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GkwqNmYDCQ
No, stay the fuck away from that.

Also

Jian Zihao wrote:

dauntless you creepy guy.
Epstein didn't kill himself
uziq
Member
+280|2064
ni hao ma
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,692|4718|eXtreme to the maX
Haircut achieved, now to remove the bystanders from the spikes on the front of my Subara.
Should consider adapting to a cowcatcher and save time in future.
Epstein didn't kill himself
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,857|5244|949

They changed the site for my survival class at the last minute and now I have to go buy an emergency blanket because its about 3000 feet higher in altitude than the original site (thats a little less than 1000 meters for the non-Americans). I could use the one in my first aid kit but then I won't be able to fold it up as nicely as it is now.
uziq
Member
+280|2064
i live near to the border of wales and need to go there soon to see someone. for the first time in my life, there's an actual border in force due to difference in covid policy. any travel away fro your immediate area in wales is a fine-able offence. my booty call shall go long unrequited.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,692|4718|eXtreme to the maX

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

They changed the site for my survival class at the last minute and now I have to go buy an emergency blanket because its about 3000 feet higher in altitude than the original site (thats a little less than 1000 meters for the non-Americans). I could use the one in my first aid kit but then I won't be able to fold it up as nicely as it is now.
Emergency blanket? Don't forget your facemask and tampons you liberal fucking pussy.
Epstein didn't kill himself
SuperJail Warden
Member
+343|2332

uziq wrote:

i live near to the border of wales and need to go there soon to see someone. for the first time in my life, there's an actual border in force due to difference in covid policy. any travel away fro your immediate area in wales is a fine-able offence. my booty call shall go long unrequited.
Why are you cheating on your girlfriend?
uziq
Member
+280|2064
i was being facetious. it's very strange, i grew up in a border county/region and the 'difference' between the two countries has always been nominal at best. the border is marked by a river (the wye) and on any given day you can hop back and forth at about 7 different crossings. now it's suddenly a different country and you are not allowed to travel there.
SuperJail Warden
Member
+343|2332
Some of what I have to deal with while moderating porn subs.
https://preview.redd.it/lzgb150zee351.png?width=962&auto=webp&s=323798809e7eaf2ed3d6a0f3be5065ac93fca0b9
uziq
Member
+280|2064
i genuinely can never see any benefit of being a reddit mod. worse, in your case the only benefit seems to be you are a simp who can simper over an actual porn star once every 5 years in a brief exchange.

i suppose it’s a marginal improvement for them, having these weirdos enthroned and engaged with responsibilities on a website, so that they no longer spend all their time stalking them around the adult convention circuit or whatever.

Last edited by uziq (2020-06-07 01:15:36)

SuperJail Warden
Member
+343|2332
I don't actually do much of anything at all. Even though it has hundred of thousands of subscribers automod does everything for you. I didn't even answer the guy.

I did get a signed book. Reddit shut down a bunch of porn subs awhile back once they found that the mods had made deals to promote traffic to certain porn sites.
uziq
Member
+280|2064
it's like a form of status that nobody should want. to have authority over ... reddit users? shudder.

lol good on you if you're stopping dweebs from sharing pornstars' personal information, though.

Last edited by uziq (2020-06-07 01:42:26)

SuperJail Warden
Member
+343|2332

uziq wrote:

it's like a form of status that nobody should want. to have authority over ... reddit users? shudder.

lol good on you if you're stopping dweebs from sharing pornstars' personal information, though.
I have hundreds of thousands of souls within my power. Meanwhile newbie and Ken are managing the last holdouts of this place.
uziq
Member
+280|2064
that's true, you do have more status than a bf2s mod ever had. i moderated the xfire forums when i was about 13 so i do understand the basic power-trip. but i could not spend more than a fly's fart of an instant on the 'concerns' of gamers now i am all growed up.

i think it's a safe strategy to try and minimize as much as is feasible your interactions with people who very likely have multiple fleshlights.

Last edited by uziq (2020-06-07 01:55:34)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2020 Jeff Minard