Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX
Me too.

I still believe the mental illness bandwagon has been jumped on by a lot of people who are too lazy to parent their kids, and by a lot of people who want an excuse for their lazy selfishness as adults and to get hold of drugs.

Of course there is real mental illness, I've dealt with enough mentally ill people, people who've had their lives fucked, and enough suicides, to last a lifetime.
The lazy fucks who want to drug themselves out of their - fairly comfortable and not too traumatic - reality demean and suck resources away from the people who are really struggling. These people need a month at Brat Camp and to then get on with their lives, so they can pay taxes to support the people who really do need help.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3720
To build off of what you said, Dilbert, I want to say I don't think drug addiction is an illness. A lot of mentally ill people get into drugs no doubt about that. But a normal middle class American who is unable to stop popping Vicodin after they get some handed to them at a party is not ill. They are just irresponsible drug addicts looking for an excuse as to why they can't control their drug problems.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I'd say some people seek out drug problems as an excuse as to why they can't control their lives.

People seek out HIV infection so they can play the victim, same for drug addiction.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6693
Drug addiction is the result of extreme imbalance in the bio-chemical and electrical systems of the body. Kids are addicted to sugar, electronics, and caffeine from early ages and this often flowers into a more serious and extreme kind of addiction later in life. I think most people are addicted to something. If not a substance than a behavior or object. Seeking out drugs is a natural response to find balance in one's being. This is a basic principle of all organic systems. There is a constant and automatic seeking of homeostasis. We should not make moral judgments about addiction. Better that we guide people toward finding balance without condemning. That said I think 12 step is greatly flawed, but differently and not as much as is the criminality of certain drug addictions (and not others).
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Its not that taking drugs is nice, people enjoy it and then become addicted?
Aren't people generally predisposed to become addicted to anything which delivers that dopamine rush?

I'm not going to accept the 'drug addicts are victims' argument in every case. Many of them go into it knowing all the consequences.
uziq
+492|3452
a lot of fucking armchair experts here. didn't realise so many of you shut-in neckbeards went to medical school.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
This isn't The Lancet.

I guess we should go back to discussing the merits of the MP7
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3720
the ak-101 was the best gun in the game. i plan to buy a all black AK style rifle soon out of respect for it

Last edited by SuperJail Warden (2017-01-30 05:37:43)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Everyone seemed to like the L85A1, and do well with it, I couldn't hit shit.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6623|Little Bentcock
101 4 lyf
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6693
The G3 was my ar of choice. Everyone did obsess over the L85 but it was useless when you needed to let 'er rip at close mid range.

101 was the most balanced
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6685|United States of America
G36E, yo. Burst the fuck outta fools.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6693
G36E was a noob cannon.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6685|United States of America
Mad cuz bad
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5358|London, England
I liked medium ranged sniping with the l85
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Jay wrote:

I liked medium ranged sniping with the l85
This is exactly what I'm talking about, I couldn't hit a thing at any distance, the G3 was better at any range.

Looking at new cars, can't get new car stink out of nose.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3720
If you were trying to snipe with the l85, you were only supposed to fire in 1-2 round burst.

I don't know why you would even try to snipe as a medic anyway. You are supposed to get in the middle of things and get those revives.
uziq
+492|3452
g36e was for noobs
the l85 was for a special breed of noob that lay prone squinting down the streets of karkand

ak/rpk master race.

what was that support gun called you could snipe with? that was a lot of fun.

thinking about these weapons made me remember how fucking horrid bf2's hitreg was.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6693
PKM

was the best
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

F2000 was a special kind of troll.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6693
It was running around with a super soaker.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3720
But the F2000 came with a grenade launcher. It was better than the M-16 with GL Marines default got.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

i was reminiscing about BF:V a few days ago.  Remember the CAR with the noob cannon? Run out of ammo and just launch a nade at the enemy.  Or find the shovel point in the brush on Ho Chi Minh and just launch a few nades around it.  Good times
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6714|Purplicious Wisconsin

SuperJail Warden wrote:

But the F2000 came with a grenade launcher. It was better than the M-16 with GL Marines default got.
Also came with flashbangs.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

i was reminiscing about BF:V a few days ago.  Remember the CAR with the noob cannon? Run out of ammo and just launch a nade at the enemy.  Or find the shovel point in the brush on Ho Chi Minh and just launch a few nades around it.  Good times
What I remember the most about that game was landing helicopters upside down.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard