Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6110|eXtreme to the maX
My 4k monitor seems to have bitten the dust, I have to use my 1680x1050 backup until its fixed or replaced.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6689|United States of America
I'm not sure if I should do my IRA contributions now to take advantage of a strong economy rallying under a Trump "big business" boom or hold on until the bottom falls out, as both seem equally likely. I'm already white, so my best shot to minimize hardship under Republicans is to become rich.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3724
Invest in gold, MREs, and 5.56 NATO rounds
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5362|London, England

DesertFox- wrote:

I'm not sure if I should do my IRA contributions now to take advantage of a strong economy rallying under a Trump "big business" boom or hold on until the bottom falls out, as both seem equally likely. I'm already white, so my best shot to minimize hardship under Republicans is to become rich.
Max out your Roth and if your employer does matching, put as much as they'll match into your 401k. Don't try to time the market.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
DesertFox-
Um, I'm in my mid-20s and have been working for years. I know that shit.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5362|London, England
Ok
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3724
Create a budget and try to follow it. Pay off your credit cards in full and don't carry a balance.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6295|Washington St.
Fuck that, you guys live a boring life. Liquidate everything and buy gold bouillon and lotto tickets. Bury the gold in different holes around your state.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3724
I save as much money as I can and am pretty stable and secure. I sometimes dream of taking it all and just running off someplace to get involved with extremist militias. What kind? I don't know. I just want an adventure.
DesertFox-
It would be fun for me to be as fiscally irresponsible as my sister is. She seems to spend it more on stupid "nerdy" crap than, say, fun travel experiences, but the promise of a comfortable life if and when I make it to 70 doesn't sound worth it.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6636|949

spend as much money as you want and save a bit.  20s are for being irresponsible.  You have your 30s and 40s to save lots.  I buy whatever i want and go wherever i want and still save money.  I also am single with no kids
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

DesertFox- wrote:

I suspect the Trump crash is going to be as bigly as the Trump boom. In fact the Trump boom may well be peaking about now, I think maybe its got another 3-6 months to go before the economy implodes and people realise he really is a madman in a ginger wig with no clue about economics, so it could have a little left to run.
Really the price today reflects the value people think will be there in 6-18 months.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Jay wrote:

Don't try to time the market.
Nonsense, buy in at a peak and it can take a decade or more to be back to square one.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3724
Major sleep problems lately. I can't sleep at all unless I take my medicine. Not even a nap. When I take my medicine I can only do 5 hours or so. Whenever I sleep I have intense dreams. I don't mind the dreams though.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6636|949

what kind of medicine? Zolpidem?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3724
lamictal, wellbutrin, and risperdal.

Hardcore antipsychotics and mood stabilizers. They keep me on the up and up but I am still dangerously crazy. I can just hold a job and get lovers with them.
DesertFox-
That must be an unintended side-effect.
Pocshy2.0
+23|3375

SuperJail Warden wrote:

lamictal, wellbutrin, and risperdal.

Hardcore antipsychotics and mood stabilizers. They keep me on the up and up but I am still dangerously crazy. I can just hold a job and get lovers with them.
Bipolar Disorder? My cousin had a manic episode several years ago. Got on that Olanzapine and hasn't had a problem since. Entirely treatable if your case isn't too severe.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6636|949

fuck the wellbutrin.  That shit is garbage.

Lamictal will make you sleep, yeah.  Not a fan of people being given lamictal or risperdal.  Risperdal especially should be reserved for only those with severe schizophrenia

Weird that they give you wellbutrin and Lamictal/Risperdal combo.  I took wellbutrin when I was a teenager and I did not like it at all.  Fake happiness.  Your body is convinced it is happy and so is your mind but it's superficial and you find yourself asking "why do i feel this way if I really don't feel this way?"

What were you diagnosed as? BPD? Hypomanic?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3724

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

fuck the wellbutrin.  That shit is garbage.

Lamictal will make you sleep, yeah.  Not a fan of people being given lamictal or risperdal.  Risperdal especially should be reserved for only those with severe schizophrenia

Weird that they give you wellbutrin and Lamictal/Risperdal combo.  I took wellbutrin when I was a teenager and I did not like it at all.  Fake happiness.  Your body is convinced it is happy and so is your mind but it's superficial and you find yourself asking "why do i feel this way if I really don't feel this way?"

What were you diagnosed as? BPD? Hypomanic?
When did you become a pharmacist? My pills work for me and I wouldn't change them for anything in the world.

I have type 2 bipolar disorder. Interestingly when I first joined the forum I was in the middle of a hypomanic episode. Around december 2011, i fell into a depression. a psychology student can probably write a dissertation on the difference between my post in 08-11 and 11-17
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6636|949

I was on wellbutrin when i was younger.  That 'crazy' chick i've mentioned before here (the one you said I was taking advantage of) was diagnosed hypomanic and was put on all kinds of shit, including lamictal and risperdal (along with lithium, depakote, etc) at different times.  Had to catalog her moods, blah blah.  I and her brother (who had just finished med school at the time) convinced her to see a different, better credentialed doctor.  Lo and behold, no mental illness diagnosed.  I have very mixed feelings about psychiatric diagnoses.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3724
I knew a girl who was on lithium. I was never on it but from what I heard it is some hardcore stuff. She was off of it by the time I met her and she swore off any medication after it. That's too bad because she needed something to relax in my opinion. She was very tightly wound.

I am of the opinion that every adult person would be improved in some way by some medication. I wouldn't put the stuff in our drinking water but I don't believe it is being over proscribed. More people should be put on something.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I think the vast bulk of 'mental illness' could be solved with
- A good slap
- Proper diet
- Fresh air and exercise

I don't do drugs, but I do rely on my weekly therapy sessions.

https://i.imgur.com/6lNxzFfl.jpg

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2017-01-27 21:34:46)

Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5183|Sydney

Dilbert_X wrote:

I think the vast bulk of 'mental illness' could be solved with
- A good slap
- Proper diet
- Fresh air and exercise

I don't do drugs, but I do rely on my weekly therapy sessions.

As someone who worked in the mental illness field for 4.5 years I can say quite comfortably say you're totally wrong. If anything there isn't enough to address how to treat mental illness, and the stigma still attached to it is pervaded with ignorant posts like yours.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6627|Little Bentcock
Mac is my favourite poster here.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard